Competence in Software Technology Examination (CST)Exams Date »
Competence in Software Technology Examination (CST) 2008
CST is a nation-wide examination conducted annually for graduates in any field by C-DAC, Mumbai [formerly National Centre for Software Technology (NCST)], a scientific R&D Institution of Govt. of India, Dept. of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
C-DAC, Mumbai and Electronics City, Bangalore, formerly known as National Centre for Software Technology (NCST), operate from Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Bangalore.
The Competence in Software Technology (CST) examination was launched by the erstwhile National Centre for Software Technology, now C-DAC, in September 1994. It is conducted every year since then.
CST 2008 like all the earlier conducted CST examinations is a multipurpose examination that offers several options to those who take it. These are described below.
1. Admission to FPGDST 2008 if you have taken CST 2007 or are taking CST 2008- (use Form A1 -CST 2008 and Form A2 – CST 2007 to apply)
2. Admission to PGDST 2008 course to be run by Educational affiliates of CDAC -(use Form A1 -CST 2008 and Form A2- CST 2007 to apply)
3. Admission in reputed institutions/university courses ( list given below) – (Use Form A1 to apply)
4. Job opportunities at CDAC centres – (Use Form A1 to apply)
5. Admission to (FPGDST) for those who had taken the CST 2007 test based on their CST2007 scores– Use Form A2 to apply.
6. Opportunity to improve the scores for those who have taken CST 2007 – (Use Form A1 to apply). The candidate has to take the entire CST 2008 examination and the best score in individual papers will be taken while providing score reports.
7. Dissertation Project fellowships at CDAC
Taking CST examination also enables one to:-
8. To obtain standardised scores which they can use while applying for employment in the IT industry.
9. To obtain standardised scores which can be used in seeking admission to post-graduate courses of other educational institutions
A. Medical Specialties Group
Name of Course Eligible Qualification
DNB Cardiology DNB/MD - Medicine or Peadiatrics
DNB Gastroenterology DNB/MD - Medicine or Peadiatrics
DNB Nephrology DNB/MD - Medicine or Peadiatrics
DNB Endocrinology DNB/MD - Medicine or Peadiatrics
DNB Neurology DNB/MD - Medicine or Peadiatrics
DNB Medical Oncology DNB/MD - Medicine or Peadiatrics
DNB Neonatology DNB/MD - Peadiatrics
B. Surgical Specialties Group
DNB Surgical Gastroenterology DNB/MS - General Surgery
DNB Pediatric Surgery DNB/MS - General Surgery
DNB Surgical Oncology DNB/MS - General Surgery
DNB Plastic Surgery DNB/MS - General Surgery
DNB Neuro Surgery DNB/MS - General Surgery
DNB Cardio Thoracic Surgery DNB/MS - General Surgery
DNB Genito Urinary Surgery DNB/MS - General Surgery
Date & Time of CST 2008
CST 2008 Examination Date: Sunday, January 27, 2008
Name of the Course Eligible Qualification
Critical Care Medicine DNB-MD (Medicine, Anaesthesia)
Cardiac Anaesthesia DNB-MD (Anaesthesia)
Peadiatric Haemato Oncology DNB-MD (Peadiatrics)
Peadiatric Intensive Care DNB-MD (Peadiatrics)
Peadiatric Cardiology DNB-MD (Peadiatrics)/DM (Cardiology)
Interventional Cardiology DNB- Cardiology, DM - Cardiology
Spine Surgery DNB-MS (Ortho)
Hand & Micro Surgery DNB-MS (General Surgery), M.Ch (Plastic Surgery)
Minimal Access Surgery DNB-MS (General Surgery)
Accident & Trauma Care DNB-MS (General Surgery) MS (Ortho)
Laboratory Medicine DNB-MD (Medicine / Pathology / MicroBiology / Biochemistry)
Infectious Diseases DNB-MD (Medicine/Peadiatrics/ Microbiology)
High Risk Pregnancy & Perinatology DNB-MD (OBGYN)
Reproductive Medicine DNB-MD (OBGYN)
Vitreo- retinal Surgery DNB-MS (Opthalmology)
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.