Jammu Kashmir Diploma in Polytechnic Course – BOPEE PETExams Date »
BOPEE PET Entrance Exam 2019
BOPEE PET Entrance Exam 2019
The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations ( BOPEE ) invites admission application for Entrance Examination leading to admission in Diploma in Polytechnic Course for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
BOPEE PET Courses Offered 2019
Civil / Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics & Communication / Auto-mobile / Computer / Leather Technology / Wood Technology / Information Technology / Garment Technology / Office Management & Computer Application / Medical Lab. Technology / Food Technology / Textile Technology / Medical Electronics / Travel 8i Tourism / Architectural Assistantship / Quality Survey and Construction management / any other Course as may be notified.
BOPEE PET Eligibility 2019
Candidates applying for admission to Diploma in Polytechnic Courses must fulfill the following eligibility conditions namely :
- A candidate must be permanent resident of J&K State as defined in section 6 of the Constitution of the J&K State;
- A candidate must have passed Secondary School Examination ( Matriculation or equivalent examination ) from a recognised statutory Board. The candidates appearing / appeared in 10th class examination can also apply for the Entrance Test;
- A candidate must have obtained at least 40% marks in 10th class in case of being an open merit candidate and at least 37% marks in case of being a reserved category and
- A candidate must have passed Science and Math subjects in 10th class examination at the time of counselling and secured percentage of marks as given above.
- Those who have appeared in the Matriculation Exam up to the last date i.e. 03rd February 2019 are also eligible provided they have qualified the exam at the time of the declaration of the result of the BOPEE examination / at the date of counseling as may be notified by the Board.
Note : There is no upper age bar for appearing in the Entrance Test for admission to Polytechnic Courses, both in Government and Private Colleges.
BOPEE PET 2019 Reservations and Category Codes
The reservation of seats in the Government Polytechnics shall be as under
|S. No.||Categories||Category Codes||Reservation in %age|
|1||Open Merit ( OM )||06||50|
|2.1||Scheduled Caste ( SC )||07||08|
|2.2.1||Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal ( STGB )||08||06|
|2.2.2||Scheduled Tribe, Leh District ( STL )||09||02|
|2.2.3||Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District ( STK )||10||02|
|2.2.4||Other Scheduled Tribes ( STO )||11||01|
|2.3||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|
|2.3.1||Weak and Under Privileged Classes, Social Castes ( OSC )||12||02|
|2.3.2||Residents of Backward Area ( RBA )||13||20|
|2.3.3||Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control ( ALC )||14||03|
|2.4||Children of Defense Personnel ( CDP ) *||15||03|
|2.5||Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in Sports ( SP ) **||16||02|
|2.6||Children of State Police Personnel and Paramilitary Forces ( JKPM )||17||01|
|2.7||Tuition fee Waiver ***||19||05
over and above intake capacity
BOPEE PET Exam Pattern 2019
- The entrance test will be held at the centres specified by the Board in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only. The PET 2019 will consist of one question paper having 180 multiple – choice questions.
- The duration of the examination will be of 3 hours; the marking scheme of the examination will be as follows :
- Mathematics – 70 No. of questions and 70 Marks
- Physics – 50 No. of questions and 50 Marks
- Chemistry – 30 No. of questions and 30 Marks
- English – 30 No. of questions and 30 Marks
- Total – 180 No. of questions and 180 Marks
- Each correct answer will carry one mark and each wrong answer will carry – 0.25 marks. Candidates who will appear for the entrance test must go through the exam pattern to have a better understanding regarding the entrance test.
BOPEE PET Application Form 2019
BOPEE PET application form is available in the official website www.jakbopee.org.
- The Application Forms have to be submitted online only through BOPEE websites www.jakbopee.org / www.jakbopee.net ( through URL’s / links provided for this purpose ) within the prescribed date to be notified separately.
- The payment of rupees ₹ 450/- only as fee is to be made online through “Integrated Payment Gateway” with the help of any national Credit Card / Debit Card / facility.
- The procedure for filing Application Form and eligibility etc of the candidates have been given in detail in the E – Brochure. The students must necessarily, in their own interest, go through this Brochure before attempting to fill up the online Application Form.
- The candidates can download admission notification, Brochure, instructions, Admit Card and all other relevant information from the official website of the BOPEE at any Common Service Centres of J&K State at nominal charges.
- They can also avail the services at any National Informatics Centre located at the office of the Deputy Commissioner of the concerned District.
- Candidates are advised to remain in touch with the BOPEE website www.jkbopee.gov.in and also go through the e – Information Brochure before filling up of the application forms.
BOPEE PET Important Dates 2019
|1||Date of uploading of e - Information Brochure ( PET 2019 )||27th December, 2018|
|2||Actual Date of Filling Up of Online Application Forms||4th January, 2019 to 3rd February, 2019|
|3||Admit Cards to be downloaded||To be notified separately|
|4||Date of Examination||7th April, 2019 ( 180 Questions with three hour duration )|
|5||Tentative Date of Declaration of Result||Within 21 days from the conduct of exams|
BOPEE PET 2018 Syllabus
English Syllabus ( No. of Questions : 30 )
- Pronouns – Type & Uses – 04 Questions
- Conjunction – Type & Uses – 04 Questions
- Models – Modal Auxiliaries & Their Uses – 04 Questions
- Reported Speech – Changes in Verbs and Other Changes – 03 Questions
- Clauses – Types of Clauses and Their Uses – 03 Questions
- Sentence Patterns – 03 Questions
- Past Prefect – Uses – 03 Questions
- To – Infinitive And – Hing Forms – 03 Questions
- Other Sentences Patterns – 03 Questions
Physics Syllabus ( No. of Questions : 50 )
Unit 1 : Light – Reflection and Refraction – 12 Questions
- Reflection of Light, spherical mirrors; Image formation; uses of spherical mirrors.
- Sign conventions for spherical mirrors; relation between focal length and radius of curvature; mirror formula ( only relation ) ( Numerical problems ); magnification.
- Refraction of Light, refraction through a glass slab, refractive index, Conditions for no refraction.
- Spherical Lenses, Image formation, sign conventions, lens formula ( only relation ) ( Numerical Problems ), Magnification ( Numerical Problems ), power of lenses ( Numerical Problems ).
Unit 2 : The Human Eyes And The Colorful World – 05 Questions
- Human eye; power of accommodation; defects of vision and their correction.
- Glass prism ( refraction and dispersion )
- Atmospheric refraction – twinkling of stars and colour of sun at sun rise and sun set.
Unit 3 : Electricity – 15 Questions
- Concept of electric charge;
- Electric current; electric potential and potential difference;
- Ohm’s law and experimental verification; resistance and its dependence; combination of resistances ( in series and in parallel ) ( Numerical Problems )
- Heating effect of current-Electric power and energy ( Numerical Problems )
Unit 4 : Magnetic Effects of Current – 10 Questions
- Orested Experiment; Magnetic field and field liners.
- Magnetic field due to a current carrying – Straight, coil ( loop ) and solenoid ( qualitative only ).
- Force on a current carrying conductor in a magnetic field.
- Electric Motor; Domestic electric circuits
Unit 5 : Sources of Energy – 08 Questions
- Various sources of energy; Conventional sources of energy; improvement in technology for using conventional sources of energy ( Biomass and wind energy ).
- Non – conventional sources of energy ( Solar energy, Energy from sea ).
- Nuclear energy ( Nuclear fusion and nuclear fission ).
- Lasting of energy sources.
Chemistry Syllabus ( No of Questions : 30 )
Unit 1 : Chemical Reactions and Equation – 05 Questions
- Chemical equation, writing of chemical equation; Balancing chemical equations.
- Types of chemical reactions; Viz. Combination reactions; Decomposition reactions;
- Displacement reactions; Double displacement reactions; Oxidation and reduction.
- Effects of oxidation and reduction reactions in everyday life, viz. corrosion and rancidity
Unit – 2: Periodic Classification of Elements – 04 Questions
- Early attempts regarding classification of elements; like 0’Debernier triads, New lands law of octaves ( Non Evaluating )
- Mendeleev’s periodic table its achievements and limitations.
- Modern periodic table; position of elements trends in modern periodic table viz. valiancy, Atomic size,
- Metallic and non-metallic properties
Unit – 3 : Carbon and Its Compounds – 10 Questions
- Bonding in Carbon, Covalent bond, Allotropes of carbon;
- Versatile nature of carbon; Saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons; chains; Branches and rings; homologous series and its characteristics; nomenclature of Carbon compounds.
- Chemical properties of carbon compounds viz. combustion; oxidation; Addition and substitution reactions.
- Important Carbon compounds like Ethane and Ethanoic acid. Properties of Ethanol and Ethanoic acid.
- Soaps and Detergents.
Unit – 4 : Metals and Non – Metals – 06 Questions
- Physical properties of metals and non – metals.
- Chemical properties of metals like action of water, air, acids, salts; Reactivity series of metals.
- Cause of reactivity of metals and non-metals. Properties of ionic compounds.
- Occurrence of metals; their extraction, enrichment of ores, Extraction of metals in accordance with activity series; refining of metals.
- Corrosion of metals and its fermentation.
Unit – 5 : Acids Bases And Salts – 05 Questions
- Idea about acids and bases; chemical properties of acids and bases viz. Action of metals, metal carbonates, metal hydrogen carbonates ( only in case of acids ), metallic acids; non-metallic acids and bases.
- Similarities in acids and bases; reaction of acids and bases with water.
- Strength of acids and base solutions; pH and its importance.
- Idea of salts, their family and pH. Chemicals from common salts like Sodium Hydroxide, Baking soda and Washing soda; Hydrated salts & Plaster of Paris.
Mathematics Syllabus ( No of Questions – 70 )
Unit I : Real Numbers – 03 Questions
Euclids division lemma, Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic, Statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating through examples, Proofs of results irrationality of √2, √3, √5 decimal expansion rational numbers in terms of terminating / non terminating recurring decimals.
Arithmetic Progession – 02 Questions
Motivation for studying Arithmetic progression, Derivation of standard results.
Unit II : Pair of Linear Equation in Two Variables – 06 Questions
Pair of linear Equation in two variables. Algebraic conditions for number of solutions. Solutions of pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically by substitution, by elimination and by cross multiplication. Simple situational problems may be included. Simple problems on equations reducible to linear equation may be included.
Unit III : Polynomials – 04 Questions
Zeroes of a Polynomial, Relationship between zeroes and coefficients of polynomial with particular reference to quadratic polynomials
Quadratic Equations – 09 Questions
Standard form of Quadratic equation ax2+bx+c=0,(a=0), solution of quadratic equation ( only real roots ) by factorization any by completing the square, i.e.by using quadratic formulas, relationship between discriminant and nature of roots. Problems related to day to day activities to be incorporated
Unit IV : Triangles – 12 Questions
Definitions, examples counterexamples of similar triangles :
- ( Prove ) : If a line is drawn parallel tone side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distance points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- ( Motivate ) : if a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to third side.
- ( Motivate ) : If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangle are similar.
- ( Motivate ) : If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- ( Motivate ) : If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles re proportional, the two triangles are similar.
- ( Motivate ) : If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle to the hypotenuse, the triangle on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and to each other.
- ( Prove ) : The ratio of the areas of two similar triangles is equal to the ratios of the squares on their corresponding sides.
- ( Prove ) : In a right triangle, the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the square on the other two sides.
- ( Prove ) : In a triangle, if the squares on one side are equal to sum of the squares on the two sides, the angles opposite to the first side is a right triangle.
Unit V : Coordinate Geometry – 07 Questions
Lines ( in two dimensions ) : Review the concepts of coordinate geometry done earlier including graphs of linear equations. Awareness of geometrical representation of quadratic equations polynomials, Distance between two points and section formula ( internal ). Area of a triangle.
Unit VI : Introduction to Trigonometry – 10 Questions
Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right angled triangle. Proof of their existence ( well defined ); motivate the ratios, whichever are defined at 0’ and 90’. Values with proofs of the trigonometric ratios of 30’,45’ and 60’. Relationship between the ratios.
Trigonometric identities, Proofs and applications of the identity Sin 2A + Cos2A = 1, only simple identities to be give. Trigonometric ratios of complementary angles.
Unit VII : Heights and Distances – 03 Questions
Simple and believable problems on heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than two right triangles. Angle of elevation / depression should be only 30, 45, 60.
Unit VIII : Surface Areas and Volumes – 10 Questions
- Problems on finding surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders / cones, frustum of a cone.
- Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed problems. Problems with combination of not more than two different solids be taken.
Unit IX : Probability – 04 Questions
History, Repeated experiments and observed frequency approach to probability focus is on empirical probability.
Classical definition of probability, Simple problems on single event, not using set rotation.
The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations,
Telephone No. / Fax No. : 0194 – 2433760, 2433590, 2437647 ( Srinagar ), 191 – 2479371, 2470102 ( Jammu ),
Website : www.jakbopee.org
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.