Indian Institute of Foreign Trade – IIFT PhD Entrance Exam 2019
IIFT PhD Entrance Exam 2019
The Indian Institute of Foriegn Trade invites admission application for Entrance Examination leading to admission in PhD program for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
IIFT PhD Courses Offered 2019
- General Management & Strategy
- Economics & Trade Policy
- IT Innovation & Tech. Management
- Operation & Supply Chain
IIFT PhD Eligibility 2019
- Candidates from India and foreign countries are eligible for admission
- Candidate must have Master’s degree ( including IIFT MPIB ) / M.Phil. degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or equivalent to B+
- Candidates who have hold of Diploma courses like PGDIM from IIMs / other diplomas considered equivalent to Master’s Degree with minimum 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B+, from a recognized Institute.
- The degree / diploma of the institutes recognized by AICTE / UGC only would be considered. In such cases candidates would be required to produce the necessary certificate ( s ) from Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ).
- There is no age limit criteria imposed on the aspirant aspiring for admission
- Candidates with prior teaching and research experience or Candidates from industry having made exceptional contribution in their area of work would be given an important consideration.
- Credits would be given to candidates with good publication records such as books, papers in National / International Journals and paper presentation experiences in National / International conferences
- Candidates from India are required to qualify in the Entrance test conducted by the University itself whereas for foreign candidates GMAT score is considered.
IIFT PhD Seats 2019
Intake : 15 seats
Reservation of seats
Reservation of seats for the different categories is given below in the tabular form :
|3||Other backward classes||23%|
|5||General category candidates||50.5%|
IIFT PhD Application Form 2019
The Indian Institute of Foriegn Trade application form is available in the official website www.tedu.iift.ac.in.
How to Apply
The candidates can download / obtain the application form from the website. All fields in the application form should be correctly and completely filled – in with the relevant information. The duly filled application along with required processing fee in the form of DD and important enclosures to the said address.
Important steps for filling in the application form :
- Logon to the university website www.iift.edu and download the application form
- Fill the application form with the necessary information
- Enclose the application form with the Demand Draft ( of [rupee] 2,500/- ( [rupee] 1250/- in respect of SC / ST candidates and US$120 / [rupee] 8, 500/- for Foreign Nationals ) in favour of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade payable at New Delhi ) and other important documents.
- The Duly filled in application forms must be sent to the following address :
Ms. Lalita Gupta Section Officer ( Research Division ),
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi 110016
Tel : 91-11- 26859582 ( Direct ) 26966563, 26965124, 26965051 ( Ext. 426 )
Fax : 91-11-26867851
E-mail : email@example.com.
- Candidate must keep the Xerox copy of the completed applications for subsequent use
The candidate must submit the photo affixed and duly signed application along with the following documents :
- Copy of “Statement of Purpose” for the proposed Ph.D. Programme. ( 4 – 5 pages )
- Attested copies of certificates & mark – sheets of qualifying degrees obtained ( from SSC level ).
- Two passport size colour photographs.
- Two letters of recommendation ( in the format provided in the Application Form ).
- At least one example of scholarly research or professional writing. ( Preferable )
- Bank draft of [rupee] 2500/- ( [rupee] 1,250/- in respect of SC / ST / PH category candidates and US$120 / [rupee] 8500/- for foreign nationals ) in favour of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at NEW DELHI.
- SC / ST / OBC ( NCL ) / PH category candidates need to attach the requisite certificate.
IIFT PhD Selection Procedure 2019
- The University shall select the candidates on the basis of objective test, descriptive test and personal interview. Objective Test will be held on the scheduled date both at Kolkata and New Delhi campuses of the Institute. The candidates qualifying written test shall be called for subsequent phase of selection process comprising of descriptive test and personal interview to be held only at New Delhi campus.
- The final selection of the candidate will be on the overall performance of the candidate in all the selection phases .The IIFT Admission Test shall be based on basic statistics, logical reasoning, data interpretation, mathematics of 12th standard, awareness of contemporary issues.
- UGC JRF scholars in Economics and Management are not required appear in the Entrance Test. After submitting the proof of their UGC ( JRF ) scholarship letter along with the filled – in application form, they will have to appear in the interview only.
- Overseas students with valid GMAT score ( the GMAT result should not have been declared before 1st January, 2014 and should be received by the Institute ) are also exempted from appearing in Entrance Tests. Candidates only with GMAT scores of 500 and above may apply. However, they will be required to appear for viva – voce and attend the course work in the campus if selected.
IIFT PhD Important Dates 2019
|1||Registration Date||1st April, 2019 - 2nd May, 2019|
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
IIFT Bhawan, B-21 Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110016,
Telephone : 011 – 39147385,
Fax : 011-26853956,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.tedu.iift.ac.in