Joint Entrance Screening Test – JESTExams Date »
JEST 2018 Entrance Exam
Applicants seeking admission for a Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the Participating Institutes may appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test ( JEST ) at one of the Exam Centers.
The Science & Engineering Research Board ( SERB ) ( statutory body established through an Act of Parliament ) recognizes JEST as a National Eligibility Test ( NET ) in their office Memo vide OM No.SB / S9 / Z-01 / 2015. Fellows working in SERB programmes and qualified in NET are eligible to get enhanced fellowship.
Participating Institutes have their own eligibility criteria. Applicants who are expected to complete their final examinations by August of each year are also eligible to appear for the JEST exam of that year. Applicants must pay an application fee and register to appear for the exam.
JEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in related disciplines.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will also be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA – TIFR, TIFR – TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram and SNBNCBS.
- M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics will be cnsidered at IUCAA
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered atIPR.
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B.Tech Eng. Phys.will be considered at TIFR.
- M.E. / M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc ( Physics / Mathematics ), B.E / B.Tech / M.C.A in Computer Science
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc / M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme ( Physics )
- B. Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B. Sc. ( Physics ) will be considered at IMSc.
- B.Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered in IIA.
- B.Sc ( Physics ) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- B.Sc. ( Physics ) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
- B. Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) / B.E. / B.Tec. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.Sc. / B.E. / B.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- M.Sc. ( Physics / Applied Physics ) / Post-B.Sc. ( Hons ) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram
- B. Sc. ( Physics ) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
M. Sc. Programme at HRI
- B. Sc. ( Physics ) or B.E. / B.Tech. degree in any discipline
- HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2017. The Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.
JEST 2018 Online Application Form
To apply online, applicants must create an account using a valid email-id. This account will remain valid from the time of account creation till one month after the date of declaration of results, for that year. Email-ids are linked to the created account as well as to the application, and will be used for all communications with the applicants. Therefore, the email-id should be active and must not be changed during this period. To submit application online, applicants must login to the created account and complete the application form. After submission, an unique submission number will be sent to your email-id. Please save all the emails sent to you and the unique submission number must be quoted by the applicant for any communication with the JEST authority.
The steps for submission of Online Application Form are
- Register yourself before you login. It is assumed that you already have an email id.
- To register, the candidate has to click on the “register to appear for the exam” link in the Homepage. You will receive an email with your account information after registering with a valid email id. Follow the instructions given in the email for resetting your password and further login.
- Login to the JEST homepage with your username ( your email id ) and password. Fill the form and save it, or, modify an already saved form. Press the “Submit Application” button ONLY when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
- Upload jpg files of your Passport size photo and scanned signature.
- Pay the application fee online using the State Bank of India i – collect facility. Please check the FAQ for details of the payment process.
- After Online submission of the application form and successful e-payment of the application fee, your submission procedure will be considered complete. No modification will be allowed after this.
JEST 2018 Application Form Fee
An Application Fee of ₹ 300 ( ₹ 150 for SC / ST applicants Only ) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online using Debit / Credit cards and Net Banking. Payment by any other mode will NOT be accepted.
To Know more about JEST 2018 Application Form – Click Here
JEST 2018 Exam Centers
The Joint Entrance Screening Test will be held at the locations indicated below
|Kolkata||Madurai||Mangalore ( Centre is subject
availability. second option will
be allotted if centre is not
To Know more about JEST 2018 Exam Centers – Click Here
JEST 2018 Important Dates
|1||Last date for submitting online applications and payments||15th December, 2019|
|2||JEST 2019 Exam Date||17th February, 2019 ( Sunday )|
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences,
CIT Campus, Taramani,
Chennai – 600 113,
Phone No : 044 – 2254 3100,
Fax : 044 – 2254 1586,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.jest.org.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.