Gitam University Admission Test (GAT)Exams Date »
Gitam University Admission Test (GAT) 2008
Gandhi Nagar Campus,
Visakhapatnam – 530 045
Phone No: +91-891-2795311, 2840501 / 2840525
Epabx: 2790 101
Admission Test: Gat-2008
A Computer Based Online Test For Admission Into B.Tech., Bca, Bem And Five Year Integrated M.Sc, Programmes 2008-09
GITAM University is established under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and it is an all India Institute for higher education. Admissions to B.Tech., BCA, BEM and five year integrated MSc, Degree programmes of GITAM UNIVERSITY for the academic year 2008-09 will be made on the basis of a computer based online test called ‘GAT-2008’ conducted by GITAM UNIVERSITY, throughout the Country from 15 April to 14 May 2008.
B.Tech. (4 years)
- Civil Engg.
- Computer Science & Engg.
- Electrical & Electronics Engg.
- Electronics & Commn Engg.
- Electronics & Instrumn Engg.
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engg.
- Mechanical Engg. (Manufacturing and Management)
BCA (3 years) (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
BEM (3 years) (Bachelor of Environmental Management) M.SC (5 year Integrated) in the following disciplines:
- Applied Mathematics
For admission into all the above programmes, candidates should have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized Central/ State Board or its equivalent either in 2008 or 2007 (but not before 2007) subject to satisfying the following conditions.
- B.Tech. Programs (other than Biotechnology): A minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- B.Tech. in Biotechnology : A minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Mathematics or Biology Physics and Chemistry
- BCA : A minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry.
- BEM and 5 year integrated M.Sc. Programmes ; A minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Mathematics or Biology Physics and Chemistry.
First Rank Students of all the Central and State Boards in India for the year 2008 will be given direct admission to the programme of their choice.
C) Details of GAT-2008:
The online test will be of two hours duration. It will be based on objective type questions with multiple choice. This test will be conducted at the following Centres:
Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chennai, Delhi, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam & Warangal.
Details and syllabus are available in the website www.gitam.edu
GITAM University Merit Scholarships will be given to top 100 rankers of GAT-2008
D) How to Apply – Candidates can apply choosing one of the following methods :
1) Download the application form online at www.gitam.edu.
The filled-in application form alongwith a DD for Rs.1,000/-(Rs. 600/- for female candidates), drawn in favour of GITAM University and payable at Visakhapatnam from any scheduled Bank, should be sent to
Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda,
2) Applications are also available at selected branches of Union Bank of India throughout India.
3) Obtain the application by post from Director-Admissions by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address and accompanied by a DD for Rs.1,100/- (Rs.700/- for female candidates) drawn in favour of GITAM University and payable at Visakhapatnam.
Requests by post will be accepted only till 5th March 2008.
- A top-class Institution on par with the best in the country.
- A wide choice of courses and options.
- A great ambience to work hard and develop all-round personality traits.
- A degree that will grant you pride and respect all over the world.
- 100% placement in reputed organizations.
- Excellent hostel and sports facilities for Boys & Girls.
- Issue / Downloading of Applications from: 15-01-2008
- Last Date of receipt of Applications: 15-03-2008
- Issue / downloading of Hall Tickets / Admit cards from: 25-03-2008
- Online Test: 15-04-2008 to 14-05-2008
- Admissions will be made on ‘the basis of score obtained by the candidate in GAT-2008 and by following the rule of reservation of GITAM University.
- Last Date for receipt of completed application forms for GAT-2008 : 5.00 PM on 15th March 2008. for more details visit www.gitam.edu