Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University – RMLNLU PhD Entrance ExamExams Date »
RMLNLU PhD Entrance Exam 2019
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University invites application for admission to PhD program for the academic year of 2019 – 2020.
RMLNLU PhD Eligibility 2019
RMLNLU Registration to Ph.D. Degree shall be open to the following candidates :
Eligibility for admission to Ph.D. Degree in Law
- He / She has obtained the LL.M. Degree of Dr. R.M.L. National Law University, Lucknow or its equivalent Degree of any other university recognized by the UGC with at least 55% marks in the aggregate or an equivalent grade.
- However, there shall be a relaxation of 5% in the aforesaid minimum 55% marks for the candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( Non-creamy layer ) of U.P. / differently-able categories.
Eligibility requirement for admission to Ph.D. Degree in Allied Subjects
- A Master’s Degree of any university recognized by UGC having at least 55% marks in the aggregate or an equivalent grade in any subject relevant to the proposed research work with a Bachelor’s Degree in Law; or
- A Master’s Degree of any university recognized by UGC having at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade, in any subject relevant to the proposed research work with established research credentials by way of publications; or
- A Master’s Degree of any University recognized by UGC having at least 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade in any subject relevant to the proposed research work with a long term in-depth practical experience in the area to be researched.
- However, there shall be a relaxation of 5% in the aforesaid minimum 55% marks for the candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( Non – creamy layer ) of U.P. / differently – able categories.
- Provided that a candidate with the aforesaid qualifications in Social Sciences or Humanities shall be admitted to the Programme, if the research he / she intends to pursue, interfaces with the discipline of law.
- A candidate whose result is awaited may also apply, however he / she must possess the requisite eligibility requirement on the date of Interview.
- The aforesaid candidates have qualified in the Written Examination and Interview.
RMLNLU PhD Duration of the Program 2019
- The minimum duration shall be three years including course work and a maximum of six years from the date of Admission.
- The woman or person with disability ( more than 40% disability ) research scholar may be further allowed two years in the aforesaid maximum duration. In addition, the woman research scholar may be provided with maternity leave / child care leave once in the entire duration of her Ph.D. Programme for upto 240 days.
- However, the Vice Chancellor, on the recommendation of the Research Degree Committee, may in exceptional individual case make relaxation in the aforesaid prescribed maximum duration.
RMLNLU PhD Exam Pattern 2019
- There shall be 100 objective type questions of total 100 marks for Research Methodology.
- RMLNLU PhD Interview shall carry 100 marks.
- RMLNLU marks in the Written Test of eligible candidates and Interview taken together will be the aggregate marks for Selection.
- RMLNLU Written Test and Interview shall be exclusively in English Language.
- RMLNLU PhD duration of the Written Test will be one and half hours. There will be no negative marking.
- There shall be the following cut – off marks in the Written Test :
- 50% of the total marks – For Unreserved candidates
- 45% of the total marks – For OBC candidates of U.P.
- 40% of the total marks – For SC / ST candidates of U.P.
RMLNLU PhD Reservation of Seats 2019
- There shall be 12 seats for the Law Stream and 12 seats for the Social Science and Humanities
- There shall be reservation for eligible candidates in the aforesaid seats for SC / ST of Uttar Pradesh and OBC of Uttar Pradesh.
- The allocation of seats shall be as follows :
|Allocation of Seats||Law||Social Science and Humanities|
|OBC of UP||3||1||-||1||1||1|
|SC / ST of UP||3||1||1||1||-||-|
RMLNLU PhD Application Form 2019
RMLNLU PhD admission application form is available in the official website www.rmlnlu.ac.in.
- All eligible candidates shall apply in the Prescribed Form within the date prescribed by the University.
- RMLNLU fees ( non – refundable ) for the Application Form shall be ₹ 1000/- ( ₹ 500/- for SC / ST of U.P. candidates ). A Bank Draft of the said amount, drawn in favour of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, payable at Lucknow, shall be attached with the Application Form.
- The candidate shall prepare and submit a detailed scheme of his / her proposed research work along with the Application Form on the following lines :
- Specification of broad field of study
- Importance and rationale of the study
- Available literature
- Method and scope of the study
- Justification of the study and interface with the discipline of Law – in case of candidate
RMLNLU PhD Admit Card 2019
Applicants will be needed to download the admit card from the official website of the exam by furnishing the details like their application number and date of birth. Afterwards, they have to take the copy of admit card for showing at the time of the exam.
Steps to download the Admit Card
- The admit card can only be downloaded from the website
- Enter Application number and Password
- After that download the admit card.
- Make sure to get printouts of the to admit card
- It will be required to show it during counselling and admission process.
RMLNLU PhD Result 2019
After the achievement of the exam, the University prepares to publish the result. The result is provided with the help of online method. Link can be opened to retain the result after release by the university. The candidates who partake in the examination will be required to download the results by typing roll number or name. The University issue results for courses. Applicants need to get the printout of the result for later use.
Steps to download the Result
- Visit the official site of the university.
- Now provide mandatory information for example Application No, Date of Birth or Roll No
- Search for submit button
- The result of a candidate will be existing on the screen
- Candidates need to keep the print of the result for later use.
RMLNLU PhD Important Dates 2019
|1||Exam Notification||December, 2018|
|2||Application form begins||January, 2019|
|3||Application form ends||March, 2019|
|4||The issue of admit card||April, 2019|
|5||CLAT 2019 online exam||May, 2019|
|6||Provisional Answer Key||May, 2019|
|7||Challenge window||May, 2019|
|8||Final Answer Key||May, 2019|
|9||Declaration of result and scorecard||May, 2019|
|10||Counselling and seat allotment||June, 2019 - July, 2019|
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University,
Sec- D1, LDA Colony, Kanpur Road Scheme,
Lucknow – 226012,
Uttar Pradesh, India.,
Telephone No : +91-522-24 25 902, 903,
Fax No : +91-522-24 22 841,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.rmlnlu.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.