Forest Research Institute University Entrance ExamExams Date »
Forest Research Institute University Admission 2018
Forest Research Institute University Admission invites applications form candidates for admission to the following courses for the acadmic session 2018
Forest Research Institute University Admission Courses 2018
- M.Sc Wood Science and Technology
- M.Sc Forestry
- M.Sc Environment Management
- M.Sc Cellulose and Paper Technology
Forest Research Institute University Admission Eligibility 2018
The eligibility requirements and other allied matters relating to admission to the M.Sc. programmes, Post Masters Diploma and Post-graduate Diploma courses shall be decided by the Academic Council from time to time. The qualifications of M.Sc. programmes, Post Masters Diploma and Post-graduate courses fixed by the Academic Council are as follows:-
- M.Sc Wood Science and Technology: Three years bachelor’s degree with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry or B.Sc. degree in Forestry with minimum 50% marks.
- M.Sc Forestry: Three years bachelor’s degree in science with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry with minimum 50% marks.
- M.Sc Environment Management: Three years bachelor’s degree in any branch of Basic or Applied Sciences or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or Agriculture or BE in Environment Science with minimum 50 % marks.
- M.Sc Cellulose and Paper Technology: Graduate degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects. BE / B. Tech. ( Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 50% aggregate ).
Forest Research Institute University Admission Seats 2018
- M.Sc Wood Science and Technology : 38
- M.Sc Forestry : 38
- M.Sc Environment Management : 38
- M.Sc Cellulose and Paper Technology : 20
Forest Research Institute University Admission Application Form 2018
- Application for admission shall be made on the prescribed form obtainable from the Registrar, Forest Research Institute University, Dehra Dun. The application form and the Information Bulletin can be had either in person or by post on payment of ₹ 1200 /- through Bank Draft in favour of Registrar Forest Research Institute University payable at Dehra Dun. The cost of the form mentioned above is subject to review and change from time to time.
- Each application form shall bear a serial number. This number and the course which admission is sought must be quoted in all correspondence regarding admission in the Institute.
- All correspondence for admission should be addressed to the Registrar, Forest Research Institute University, Dehra Dun.
- Forest Research Institute University ( M.Sc Wood Science and Technology ) ( M.Sc Forestry ) ( M.Sc Environment Management ) ( M.Sc Cellulose and Paper Technology ) Application Form Will be available at the website:www.fri.res.in
- Application duly filled in legibly and correctly in applicant’s own handwriting should be sent with accompanying set of document completed in all respect so as to reach the Registrar, Forest Research Institute University P.O I.P.E. Kaulagarh, Dehra Dun on or before the last date. Postal delay will not be accepted as plea to entertain application after the last date.
- Attested copies of the following certificates / documents shall be enclosed along with the admission application form:
- Proof of date of birth
- Matriculation or equivalent certificate & Mark sheet
- Preuniversity examination Certificate, Mark sheet if applicable
- Higher secondary examination Certificate, Marksheet if applicable
- Intermediate Examination Certificate, Mark sheet if applicable
- Bachelor’s degree Certificate and Mark sheet
- Master’s Degree Certificate and Mark sheet ( in case of application for Post-graduate Diploma courses
- The minimum qualifying marks for allowing candidate in appearing in the written test shall be 50 percent in aggregate at B.Sc. level / M.Sc. level prescribed for admission to the different courses in respect of general category candidates and 45 percent aggregate in respect of SC / ST candidate.
- Every application along with a fee of ₹ 200/- for revaluation of each answer book should reach the Registrar through Course Coordinator concerned
- Within ten days from the date of reciept of the application for revaluation two external examiners in subject concerned outside the state other than the one who initially valued it shall be appointed by the Director and the answer-books shall be sent to these examiners with the instruction for returning them after revaluation within fifteen days.
Forest Research Institute University Selection Process 2018
- M.Sc Wood Science and Technology:The Master in Wood Science and Technology programme aims to provide opportunity to the students wishing to pursue professional careers in science and technology of wood as natural resource and to make themselves aware about the problems related to wood as basic material to manufacture various useful products. The structure of the curriculumis designed to synthesize multi-disciplinary knowledge in the biological and physical science of wood and its industrial application. The syllabus comprises of basics of wood anatomy,chemistry, physics, mechanics as well as processing knowledge and techniques to manufacture solid and composite wood products. The programme is designed to improve the qualitative,quantitative and futuristic aspects of students.
- M.Sc Forestry:Master in Forestry programme aims to provide opportunity to the students wishing to pursue professional careers in the management and policy of forest resources and to make them selves aware about the problems related to forest across the span of urban torural environments. The syllabus draws from coursework in the natural and social sciences and focuses on the complex relationships among the science, management and policy of forest resources. The structure of the curriculum is designed to synthesis of knowledge in multiple disciplinary exposures in the biological and social sciences. The goal is to prepare students to manage forest resources for various public and private values within a complex social, political and ecological environment.
- M.Sc Environment Management:The programme aims to provide opportunities to the students to make them selves aware about the problems related to environmental concerns and its management.The programme is designed to provide a holistic and integrated approach of learning
comprising of classroom lectures, assignments, practical sessions, interactive seminars, field visits, industrial visits, term papers, divisional attachments and master’s thesis writing. The course builds and facilitates understanding of the dynamics of environment especially in the context of ecology, forestry, and climate change. Different types of processes,models, plans and techniques related to environmental processes are described and discussed through class room interaction as well as exposures visits to different ecosystems and institutional/industrial arrangements.
- M.Sc Cellulose and Paper Technology:The academic programme emphasizes on skills in multidisciplinary and advance education in cellulose and paper sciences. Programme includes courses in modern areas of applied paper science, industrial processing and paper technology. During the university’s educational programme at Masters level, the students receive adequate exposure of
theoretical and practical aspects of cellulose and paper technology and gain competence in a distinctive set of skills to lead in paper industry. The course is also ideal for engineers and scientists currently working in the industry who wish to retrain and refresh in a new field. The current demand for pulp and paper experts indicates that this programme will be in high demand in the near future
Forest Research Institute University Admission M.Sc Results 2018
- The results should be presented in the most objective and comprehensive manner.Mixing results with subjective interpretation and discussion should be avoided.
- The students are supposed to structure the results in such a way that the research questions are addressed clearly.The findings should be illustrated or supported with tables, figures and photographs Tables and figures must be drawn in such a way that they can be read on their own, independent from the surrounding text.
- Use SI measurement units and explain abbreviations. Colour figures should be avoided. Use grey scales or textures instead. References to tables and figures should be made in the text. Note that table captions are given above the table, whereas figure captions are placed below the figure.
- Programme coordinator will serve as a representative of FRIDU for concerned Master programme. He / she will coordinate with faculty members and guide students through each phase of the programme. Besides, he/she will also provide support for special events, workshops and guest lectures, administrative and University website communication.
- To liaise with faculty as well as with students for smooth conduct of programme
- To maintain all records related to programme requirements including documentationand
- To prepare academic calendar and course plan before the beginnings of each semester ( June / December )
- To review students documents and reports before forwarding
- To get the faculty performance feedback forms
Forest Research Institute,
Deemed to be University,
Kaula garh Road,
PO. I.P.E. 248195
Uttarakhnad – Dehradun,
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.