University of Calcutta MPhil Entrance ExamExams Date »
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission 2019
University of Calcutta invites admission application from eligible candidates for Entrance Examinations leading to admission in MPhil program for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Courses Offered 2019
- Library & Information Science ( Self – Financed )
- Ancient Indian History & Culture
- Political Science
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Eligibility 2019
- Any candidate who has passed the M.A / M. Sc / M. Com / MLIS or equivalent examination of the university with 55% marks in aggregate [ SC / ST / OBC / PWD ( minimum 40% disability ) with 50% marks ] students in the respective subject / subjects. Students who are taking M.A / M. Sc / M. Com / MLIS or equivalent Part – II Examination and or Final Semester Examination in the above mentioned subjects may also apply provisionally and sit for the Admission Test but their final admission would depend on passing the examination obtained the required marks mentioned above.
- Candidates who have qualified NET and or SET or any equivalent National Level Examination are exempted from the written test, but not from the interview / viva-voce.
- Candidates holding the qualifying degree from universities / institutions of other States and or candidates holding the qualifying degree from “Distance course and or Open universities from any States” are required to submit the “Equivalence Certificate” from the University of Calcutta ( obtainable from the Office of the Registrar, CU ) at the time of submission of application form.
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Seats 2019
Bengali – 17, Commerce – 19, Education – 09, History – 09, Hindi – 08, Urdu – 04, Sociology – 03, English – 11, Library & Information Science – 17, Ancient Indian History & Culture – 10, Sanskrit – 20, Pali – 10, Political Science – 06, Philosophy – 15, Economics – 13
- For SC, ST, OBC – A, OBC – B and PWD candidate will be made as per University / Govt rules.
- Reservation of 3% of seats for PWD within each respective category ( SC / ST, OBC – A, OBC – B / unreserved of the concerned subject )
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Application Form 2019
University of Calcutta admission application form is available in the official website www.caluniv.ac.in.
- The prescribed Application Form for admission to M. Phil courses for the session 2019 ( January ) – 2020 ( December ) can be downloaded from the official website of University of Calcutta www.caluniv.ac.in.
- Downloaded application forms completed in all respect with the proof of payment of [rupee] 500/- for General and [rupee] 250/- for SC / ST / PWD category. Challans are to be procured from C.U. Cash Counter and endorsed by the concerned Office of the Secretary before depositing the application fees for offline payment. The fees can also be paid to the SBI online
- Completed Application Forms except Education, Sociology, Philosophy, History, Ancient Indian History & Culture, Political Science and Library & Information science will be received by the Office of the Secretary, UCAC, ( College Street Campus, CU ), Room No. 3G, Asutosh Building ( Ground Floor ) between 12 noon and 4 pm on all working days with all relevant documents – self Attested but original documents are to be shown at the time of submission of application form
- Forms for Library & Information Science will be received by the Office of the Department of Library & Information Science, Asutosh Building ( 3rd Floor ), College Street Campus, CU within the date and time mentioned above.
University of Calcutta MPhil Selection Procedure 2019
- Candidates are Selected through NET and or SET or any equivalent National Level Examination are exempted from the written test
University of Calcutta MPhil Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Last Date of Submission of Completed Application Form||14th December, 2018|
|2||Date of Examination||To be announced|
|3||Date of Results||To be announced|
University of Calcutta,
87/1, College St,
Kolkata, West Bengal 700073, India.,
Telephone No. : 033 2219 2286,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.caluniv.ac.in.