Christ University PhD Entrance ExamExams Date »
Christ University PhD Entrance Exam 2019
Christ University invites admission application for Entrance Examinations leading to admission in PhD programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
Christ University PhD Admission Courses Offered 2019
Christ University offers Ph.D. Programme in the following specializations :
- Social Work
- Computer Science Engg.
- Information Technology
- Electrical & Electronics Engg.
- Electronics & Comm. Engg.
- International Studies
- Mechanical Engg.
- Media Studies
- Civil Engg.
Christ University PhD Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidate should possess postgraduate and M.Phil degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university or institute
- If the candidate has cleared UGC – CSIR NET / JRF examination or SLET / GATE examinations and also the students that have worked as JRF for one year in the externally funded major research projects, he / she may be exempted from the M.Phil. Requirement.
- In case of internally funded major research projects, students may be exempted from M.Phil. Requirement after two years of research experience.
- Under certain conditions such as presence of high impact publication, students with high academic performance at the postgraduate level, may be admitted directly to a Ph.D. programme.
Christ University PhD Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- Duration : 2 Hours
- Maximum Marks : 200
- Section A – Research Methodology – 100 Multiple Choice Questions each carry one mark.
- Section B – Subject Specific – 100 Multiple Choice Questions each carry one mark.
Christ University PhD Admission Application Form 2019
Christ University Ph.D. admission application form is available in the official website www.christuniversity.in.
How to apply
Interested candidates can apply for admission through the following two modes : Online Mode or Offline Mode.
Offline Mode :
Candidates can obtain the application form by remitting the required fee at Counter No. 7, Office of Admissions, Ground Floor, Central Block, Christ University Main Campus, Bengaluru. Candidate should fill in the required fields and affix a recent passport size ( 3.5cm x 4.5cm ) photograph.
Online Mode :
Candidates can download the Application Form available at the university website. Students should fill the forms with all the necessary information and submit them along with the fee through online mode.
Application Fee :
For Indian Nationals : Through a SBI Application Processing Fee Challan for ₹ 1000/- from any Core Banking Branch of State Bank of India / a valid Credit Card / Debit Card or Net Banking facility.
For NRI / International Student Category : DD for ₹ 100/- USD or equivalent to it in INR in favour of “Christ University, Bengaluru” payable at Bengaluru.
List of enclosures :
- A copy of the DD or the Challan
- The filled – in printed Application form duly signed by you and your parent / guardian / spouse
- Copy of Class 10th and Class 12th mark sheet
- Copy of mark sheet of every semester / year of undergraduate, postgraduate and, if applicable, first year mark sheet M.Phil. Degree course.
- Provisional degree certificate, or Degree Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from last qualified institution
- Migration certificate if you are from outside Karnataka
- Copy of Work related documents, if available
- Copy of entrance test marks ( NET / SLET ) and JRF certificate statement, if appeared
- Copy of passport and visa page ( if applicable )
- A research proposal of maximum of 1500 words and a minimum of 5 pages in A4 size sheet with Times New Roman 12 size font and 1.5 line spacing format, to be submitted in 3 sets of hard copy and one set of soft copy.
Completed applications, in all respects, along with the necessary enclosures must be submitted to the following address :
- If depositing in person :
Office of Admissions, Central Block,
Christ University Main Campus,
- If sending by post :
Office of Admissions,
Christ University Main Campus,
Hosur Road, Bengaluru- 560029
Christ University PhD Selection Procedure 2019
Candidates will be selected for admission based on merit prepared on the basis of their performance in Written Test followed by a Personal Interview, conducted by an expert panel of the university department.
Written Test : It will be for 2 hours and divided into 2 sections : Section A with 50 multiple choice questions based on research methodology and Section B with 50 questions which will be Subject specific. Each question carries one mark.
Interview : It will be conducted by a panel of experts ( Ph.D. Admission Committee ). Every member will independently assess your Research Proposal on a joint sitting based on the following criteria: clarity of thought, research aptitude, analytical and interpretational skills, and the general subject knowledge.
Christ University PhD Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Availability of Application Forms||7th August, 2019 - 8th Nov , 2019|
Hosur Main Road, Bhavani Nagar, Suddagunte Palya,
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029, India.,
Telephone No : 080 4012 9600,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.christuniversity.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.