C-DAC’s Eligibility-cum-ranking TestExams Date »
C-DAC’s Eligibility-cum-ranking Test 2021
Applications are invited for admission into PG Diploma courses in C-DAC through entrance examination known as C-CAT 2021 for the academic session 2021.
C-DAC Admission Eligibility 2021
- Graduate in Engineering or equivalent ( e.g. BE / BTech / 4-year BSc / AMIE / DoEACC B Level, etc. ) in Electronics / Computer Science / IT or related areas.
- Otherwise, Post Graduate in Engineering Sciences ( e.g. MSc in Computer Science, IT, Electronics, etc. )
- Otherwise, Graduate in any discipline of Engineering or equivalent,
- Otherwise, Graduate in MCA / MCM
- Otherwise, Post Graduate in Physics / Computational Sciences / Mathematics or allied areas.
- Otherwise, Post Graduate in Management with graduation degree in Science / IT / Computers
- The candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
C-DAC Admission Exam Pattern 2021
- C-CAT has three sections ( Section A, Section B, Section C ) of one hour duration each. depending on the category of courses selected by the candidate, he / she will have to either appear for just one test paper ( Section A ) or two test papers ( Section A and Section B ) or all the three test papers ( Section A, Section B and Section C ). The medium of C-CAT is English.
- Every section in C-CAT will have 50 objective-type questions.
- Each question will have four choices as possible answers of which only one will be correct.
- There will be +3 ( plus three ) marks for each correct answer, -1 ( minus one ) for each wrong answer, and 0 ( zero ) marks for each un-attempted question.
- The maximum mark a candidate can obtain in any one section of C-CAT is 150.
|Course Category||Course name||C-CAT Paper ( s )|
|I||PG Diploma in Geoinformatics ( PG-DGi )||Section A|
|II||PG Diploma in Advanced Computing ( PG-DAC )||Section A + Section B|
|PG Diploma in Mobile Computing ( PG-DMC )|
|PG Diploma in System Software Development ( PG-DSSD )|
|PG Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security ( PG-DITISS )|
|PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics ( PG-DBDA )|
|PG Diploma in Internet of Things ( PG-DIoT )|
|PG Diploma in HPC System Administration ( PG-HPCSA )|
|III||PG Diploma in Embedded Systems Design ( PG-DESD )||Section A + Section B + Section C|
|PG Diploma in VLSI Design ( PG-DVLSI )|
|PG Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation & Health Informatics ( PG-DBIHI )|
C-DAC Admission Application Form 2021
How to apply
- C-DAC’s entrance examination application form will be available at the website www.cdac.in.
- For more details contact the admission office.
- After filling the online C-CAT application form, the examination fee is to be paid online through the ‘Make Payment‟ step on the main menu of the online application. No cash or cheque or demand draft ( DD ) will be accepted towards payment of C-CAT examination fee.
- For candidates who opt (in the online application) to use their own laptops for C-CAT, the examination fee for Category I ( Section A ) is ₹ 1350/-, for Category II ( Sections A & B ) is ₹1550/-, and for Category III ( Sections A, B & C ) is ₹ 1750/-.
- A computer usage charge of ₹ 250/- will be added to the fee if the candidate opts in the online application to use the computer of the C-CAT centre.
- Candidates may note that the C-CAT examination fee once paid is not refundable.
- The examination fee can be paid using credit / debit cards through the payment gateway that will be opened upon clicking the ‘Online’ option of the ‘Make Payment’ step.
- Candidates are advised to follow the instructions / steps given on the payment gateway, and also print / keep the transaction details for their records.
- On accepting the examination fee at C-DAC, the ‘Make Payment’ step on the main menu of the online application will be tick-marked, and the status of payment will be updated on the ‘Status Check’ menu.
- The pdf application form obtained by clicking the ‘View / Print Application Form’ on the main menu will now have the transaction details of the payment made.
C-DAC Admission Admit Card 2021
- Candidates can download their admit cards from C-DAC’s website during the dates mentioned under Important Dates.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear for C-CAT without a valid admit card.
- The admit card along with a photo identity proof must be presented to the C-CAT officials / invigilators for verification at the time of the test.
- The venue, date and time of C-CAT will be communicated to the candidates on the admit cards.
- Candidates must appear for C-CAT on the specified date and time at the venue mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates who have opted to use their own laptops for CCAT must configure their laptops well in advance as per the instructions given on the admit cards.
- Examination fee will not be refunded to candidates who are absent or coming late for C-CAT.
C-DAC Admission Selection Process 2021
- Candidate must get valid score in CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2021. Selection will be done by merit.
C-DAC Admission Exam Centres 2021
|Mumbai||Nagpur||Nashik||Navi Mumbai||New Delhi|
C-DAC Admission Syllabus 2021
The syllabus of CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2021 for Paper 1, Paper 1+2, Paper 1+2+3 are mentioned below:
|Section A||English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning||1 hour|
|Section B||Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, Data Structures, Data Communication & Networking, Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Operating Systems||1 hour|
|Section C||Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics, Microprocessors||1 hour|
The list of reference books for the various topics of CCAT. Candidates are, however, advised to read more books than the ones specified in this table.
|A||English||Any High School Grammar Book ( e.g. Wren & Martin )|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude Fully Solved ( R. S. Aggrawal ) Quantitative Aptitude ( M Tyara ) Barrons New GRE 2016|
|B||Computer Fundamentals||Foundations of Computing ( Pradeep Sinha & Priti Sinha )|
|Data Communication & Networking||Data Communication & Networking ( Forouzan )|
|C Programming||C Programming Language ( Kernighan & Ritchie ) Let Us C (Yashavant Kanetkar)|
|Data Structures||Data Structures Through C in Depth ( S. K. Srivastava )|
|Operating Systems||Operating System Principles ( Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne )|
|OOP Concepts||Test Your C ++ Skills ( Yashavant Kanetkar )|
|C||Computer Architecture||Computer Organization & Architecture ( William Stallings )|
|Digital Electronics||Digital Design ( Morris Mano ) Digital Design: Principles & Practices ( John Wakerly ) Modern Digital Electronics ( R. P. Jain )|
|Microprocessors||Microprocessor Architecture, Programming & Applications with 8085 ( Ramesh Gaonkar ) The Intel Microprocessor ( Barry Brey )|
C-DAC Admission Results 2021
- The aspirants who have appeared in the CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2021 can check their result on the official website www.cdac.in.
C-DAC Admission Counselling 2021
- C-DAC’s PG Diploma admission process has two counselling sessions and three rounds of seat allocations. Counselling means online filling of preferences of courses and training centers by the candidates.
- There are two rounds of seat allocations based on the first counselling. This means that using the course-center preferences given by the candidates during the first choice filling, two rounds of seat allocations ( Round 1 and Round 2 ) will be done.
- Depending on their C-CAT ranks, candidates will be allocated seats strictly based on the order of preferences of courses and centres given by them during the counselling. If some candidates’ ranks are not good enough to get them their top preferences in the first round of seat allocations, they may be offered their lower preferred courses / centres depending on their ranks. Such candidates may be allocated their higher-preferred course / centre in the second round of seat allocation, depending on their ranks. However, if candidates get their first preference in the first round of seat allocation itself, then that will be their final allocated seat and there will be no change for them in the second round of seat allocations. The seats allocated in the second round are final and there will be no further change in them.
- Through the second counselling, candidates who have not got / confirmed admission are given one last chance to online fill their preferences of courses and training centres for the vacant seats that arise after the second round of admissions. The second counselling is scheduled after the payment of the first installment fee of the second round of seat allocation. The third round of seat allocation is based on the second counselling.
- During both the counselling sessions, candidates will be permitted to give preferences for only those courses belonging to the category they had selected in the C-CAT application form. However, a candidate can give as many preferences of training centres and courses belonging to the applied C-CAT category.
- Based on the C-CAT ranks, admissions to various courses at different training centres are offered in the order of preferences of courses and centres given by the candidate and the number of seats available for the courses at the particular centres. Therefore candidates must take utmost care while filling the order of preference of the courses and centres. Under any circumstance, a candidate will not be allocated another course / centre which was not given as a preference during the counselling stage.
C-DAC Admission Important Dates 2021
|1||Online registration of CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 begins||29th October, 2018|
|2||Online registration of CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 close||30th November, 2018|
|3||Admit card of CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 release||7th to 14th December, 2018|
|4||CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 Exam||10th to 17th December, 2018|
|5||CDAC Common Admission Test CAT 2019 result release||28th December, 2018|
|6||Online counselling Round 1||28th December, 2018 to 4th January, 2019|
|7||The result of Counselling||8th January, 2019|
|8||Last date to fee payment of allotted seat||15th January, 2019|
|9||Counselling Round 2||19th January, 2019|
|10||Fee payment last date of allotted seat||24th February, 2019|
|11||Payment of caution deposit and online selection of course and centres ( 2nd counselling )||1st to 7th February, 2019|
|12||Declaration of Third Round of Seat Allocation ( based on 2nd Counselling )||9th February, 2019|
|13||Last Date of Payment of Balance course fee||16th February, 2019|
Pune University Campus, Ganesh Khind
Pune – 411 007
Fax : +91-20-2569 4004,
Website : www.cdac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.