Christian Medical College – CMC MDS Entrance ExamExams Date »
CMC Ludhiana MDS Entrance Exam 2018
Christian Medical College, Ludhiana invites application from eligible candidates for admission to MDS Programs through Entrance Test, for the new academic year 2018.
CMC Ludhiana MDS 2018 Eligibility
All admissions shall be based on the eligibility as per the national eligibility cum entrance test ( NEET – MDS – 2018 ).
- The primary aim of the Christian Dental College, Ludhiana is to make a significant contribution to the health standards of all communities of our nation with a special emphasis on health care in the rural underserved and unreached areas / communities in India. This mandate is fulfilled by graduates who fulfill their sponsorship obligation by serving in such areas, understanding the needs of the society. A sponsored applicant, who has completed service agreement with regard to his / her BDS sponsorship obligation, should submit a certificate to this effect from the sponsoring body/church or the authority concerned. Certificate should state the period and place ( s ) of service. Applicant should have completed service obligation by 31st March, 2018. Non fulfillment of service obligation violates the spirit of sponsorship.
- Candidates who have not completed their service obligation for any reason will not be eligible to apply for post graduation in CDC Ludhiana.
- Candidates who have not completed satisfactory service obligation, as per rules, by 31st March, 2018 will not be eligible for admission.
Category A: Open General category
All such candidates are to apply to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot and submit a copy of the application to CMC Ludhiana.
Category B: Christian Minority Category
All such candidates are to apply to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot and send a copy of the application to CMC Ludhiana. In addition, they are required to apply to CMC Ludhiana as per details given below. This category is for the Christian Minority. Candidates, in this category, are required to submit photocopies of church membership certificate,baptism certificate, confirmation certificate ( if applicable ) along with the printed application form to be considered in this category, by the due date 15th March, 2018.
Category C: NRI Category ( Non – Resident Indian )
An Indian Citizen who stays abroad for employment / carrying on business, to pursue a vocation outside India or under circumstances indicating an intention for an uncertain duration of stay abroad is a non-resident. ( Persons posted in U.N. organizations and officials deputed abroad by Central / State Governments and Public Sector undertakings on temporary assignments are also treated as non-residents ). Non-resident foreign citizens of Indian Origin are treated on par with nonresident Indian citizens ( NRIs ) for the purpose of certain facilities.
Person Of Indian origin ( PIO )
For the purposes of availing of the facilities of opening and maintenance of bank accounts and investments in shares/securities in India, Person of Indian Origin means a citizen of any country other than Pakistan or Bangladesh if,
- At any time, held an Indian passport
- Either parent or any of the grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the Constitution of India or Citizenship Act, 1955 ( 57 of 1995 )
- The person is a spouse of an Indian citizen
- For investments in immovable properties, Person of Indian Origin means an individual ( not being a citizen of Pakistan or Bangladesh or Afghanistan or Bhutan or Sri Lanka or Nepal or China or Iran )
- Who at any time, held an Indian passport
- Who or either of whose father or whose grandfather was a citizen of India by
- Virtue of the Constitution of India or the Citizenship Act, 1955 ( 57 of 1955 )
Proof of NRI ( as given below and as may be applicable ) must be submitted
- Passport with appropriate Visa
- PIO card
- Certificate from Employer proving NRI status of Parent
- Certificate attesting the NRI status from Indian Embassy / Consulate
- Citizenship of another country with proof of origin in India for parents
All such candidates are to apply to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot and send a copy of the application to CMC Ludhiana.
Distribution of seats
|Speciality||Open category - all India ( a )||Minority category - all India ( b )||NRI category - all India ( c )
|Pedodontia & Preventive dentistry||1||2||0|
|Oral & Maxillofacial surgery||1||1||1|
|Prosthodontics and crown & Bridge||2||1||0|
CMC Ludhiana MDS 2018 Application form
Applicants are advised to read this information bulletin in its entirety, and understand all the requirements while filling the application form. any deficiency in filling the application form and incomplete supporting documents will result in cancellation of candidature.
All NEET qualified candidates applying in any category are required to apply to Baba Farid university of Health Sciences ( State Counselling Authority ), as per the details given on their website, by the due date.
In addition, candidates applying in the Christian Minority Category are further advised to also apply to CMC Ludhiana and submit a copy of their submitted application of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, to the Registrar, CMC Ludhiana along with their Church Membership Certificate, Baptism Certificate and Service Obligation completion certificate / Proof of completion of 2 years Service Commitment – if applicable. NRI candidates are advised to submit to CMC Ludhiana a copy of their application to BFUHS along with proof of NRI and eligibility certificate.
How to apply
- Application form will be available at the university official website www.cmcludhiana.in.
- Log on to the website and navigate to ‘Admissions‟ – ‘Admissions 2018‟ – and click on the link “MDS 2018” and follow the instructions given.
- Take a print out of the application form, fill and send the same along with relevant enclosures to the office of the Registrar, Christian Medical College Ludhiana by 15th March, 2018.
- Send the following documents along with printed application form
- Completed Application form.
- Two passport size photographs stapled to application form with name written on the back of the Photograph. The photographs should not be trimmed or cut down from a larger photo to the size of a standard passport photo.
- Copies of the following
- High School / Higher Secondary certificate as proof of date of birth
- All BDS University Professional examination marks certificates
- BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Registration Certificate with State Dental Council / Dental Council of India
- Conduct certificate from the Principal of Dental College last attended
- No objection certificate from the appointing authority where presently working ( if applicable )
- Church membership certificate, Baptism certificate
- Service Obligation completion certificate / No Objection Certificate from the relevant authority, as applicable.
- For NRI applicants only – Proof of NRI and Eligibility Certificate from Baba Farid University of Health Sciences ( if this has been obtained before application; has to be submitted before the Online Admission Test ).
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of [rupee]2000.
- Application fee can be paid through Demand Draft.
- Application fee will not be refundable.
CMC Ludhiana MDS 2018 Selection process
- Changes to the application form once submitted will not be entertained. Only photocopies are to be sent with application forms. all necessary documents, in original, are needed at the time of counselling.
- All admissions shall be based on the merit of the national eligibility cum entrance test ( NEET – MDS – 2018 ). appearance in NEET – MDS – 2018 alone does not confer any automatic right to secure admission.
- Only candidates who have qualified in the NEET – MDS – 2018 and fulfill the admission and eligibility criteria of Baba farid university of health sciences & CMC Ludhiana will be eligible for admission.
- A candidate will be required to qualify in NEET – MDS – 2018 and should have applied, and submitted NEET Scores, to BFUHS, Faridkot ( For all categories ) by the last date.
The merit list will be displayed on the website of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences. www.bfuhs.ac.in. No separate information regarding the result will be sent to the candidates.
CMC Ludhiana MDS 2018 Important Dates
|1||Application starts from||1st March, 2018|
|2||Application closes on||15th March, 2018|
Christian Medical College,
Ludhiana – 141 008,
Punjab ( India ).
Tele Phone : +91 – 161 – 5010809,
Fax : +91 – 161 – 2610708,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.cmcludhiana.org.