CSIR CASE Syllabus 2013
CSIR CASE 2013 Syllabus
1. Part – A ( General Intelligence, General Awareness etc. )
- General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- Quantitative ability ( Arithmetic ).
- Constitution of India.
- General Awareness ( General Science, Scientific Research, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Current Events etc. )
2. Part – B ( Language & Comprehension )
- Comprehension ( 1 passage each of Hindi and English of 10 marks each ).
- Do as directed ( Active – Passive; Direct – Indirect etc.)
- Prepositions, fill in the blanks.
- Synonyms / Antonyms.
- Sentence Correction; common errors.
- Punctuation, Idioms & phrases etc.
1. Fundamental Rules ( FRs ) and Supplementary Rules ( SRs )
- Definitions; General conditions of service.
- Pay and addition to pay; Confirmation of appointment.
- Dismissal, removal and suspension; Retirement.
- Foreign Service; TA Rules; LTC Rules; Leave Rules.
2. CCS ( Conduct ) Rules, 1964.
3. General Financial Rules ( GFRs ) – 2005
- General System of Financial Management
- Budget formulation
- Control of Expenditure against Budgetary allocation
- Works; Procurement of Goods & Services
- Contract Management
4. Manual of Office Procedure
5. Management Principles & Practices
Principles of management (Planning, Organizing, Directing & Control etc.)- – Job analysis, Job description, Job specification, Job design, Job change; Recruitment; Communication; Leadership; Motivation; Negotiations; Financial Management; Delegation,
Accountability; Performance Management; Collaboration, Team Working & Networking; Project Appraisal; Career Advancement; Procurement, Stores, Inventory Management; Facilities & Infrastructure Management.
6. ERP Application & Operations Management
Business Process Reengineering, Functional architecture of ERP, What are the ERP packages being used now, Compiling functional requirements, UML Diagrams, ERP Solution architecture, Enterprise application implementation projects : Rationale for ERP, Process Flow Diagrams, Decision making, Analytics, Record keeping, Integrating Business Rules, Electronic Workflows, Management reporting, Business intelligence, Performance Metrics, GUI, Web services, Collaboration & networking.
Integration interoperability configuration management, Cloud Computing, Software Reuse, management of risks, software Security, Recovery and failsafe management, Knowledge management, User Engagement, Change Management, Life cycle approaches, Software Audit, Reliability, manageability, availability, TQM, Business application areas of an organization including accounting and finance, HR, logistics & supply chain, client & stakeholder relationship management.
7. Public Administration ( including RTI Act )
Executive, Parliament, Judiciary – structure, functions, work processes, Cabinet Secretariat, Prime Minister’s Office, Central Secretariat, Ministries and Departments, Machinery of Planning : Role, composition and functions of the Planning Commission and the National Development Council, Union – State Administrative, legislative and financial relations.
Role of the Finance Commission, Governor, Chief Minister, Council of Ministers, Chief Secretary, State Secretariat, Directorates, Parliament control of public expenditure, Role of Finance Ministry in monetary and fiscal area, Panchayati Raj, Urban Local Government, Values in Public Service, Ministries and Departments, Corporations, Companies, Boards, Legislative, Executive and Judicial control over administration, citizen’s Charters, Right to Information, Social Audit, Delegated legislation, Administrative Tribunals.