Department of Atomic Energy – DAE OCES DGFS Exam DateExams Date »
|Eligibility||Selection Procedure||Application Form|
Department of Atomic Energy Entrance Exam 2018
Department of Atomic Energy invites applications for admission to Engineering Graduates and Science Post Graduates.
DAE OCES DGFS 2018
BARC Training Schools provide two Training Schemes to deserving candidates ambitious of pursuing a rewarding career in Nuclear Science, Engineering and Technology and who would relish challenges in frontier areas of Science & Technology, who would like to be part of an expanding program of nuclear power / research Reactors, Accelerators and Nuclear Fuel Cycle Technologies, and who would enjoy pursuing innovative research in frontier areas of Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Bioscience, Geology and Geophysics.
1. One year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the academic year 2018 – 2019 ( OCES 2018 ) will be conducted at the five BARC Training Schools situated at Mumbai, Kalpakkam, Indore and Hyderabad. Table – 1 lists Eligible Disciplines for the OCES program.Table-2 lists the Eligible Disciplines and orientation of the Training Program at each of the Training Schools. A Trainee Scientific Officer ( TSO ) who scores a minimum of 50% aggregate marks on completion of the Training Program is declared to have passed the course successfully.
Successful TSOs will be posted as Scientific Officers in one of the following DAE units
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre ( BARC ), Mumbai*
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research ( IGCAR ), Kalpakkam
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology ( RRCAT ), Indore
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre ( VECC ), Kolkata
- Heavy Water Board ( HWB ), Mumbai*
- Nuclear Fuel Complex ( NFC ), Hyderabad*
- Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology ( BRIT ), Mumbai*
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd ( NPCIL ), Mumbai*
- Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd ( BHAVINI ), Kalpakkam*
- Uranium Corporation of India Ltd ( UCIL ), Jaduguda*
- Atomic Minerals Directorate of Exploration & Research ( AMD ), Hyderabad*
- Directorate of Construction, Services & Estate Management ( DCSEM ), Mumbai*.
*These units have their Head Office at the indicated locations. Placement can be at the Head Office or at other facilities of these units located in different parts of India.
Allocation of a successful OCES TSO to a DAE unit is carried out based on performance in the OCES program. DAE reserves the right to place TSOs in any of its other units and the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board ( AERB ) also.
Appointment in DAE units shall be as a ‘Group A’ Gazetted Officer of the Government of India except in BHAVINI, NPCIL and UCIL which are governed by the service rules of Corporations.
Performance above a specified threshold during the course work at the Training School will entitle TSOs to a Post – Graduate Diploma or could earn them credits towards M.Tech. / M.Phil. / Ph.D. programs of Homi Bhabha National Institute ( HBNI ), a Deemed to be University.
2. Two year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates for the session beginning in July / August, 2018 ( DGFS 2018 ). Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates who are selected for the OCES program of the BARC Training Schools and who also have secured admission for M. Tech./ M. Chem. Engineering in select Institutes and specializations as listed in Table-3, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue a M.Tech. / M.Chem. Engineering degree while retaining their employment in DAE.
After successful completion of one year course work at the Institute, Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an Institute guide.
On successful completion of M.Tech. / M.Chem. Engineering they are posted as Scientific Officers in DAE. Appointment in DAE units shall be as a ‘Group A’ Gazetted Officer of the Government of India.
On joining, they are required to first undertake a four-month Orientation Course ( OCDF ) at the BARC Training School, Mumbai.
The DGFS fellows are enrolled and posted in one of the following units of DAE
- BARC, Mumbai
- IGCAR, Kalpakkam
- RRCAT, Indore.
Allocation of a DGFS Fellows to a DAE unit is done at the beginning of the M.Tech. / M.Chem. Engineering program based on the needs of DAE’s programs and their Selection Interview merit.
Stipend and Allowances during Training : OCES TSOs as well as DGFS Fellows are paid a stipend of ₹ 20,000 per month during the period of their Training and a one time book allowance of ₹ 10,000.
Boarding and Lodging in DAE Hostel is mandatory for OCES TSOs during the Training period. Boarding and lodging in DGFS Institute hostel is mandatory for DGFS Fellows during M.Tech. / M.Chem. Engineering program.
Selected candidates are required to execute an agreement and a Personal Indemnity Bond to serve DAE for at least three years after completion of Training. Indemnity Bond is for ₹ 4,30,000 for OCES TSOs and ₹ 8,70,000 for DGFS fellows*. No third party surety is required.
* The Bond amount for DGFS Fellows pursuing M.Tech. / M.Chem. Engineering at certain DGFS Institutes may be marginally different, depending on the tuition fee at the concerned Institute.
DAE OCES DGFS Grade and Pay Scale
Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer ‘C’ ( SO/C ) in the Level 10 – ₹ 56,100 of the 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix
Appointment will be at the beginning of the pay scale with OCES TSOs getting two or three increments depending on their performance during the OCES program and the DGFS Fellows# getting three or four increments depending on their performance in M.Tech. / M.Chem. Engineering and four – month Orientation Course for DGFS Fellows ( OCDF ).
#DGFS Fellows whose performance in the M.Tech. / M.Chem. Engineering and OCDF programs is below a specified threshold will get zero increments.
Monthly emoluments ( with three increments ) at the time of joining including Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance, ( the latter two calculated at present Mumbai rates ), will be approximately ₹63,000 ( upward pay revision is under consideration of the 7th Central Pay Commision ).
In addition, other Allowances such as Leave Travel Concession by air, every year up to first eight years ( subject to conditions ) and once in two years thereafter, Children’s Education Allowance and Professional Update Allowance are also payable.
A comprehensive Contributory Health Service Scheme or equivalent for employees and their dependent family members is also available at all DAE Units.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.