Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) – All India Entrance Examination 2018
Important : Indian Council of Agricultural Research PG Admission will be based on All India Entrance Examination ( AIEEA )
Indian Council of Agricultural Research ( ICAR ) – All India Entrance Examination 2018
23rd All India Entrance Examination for Admissions to Post-Graduate Programmes in master degree programmes of agricultural universities and award of ICAR-PG scholarship / NTS ( PGS ) in agriculture & allied sciences for academic session 2018–19.
ICAR-PG Admission Courses 2018
- Plant Biotechnology
- Plant Sciences
- Physical Science
- Entomology and Nematology
- Social Sciences
- Statistical Sciences
- Forestry / Agro forestry and Silviculture
- Agricultural Engineering & Technology
- Water Science & Technology
- Community Science ( erstwhile Home Science )
- Animal Biotechnology
- Veterinary Science
- Animal Sciences
- Fisheries Science
- Dairy Science
- Dairy Technology
- Food Science Technology
- Agri-Business Management
ICAR-PG Admission Eligibility 2018
Age and Nationality
- Indian Nationals having age not below 19 years as on 31st August, 2018 ( i.e., candidate should not have been born after 1st September, 1999 ) are eligible to appear in the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
- Candidate must have passed ( or due to appear at the final examination ) their Bachelor degree from a recognized university in the concerned field under 10+2+5 ( B.V. Sc. & A.H. ), 10+2+4, 10+6 years degree ( B.Sc.Ag. ) programmes may apply for this examination. Few options for the candidates having passed Bachelor degree with 10+2+3 year degree programme are available in only two ICAR-DUs namely IARI Pusa and NDRI Karnal in some courses. For admission in M.V.Sc., candidates must have completed B.V.Sc. & A.H. with internship before the date of admission in the allotted university.
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor degree examination securing Overall Grade Point Average ( OGPA ) of at least 6.60 / 10.00 in ten-point scale, 3.25 / 5.00 in five-point scale, 2.60 / 4.00 in four-point scale for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC / ST / Physically Challenged ( PC ) candidates, the said requirement is an OGPA of at least 5.60 / 10.00, 2.75 / 5.00, 2.20 / 4.00, respectively. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories, whereas for SC / ST / PC categories the requirement is 50% marks. ( Please note that equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable ). There will be no rounding-off of the OGPA / percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his / her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
ICAR-PG Admission Seats 2018
Number of ICAR seats available for admission through this examination in Master degree in different disciplines at accredited Agricultural Universities for the academic session 2018–19 will be displayed at the time of counseling
Reservation of seats for SC / ST, PC, UPS and OBC ( NCL )
Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Physically Challenged / Other Backward Classes
- There would be reservation of seats as well as ICAR- PG Scholarship to the extent of 15% for Scheduled Caste and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe candidates in different disciplines. The reservation of seats among SC / ST categories is interchangeable i.e., if sufficient number of candidates are not available to fill up the seats as well as PG Scholarship reserved for ST candidates, these can be filled up from among suitable SC candidates and vice-versa in a given subject as per merit-rank in examination. The original SC / ST certificate is required to be produced for verification at the time of admission. Depending on merit and choice, they can also take seat from the General Category.
- Five percent seats are reserved, horizontally across the categories in different subjects, for Physically Challenged ( PC ) candidates suffering from low vision, hearing impairment, locomotors disability or cerebral palsy with appropriate medical certificate having at least 40% disability and found suitable by the Counseling Committee / University official. The candidate applying for admission under this category should submit a copy of the certificate about being handicapped from a Govt. Hospital / Medical Board at the time of admission in allotted university. The criteria for assessing the degree of handicap could be variable from one subject to another. The decision of the University allotted will be final in this regard.
- Reservation for candidates belonging to Central OBC ( NCL ) category would be available at BHU, SASARD Nagaland University, CAUs, CIFE, IARI, IVRI and NDRI universities as per latest Government of India directives applicable at the time of counseling and Hon’ble SC Judgment dated 18th August, 2011 and communication of seats by these universities at the time of counseling. Candidates claiming admission under this category have to produce a Central OBC certificate as per specimen enclosed.
Reservation for remote and under privileged states / UT ( UPS )
- Two percent seats under each discipline would be reserved, horizontally, across categories for the candidates of the remote and under privileged States / UTs namely
- Andaman & Nicobar Island
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Daman & Diu
- where educational facilities in agriculture and allied science subjects either do not exist or have no SAU ( s ) and who qualify this examination. UPS candidates will have to produce domicile certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of admission. There will not be any State quota within this quota.
ICAR-PG Admission Application Form 2018
- ICAR-PG Admission application form 2018 will be available at website : www.icarexam.net.
- Application registraion fee [rupee] 2000/-.
- The Following Documents are to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Proof of date of birth – High School / Class X Certificate.
- All Certificates and Mark sheets, grade reports in original, related to Class X, Class XII onwards.
- Candidates reporting for the admission in the allotted university must have final year / final semester result in hand clearly indicating final OGPA / CGPA or final percentage of marks where grade points are not awarded. Candidates will be required to produce Provisional / Degree certificate of qualifying graduate examination issued by the university for this purpose.
- In case of candidates from SC, ST and non-creamy layer of OBC categories, original Certificates as per Central Govt. requirements and issued by Competent Authority.
- Medical certificate in case of Physically Challenged ( PC ) candidate issued by Medical Officer of any Government Hospital along with description of the kind of disability and the degree of disability.
- Character Certificate from the Head of the institution last attended.
- e- Admit Card, hard copy of Online application Form and letter issued by the ICAR to qualified candidates related to admission.
- Three recent and clear passport size colour photographs with name and date same as uploaded on the online Application Form.
- Domicile certificate.
- Aadhaar card or 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID proof or passport or ration card or bank passbook or any other valid Govt. Identity proof.
ICAR-PG Admission Admit Card Details 2018
- The e-Admit Card will be uploaded on ICAR website during specified period. This copy of Admit Card must be self-attested by the candidate and brought to the Examination Hall for appearing in the examination. Candidate may note that without self-attestation of photo as well as signature and putting thumb impression of the candidate on e-Admit card, candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
- Candidate is advised to preserve this e-Admit card till completion of counselling and admission process in the allotted Agricultural University. In case of any difficulty in obtaining the roll number / examination venue from the ICAR website, the candidate is advised to contact the Nodal Officer of the respective Examination City center; two days before the scheduled examination date.
ICAR-PG Admission Selection Procedure 2018
- Based on the overall merit-rank, the candidate is allowed to take admission in a specific degree programme at an Agricultural University as per the choice of the candidate and the availability of seat at that merit rank through a process of online counseling. In the matter of allotment / admission of candidates to respective Agricultural Universities, the decision of the ICAR / Agricultural University concerned shall be final. Once a candidate accepts admission / joins an Agricultural University, he / she will be a bona-fide student of that Agricultural University and he / she would, thereafter, be governed by all the academic rules / regulations including migration, as applicable at that university. ICAR will not entertain any direct request from the candidates in any such matters thereafter.
- After the admission in allotted university, change in the subject / university or transfer / migration would not be permissible under any circumstances. ICAR will have no responsibility for change of subject / university after the counseling. No correspondence in this respect will be entertained. Canvassing of any kind may invite cancellation of admission.
- Candidate selected for admission through AIEEA-PG-2018, conducted by ICAR, may seek admission only during the session for which the Examination has been conducted. He / she will not be entitled for admission in subsequent sessions based on this year’s Examination and thus cannot claim for seat allotment in other sessions / years based on this examination.
- Female candidates admitted through this examination on ICAR seats should be accommodated, to the extent possible, in the main campus of the University or in the campus located in a major city where there are adequate facilities for the stay of female students.
ICAR-PG Admission Exam Centres 2018
|Code||Exam Centre||Code||Exam Centre||Code||Exam Centre||Code||Exam Centre|
ICAR-PG Admission Results 2018
- The result of the AIEEA-PG-2018 is likely to be declared by 31st August, 2018 and will be placed on ICAR website.
- The result of the entrance examination would be available in terms of overall merit-rank obtained by the candidates qualified for counseling.
- All announcements related to the conduct of entrance examination including, issue of examination notification, e-Admit card information, examination result, schedule of online counseling, general notices, etc., would be posted and available on the ICAR website. The candidates are advised to be vigilant about the announcements on the ICAR website as the ICAR would not be held responsible for non-receipt of any information / letter by post or otherwise.
- No separate intimation about non-selection in AIEEA-PG-2018 Examination, nor marks obtained therein, will be sent to the candidate and no correspondence ( Letter / Fax / e-mail etc. ) in this regard will be entertained.
ICAR-PG Admission Counselling 2018
- There will be online counseling only. The candidates declared qualified for counseling for the consideration of admission to the Agricultural Universities would be generally larger than the number of seats available, provided they have achieved a minimum of 50% marks for General and UPS categories and a minimum of 40% marks for SC / ST /PC categories in the Entrance examination.
- For OBC, it will be as per Supreme Court directives in this regard. The competent authority ( DDG, Agril. Edn. ) may relax the minimum qualifying marks in case the required number of candidates to be called for counseling are not available.
ICAR-PG Admission Important Dates 2018
|1||Availability of online application form||April, 2019|
|2||Last date to submit application form||4th week of April, 2019|
|3||Last date to submit the hard copy of application form||1st week of May, 2019
|4||Releasing of e-admit card||2nd week of May, 2019|
|5||AIEEA PG Exam Date||2nd week of May, 2019
|6||Declaration of result||1st week of June, 2019
|7||Counselling||In the month of July, 2019
Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-ll,
Website : www.icar.org.in.