University of Delhi MPhil Entrance ExamExams Date »
Delhi University M.Phil Entrance Exam 2019
Department of Education, University of Delhi Master of Philosophy ( M.Phil ) Programme invites applications for admission to MPhil program for the academic year 2019.
Delhi University M.Phil Course Specializtions 2019
|Name of the Faculty / Centre||Department||M.Phil.|
|Music & Fine Arts||Music||M.Phil.: Music|
|Mathematical Sciences||Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research||M.Phil.: Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research|
|Commerce & Business Studies||Commerce||M.Phil.: Commerce|
|Interdisciplinary & Applied Sciences||Biophysics||M.Phil. : Biophysics, Genetics|
|Arts||Arabic, Buddhist Studies, English, Germanic & Romance Studies, Hindi, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Modern Indian Languages and Literary Studies, Persian, Philosophy, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Slavonic & Finno Ugrian Studies||M.Phil.: Arabic, Buddhist Studies,English, French Studies, German Studies, Hispanic Studies, Italian Studies, Hindi, Library & Information Science, Linguistics, Comparative Indian Literature, Persian, Philosophy, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Russian Studies|
|Science||Anthropology, Botany, Geology, Zoology||M.Phil.: Anthropology, Botany, Geology, Zoology|
|Social Sciences||Adult Continues Education and Extension, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Social Work, African Studies.||M.Phil.: Adult Continues Education and Extension, Political Science, History, Economics, Sociology, Geography, Social Work, African Studies.|
Delhi University MPhil Eligibility Criteria 2019
|Faculty of Arts|
|1.||Arabic||A Candidate for admission to M.Phil. Arabic should have obtained at least 55% marks in M.A. Arabic from a recognized University.|
|2.||Buddhist Studies||M.A with 55% marks in Buddhist Studies, Pali, Sanskrit, Ancient Indian History and Culture and Archaeology, Chinese and Tibetan or at 60% marks in any other relevant subjects shall be eligible to apply for the Entrance Test.
Buddhist Studies, Philosophy, Sanskrit, History, Ancient History, Archaeology, Ancient History & Archaeology Political Science, Pali, Tibetan, Chinese, Sociology, Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies, Sanskrit Philosophy, Prakrit, Ancient History & Culture, Linguistics Buddhism, Baudh Darshan, Ancient History, Buddhist Philosophy, Pali & Buddhism, Comparative Study of Religions
|3.||English||55% marks in MA English.|
|4.||German and Romance Studies||M.A in the language or literature with at least 55% marks or ( equivalent grade ) or an equivalent Degree of a University.
M.A with at least 55% marks or ( equivalent grade ) in Linguistics, all languages, all literatures of Social Sciences with reference to Area Studies and an Advanced Diploma in the language concerned from University of Delhi or an institution recognized thereto.
|5.||Library & Information Science||Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences with a minimum of 55% marks from the University of Delhi or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto.|
|6.||Linguistics||Good academic record with at least 55% marks in master’s Degree in Linguistics of the University of Delhi or an examination recognized as equivalent. Admission to M.Phil., would be on the basis of a merit comprising an Entrance Test, Interview and percentage in the last qualification examination considered for eligibility in the rationale of 30% weightage for the eligible qualification, 15% for interview and 55% for written test. Only those students who score 25 out of 55 marks or 45% marks in M.Phil. Entrance Examination will be called for interview|
|7.||Modern Indian Languages & Literary Studies||Minimum of 55% in M.A. in Comparative Indian Literature / Comparative Literature / English / any Indian Language.
Allied Subjects: Cultural Studies, Folklore, Tribal Lore, Film Studies, Performance Studies, Media and Mass Communication.
|8.||Hindi||Candidate should have the adaquate qualifications|
|9.||Persian||A candidate having at least 55% marks in M.A. in Persian or an equivalent qualification with same percentage from a recognized University may apply / register for the M.Phil.Course.|
|10.||Philosophy||55% marks in M.A. Philosophy.
Allied Subjects: Sanskrit, Buddhist Studies, Sociology, Political Science, Physics, Law, Linguistics, Psychology, and English.
|11.||Punjabi||M.A. in Punjabi with 55% marks from a recognized University.|
|12.||Sanskrit||A candidate must have obtained a Master’s Degree ( M.A in Sanskrit ) of the University of Delhi or any other recognized University as approved by the University of Delhi. She / he must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grading in the Master’s Degree.|
|13.||Urdu||A candidate must have obtained a Master’s Degree ( M.A in Urdu ) of the University of Delhi or any other recognized University as approved by the University of Delhi. She / he must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grading in the Master’s Degree.|
|14.||Slavonic and Finno-Ugrian Studies||Good academic record with a first or high second class ( equivalent grade ) Master’s degree or an equivalent degree of foreign university in Russian.|
|Faculty of Commerce & Business studies|
|15.||Commerce||The candidate seeking admission M.Phil. Programme must have a minimum 55% of marks in aggregate in M.Com. / MIB / MHROD / MFC / MBA examination.|
|Faculty of education|
|16.||Education||Master’s Degree of an Indian University or an equivalent degree of a Foreign University, in Education, or an Allied Subject* with a Second Class i.e., minimum of 55% marks in the aggregate or an equivalent grade.
*Allied Subjects: Psychology, Child Development, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Work, Linguistics, Philosophy, Physical Education/Health Education.
Note: Rounding off of fractions is not allowed while computing the percentage of marks of eligibility.
|Faculty of Music & Fine Arts|
|17.||Music||The candidate should have good academic record with at least 55% marks in Master’s degree or an equivalent degree of a foreign university in the subject concerned|
|Faculty of Mathematical Sciences|
|18.||Mathematical Science||Good academic record with first or high second class Master’s Degree or an equivalent degree of a foreign University in the subject concerned or an allied subject to be approved by the Vice- Chancellor on the recommendation of the Head of the Department and the Dean of the Faculty concerned.|
|19.||Operational Research||M.Sc. in Operational Research or M.A. / M.Sc. in Applied Operational Research from University of Delhi with 60% or above marks.
M.A. / M.Sc. in Operational Research with an allied subject with 65% or above marks in aggregate and 65% or above in O.R. papers.
M.A. / M.Sc. in Mathematics, Statistics, M.C.A., M.Sc. in Computer Science, M.B.A., M.Tech. or M.E. with 65% or above in aggregate and 65% or above marks in O.R. papers.
M.Sc. in Operational Research or M.A./M.Sc. in Applied Operational Research from University of Delhi with 55% or above marks.
M.A. / M.Sc. in Operational Research with an allied subject with 60% or above marks in aggregate and 60% or above in O.R. papers.
M.A. / M.Sc. in Mathematics, Statistics, M.C.A., M.Sc. in Computer Science, M.B.A., M.Tech. or M.E. with 60% or above in aggregate and 60% or above marks in O.R. papers.
|20.||Statistics||Good academic record with at least 55% marks in Master Degree in Statistics of the University of Delhi or in Examinations recognized as equivalence thereto.|
|Faculty of Social Sciences|
|21.||Adult Education||Admission is open to those who have obtained a Master’s degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian University, and have a good academic record with at least 55% marks in Master’s degree, or have an equivalent degree of a Foreign University in the subject concerned.|
|22.||Political Science||The candidate should have good academic record with at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree or an equivalent Degree of a foreign University in subject concerned, or an allied subject approved by the Vice-Chancellor on the recommendation of the Head of the Department. Provisional admission to the examination will be provided to students whose M.A. final results have not been declared. This admission will be finalized only after they have shown original mark sheets confirming their eligibility.|
|23.||History||Good academic record with at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree or an equivalent Degree of a foreign University in subject concerned, or an allied subject approved by the Vice-Chancellor on the recommendation of the Head of the Department.|
|24.||Economics||A Master’s degree in Economics, or in any of the following allied subjects: Business Economics, Business Administration, Commerce, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, History and Engineering. Applicants must have at least 55% marks in the aggregate, or an equivalent qualification recognized by the University of Delhi|
|25.||Sociology||Master’s Degree in Sociology or an allied subject from a recognised Indian University, and have a good academic record with at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree, or have an equivalent degree of a Foreign University in the subject concerned.|
|26.||Geography||Every candidate seeking admission to M.Phil. course in Geography should have passed at least any one of the following examinations:
MA / M.SC in Geography, Economics, Sociology, Social Work, History, Political Science, Geology, Anthropology, Urban & Regional Planning and Environmental Studies of the University of Delhi or any other recognized Indian University. Candidate should have obtained at least 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the above examination
|27.||Social Work||Any person who has obtained M.A. (Social Work) degree from any recognized university of Indian or abroad with 55% or more marks.|
|28.||African Studies||M.A. in Social Sciences and commerce with 55% marks.Allied Subject: M.A. ( History ), Political Science / Economic / Sociology / Geography / Commerce|
|Faculty of Science|
|29.||Anthropology||M.A. / M.Sc. in Anthropology with 55% marks in the aggregate of an equivalence grading with 10+2+3+2 year scheme.|
|30.||Botany||As per Ordinance VI
M.Sc. Botany OR M.Sc. in any Allied Subject with 55% marks.
For further details refer to Ordinance VI
M.Phil. in the following specialization areas
|31.||Zoology||M.Sc. Zoology / allied subject with minimum 55% marks from recognised university. The Allied subject - any discipline of Science.
Offered M.Phil. Course:
|32.||Geology||M.Sc. ( 55% marks ) in relevant subject, good academic record.
Allied Subject: Geophysics
In the following areas of specialization:
|Faculty of Inter Disciplinary & Applied Sciences|
|33.||Genetics||The candidate should have a minimum of 55% marks ( or equivalent CGPA score ) in Master’s Degree: Life or Biological Sciences ( exemplified by but not restricted to Genetics, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Biomedical Research, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Computational Biology etc., ) / Physical / Chemical / Mathematical / Computational from a recognized University / Institute.|
|34.||Biophysics||The candidate should have a minimum of 55% marks ( or equivalent CGPA score ) in Master’s Degree in any area of Sciences: Life or Biological Sciences / Physical / Chemical / Mathematical / Computational from a UGC recognized University / Institute|
Delhi University M.Phil Application Form 2019
How to apply
- Delhi University admission application form will be available at website www.du.ac.in.
- All the candidates seeking admission to the MPhil Programme is required to register online.
- As a first time user, candidate shall create the login details by clicking on the “Register Here” under the “New User?” option on this webpage.
- In the “Login details”, candidate shall provide the email-id, which would be used for any future communication with the University for admission purpose.
- Candidate shall then create a password ( of maximum six characters ) for online registration purpose. This password does not need to be same as candidate’s email account password, which is used to access one’s email account.
- Candidate shall also provide a valid mobile phone number ( 10 digit number without any prefix ).
- Applicant’s details ( as given in candidate’s certificates ) should also be furnished.
- On completion of this process a verification email will be sent on candidate’s email account with a confirmation link, which a candidate shall have to click to confirm the registration. Candidates are requested to note that this email account is same as the one provided by the Candidate earlier.
- Applicant shall now log on to the MPhil admission portal using “registered email-id” and created “password” to fill the online registration form. The same login information is used every time to login to the applicant’s account.
- Applicant shall be asked to upload the following items
- Passport size photograph of the applicant ( maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG / JPEG / PNG )
- Scanned signature of the applicant ( maximum size: 50kb; Formats: JPG / JPEG / PNG )
- Self attested copy of Identity Proof of the applicant ( maximum size: 50kb, Formats: JPG / JPEG / PNG ).
- Identity proof can be any one of the following documents: Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or College identity card.
- Self attested copy of Class 10th Certificate ( maximum size: 100kb, Formats: JPG / JPEG / PNG / PDF ).
- Self attested copy of Caste Certificate, if applicable ( maximum size: 100kb, Formats: JPG / JPEG / PNG / PDF ).
- Applicant shall be asked to provide the Identity proof with an Identity Proof number. Identity proof can be any one of the following documents: Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or College identity card.
- Applicant shall also fill the postal address details
- Once all the above-mentioned files are uploaded, applicant can proceed with “Submit My Profile”. Applicant can also update the uploaded files.
- Applicant shall now choose the MPhil Programme for which the applicant seeks to apply.
- Once the option of MPhil is filled, the applicant can proceed with the online registration by clicking “Apply”. Applicant shall provide educational details.
- Applicant seeking admission to MPhil courses with approved scholarship / fellowship, shall provide the details of the financial support to pursue the course.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of ₹ 500/-.
- SC / ST and Persons with Disabilities ( PwD ) Candidates have to pay ₹ 250/-.
- Registration fee has to be paid during online registration process through one of the available online payment options.
- Candidate shall be required to pay separate registration fee for each Programme, for which the candidate is applying
- Candidates are requested to note that the online registration process shall only be completed only after realization of the online registration fee.
- Registration fee will not be refunded / adjusted / charged back in any circumstances.
Delhi University M.Phil Admit Card 2019
- The Admit Card for the written examination shall be available in Candidate’s online registration account.
- Admit Card’s download link shall be available from June, 2019 onwards.
- Candidates are requested to visit the MPhil admission portal for news and updates related with the Admit Card and on the admission procedures.
- Candidate shall take the print-out of the Admit Card.
- The print quality of the Admit Card should be good enough for verification.
- Admit Card shall carry the information related with Centre, Reporting time etc.
Delhi University M.Phil Selection Process 2019
- Admission will be based on the performance of entrance examination. Selection from shortlisted candidates will be on the basis of group discussion and interview to be conducted by the Delhi University.
Delhi University M.Phil Exam Centres 2019
Written examination shall be conducted at the Centres located in the following cities
- Delhi ( NCR )
Candidate shall choose any one of these cities for appearing in the written examination through the online registration. It may be noted that after completion of the online registration, the chosen city will not be changed.
The University reserves the right to change / cancel any Centre of examination without assigning any reason.
Delhi University M.Phil Important Dates 2019
|1||Start Date for Online Registration||May, 2019|
|2||Closing date for online Registration||May / June, 2019|
|3||Date for Delhi University M.Phil Entrance Exam||June, 2019|
|4||Display of List of Candidates called for Interview||June / July, 2019|
|5||Display of List of Candidates recommended for admission||June / July, 2019|
University of Delhi,
33, Chhatra Marg,
Website : www.du.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.