Joint Entrance Screening Test JEST –Exams Date »
Joint Entrance Screening Test JEST – 2019
JEST invites applications form candidates for admission to the following courses Ph.D Programmes for the acadmic session 2019
JEST Exam Courses offered 2019
- Ph.D ( Physics )
- Ph.D ( Thoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- Ph.D in Neuroscience at NBRC
- Ph.D in Computational Biology at IMSc
- Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech-Ph.D ( Physics )
- Integrated Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. at IIA
- Integrated Ph.D. at IISER,
JEST Exam Eligibility 2019
- All participating institutions have their own eligibility criteria to provide admissions. So, it is advised to the candidates that before applying must check the complete eligibility of that institution in which they want to get admission. However, here we have mentioned some basic eligibilities.
- Ph.D ( Physics ) : M.Sc. in Physics is the qualifying degree. Some institutions also accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech in Applied Physics and Mathematics.
- Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc : M.Sc./M.E./M.Tech in Computer Science and related streams
- Ph.D in Neuroscience at NBRC : M.Sc ( Physics / Mathematics, B.E / B.Tech/MCA in Computer Science.
- Ph.D in Computational Biology at IMSc : M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech / MCA in any discipline or science with some mathematical skills and strong knowledge in biological problems.
- Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D ( Physics ) : B. Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ). For NISER, B.Sc ( Physics ) or B.E. / B.Tech in Engineering ( Physics ) with 60% and above. For IIA, B.Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) / B.E. / B.Tech in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science & Engineering / Optics and Photonics will also be considered. IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS, B.Sc. ( Physics ) will be considered.
- Integrated Ph.D in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc : B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. at IIA : M.Sc. ( Physics / Applied Physics ) / Post-B.Sc. ( Hons. ) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics & Electronics.
- Integrated Ph.D. at IISER : B. Sc. ( Physics ) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
JEST Exam Pattern 2019
- Mode : The exam will be conducted through offline mode ( OMR ).
- Duration of Exam : 3 hours will be provided to complete the exam.
- Number of Questions : The question paper of Physics will be divided into three parts i.e. Part A, Part B and Part C.
- Language: The paper will be published in English language.
|S.no||Parts||No.Of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marking|
|2.||Part B||10||+3||No negative marking|
JEST Exam Application Form 2019
- Application form details will be available at the website: www.jest.org.in
- The application form will be available through online mode.
- The online application will be started from the second week of November, 2018.
- The last date to submit JEST 2019 application form will be the third week of December 2018.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned images of the signature and the photograph.
- After successful submission of the application form, candidates will be intimated through an mail generated by the system of the acceptance of application form.
- The application fee will be ₹ 300 /- ₹ 150 for SC / ST ).
- The application fee can be deposited through an online payment gateway.
JEST Exam Admit Card 2019
- Candidates can download the JEST admit card 2019 through online mode. Candidates can access their admit card by entering the username and password. The admit cards will be released in the fourth week of January 2019.
- The printout of the admit card will be carried by the candidate on the day of exam along with one photo Id proof. The admit cards will not be sent to the candidates by post or any other means.
JEST Exam Syllabus 2019
- The syllabus for JEST 2019 will be different for each offered programme. The authority will set the syllabus at graduation and post graduation level. Candidates can get the complete syllabus from the official website.
- The questions for Physics will be carried from the topics such as Mathematical Methods, Classic Mechanics, Electromagnetism and Optics, Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics and Electronics.
- For Theoretical Computer Science, candidates can read the topics such as Analytical Reasoning and Deduction, Combinatorics, Data Structures and Algorithms, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Principles of Programming.
JEST Exam Result 2019
- After declaration of the result, candidates have to contact the respective participating institution in which they want to get admission. There is no centralized admission process conducted by the exam conducting authority.
- Candidates can report the particular institution along with the original document for verification and the JEST 2019 score card.
JEST Exam Important Dates
|1.||Last date for submitting online applications and payments||15th December, 2018|
|2||Availability of admit card||20th January, 2019|
|3||JEST 2019 will be held on||17th February, 2019|
Indira gandhi centre for atomic research,kalpakkam,
( organising institution for jest 2018 ),
Website : www.jest.org.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.