IUCAA National Centre for Radio Astrophysics Admission Test ( INAT ) 2018Exams Date »
IUCAA NCRA INAT Entrance Exam 2018
Inter University Centre for Astronomy Astrophysics ( IUCAA ) invites admission application for Admission Test leading to admission in PhD program for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
IUCAA NCRA INAT Eligibility 2018
- Applications are invited from students who expect to complete their M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc., B.Sc., or B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M. Tech. degrees by July, 2019 with 55% marks or more. Students in any branch of the B.E., B.Tech., M.E. or M. Tech. degrees, or in the Physics, Electronics, Astronomy or Applied Mathematics branches of the B.Sc. or M.Sc. degrees, are eligible to apply for INAT – 2018
- Students who have already completed any of the above degrees are also eligible. In addition, talented final – year B.Sc., 1st year M.Sc., 3rd / 4th year Integrated M.Sc. and 2nd / 3rd year B.E. / B.Tech. students may also apply to be pre – selected for the PhD Program at IUCAA
- Students who complete their M.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. degrees by July, 2019 will be eligible for selection to the PhD Program of both IUCAA and NCRA – TIFR. Students who complete their B.E. / B.Tech. degrees by July, 2019 are eligible for selection to the PhD Program at IUCAA and to the Integrated PhD Program at NCRA – TIFR
- Students who complete their B.Sc. degrees by July, 2019 will be eligible for selection to the Integrated PhD Program at NCRA – TIFR and for pre – selection to the PhD Program at IUCAA
IUCAA NCRA INAT Application Form 2018
Inter University Centre for Astronomy Astrophysics INAT application form is available in the official website www.inat.ncra.tifr.res.in.
- Candidates should apply online at http://inat.ncra.tifr.res.in/inat
- More details, including eligibility for selection to the different programs at IUCAA and NCRA – TIFR as well as information for walk – in candidates, are available at the same URL
- There are TWO steps in the application procedure. Candidates must first register by entering their name and valid e – mail address in the appropriate registration boxes below.
- An application password will then be automatically sent to the candidate’s e – mail address; the e – mail address and the password must be entered to fill out the Online Application Form
- The Application Form also requires the names and e – mail addresses of two referees. Candidates must submit the Online Application Form by 21st September, 2018. When the form is submitted, the candidate will receive an e – mail containing his / her Online ID, an account password, and confirmation that s/he has applied for INAT – 2018
- E – mails will also be automatically sent to the two referees, requesting them to fill and submit the online Confidential Assessment Form. The candidates should inform their referees about the Assessment Form. Note that each applicant must submit his / her Application Form before the referee fills the Assessment Form
- Please e – mail the Co – ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any problems with the online forms
IUCAA NCRA INAT Selection Procedure 2018
- We are looking for highly motivated students with a consistently good academic record. While we strongly encourage students from engineering backgrounds to apply for INAT – 2018, we emphasize that we are looking for students who are interested in carrying out doctoral research in Physics, or Astronomy and Astrophysics. We hence expect prospective candidates to have a good understanding of basic Physics.
- Based on the applications and referee assessments, a subset of the candidates will be short – listed and invited to take the written test, to be held in Pune on 13th December, 2018
- Candidates with 55% or more marks in the qualifying exam may walk – in for the written test by producing a valid photo identification and a copy of their most recent marksheet. All candidates should report at the Chandrasekhar Auditorium, IUCAA, together with the necessary documents for verification ( the ones mentioned above, for all walk – in candidates, and the Admit letter, for all invited candidates )
- Registration for the test will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 9:00 a.m. A seat in the test is not guaranteed unless registration is completed by the candidate during this period. The final selection to the research scholarship will be based on the results of the written test ( on 13th December, 2018 ) and two interviews ( on Thursday, 13th December, 2018 and / or Friday, 14th December, 2018 ), both to be held in Pune
- Note that, for both IUCAA and NCRA – TIFR, the selection through INAT is in addition to the selection through the Joint Entrance Screening Test ( JEST )
IUCAA NCRA INAT Important Dates 2018
|1||Last Date for the Online Submission of INAT - 2018 Application is||21st September, 2018|
|2||Last Date for the Online Submission of the Assessment Forms is||25th September, 2018|
|3||Date of Written Test||13th December, 2018 ( Thursday )|
|4||Two Interviews, both to be held in Pune||13th December, 2018 ( Thursday ) and / or 14th December, 2018 ( Friday )|
Inter – University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics ( IUCAA ),
Post Bag 4, Ganeshkhind,
Pune – 411 007,
Phone No. : +91 20 2560 4100,
Fax : +91 20 2560 4699,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.inat.ncra.tifr.res.in.