National Board of Examination DNB PDCET 2018
National Board of DNB PDCET Examination 2018
National Board of Examination application are invites for admission to the Post Graduate DNB ( Secondary ) for the academic session 2018.
NBE DNB PDCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities which are duly recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956, Govt of India i.e. have passed / Passing the final examinations for Post graduate diploma on or before 15th July, 2018 can apply for the Post diploma CET examination in the same Broad specialty.
- Submission of proof of having passed / Passing the Post graduate diploma final examination on or before the 15th July, 2018 is an essential prerequisite. In case the candidate does not submit requisite proof of passing his / her post graduate diploma final examination at the time of centralized merit based counseling, their candidature shall not be considered for PDCET July, 2018 admission session.
- Candidate found to be ineligible at any stage of PDCET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and / or being successful in the PDCET, the result / candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and / or is deemed to be cancelled as and when the ineligibility is detected.
- Requests for appearing in PDCET from candidates, who are qualifying and/or getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification after 15th July, 2018 shall be summarily rejected.
Candidate who are qualifying their PG Diploma exit examination or and getting their results after 15th July, 2018 or likely to qualify after 15th July, 2018 need not apply in the PDCET exam as they shall be ineligible to appear in the PDCET.
- Candidates already pursuing a MD / MS / DNB course are not eligible to appear for DNB – PDCET till such time they have completed the duration of prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. Candidates who have joined DNB ( Post Diploma ) course in or after December 2016 session are not eligible to appear in DNB – PDCET June 2018 admission session. This shall be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
- Appearing in PDCET do not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital / institutes.
- Registration with M.C.I. / State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
NBE DNB PDCET 2018 Exam pattern
- DNB – PDCET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post diploma DNB 2 years post graduate courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held on 29th June, 2018 and conducted as computer-based exam only.
- Appearance in the Post Diploma CET is an essential pre-requisite for entry to the DNB Broad Specialties ( Secondary Seats ) June, 2018 admission session.
- All the candidates who appear in the above examination will be given a merit position ( rank ) in descending order of the marks obtained by them. The merit list shall be published specialty wise ( merit list for DGO, DMRD, DMRT, DORTHO, DOMS, DLO, DA, DVD, DPM, DCH, DNM, DTCD, DPMR andDCP shall be published separately ).
- Candidates successful in Post Diploma CET shall be asked to participate in a Centralized counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB secondary seat at NBE accredited Institutions / hospitals / medical colleges in order of their Specialty specific merit and shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution / hospital / medical college of their choice as per seat availability at their merit.
- The list of Broad Specialties in which Post diploma candidates can pursue the postgraduate DNB degree programme.
- The exam comprises 300 multiple choice, single correct response questions of 4 mark each in English language only as per the following indicative scheme
|S No||Specialty Questions||No of Questions|
|1||Human Biology ( Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry )||50|
|2||Applied Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology||50|
|3||Medicine and Allied Sciences||50|
|4||Surgery and Allied Sciences||50|
|5||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||50|
|6||Community Medicine including Basic Statistics & Research Methodology||50|
- The standard of the examinations shall be at the level of Final MBBS ( Exit Examination ).
- The above scheme is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter /vary /amend the same.
- Candidates successful in DNB – PDCET shall participate in Centralized merit based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions / hospitals / medical colleges in order of their specialty specific merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution / hospital / medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
- The provisional list of seats in NBE accredited hospitals / institutions shall be available at NBE website in due course.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
- Negative marking: There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions
- Correct Response – 4 marks
- Incorrect Response – 1 mark shall be deducted
- Unattempted Question – zero mark
- During the examination candidates are given an option to mark any question, whether attempted or not, for review which means that candidate has been given an option to go through these questions again before the examination time ends. Candidates may note that such questions which are marked for review shall be evaluated as per the marking scheme indicated above.
NBE DNB PDCET 2018 Application form
How to apply
- The online registration process and submission of application form for DNB – PDCET ( July 2018 academic session ) is available at PDCET website www.nbe.edu.in.
- Candidates are advised to carefully go through the registration guide available on the website before starting the online registration.
- The last date for submission of application form is 31st May, 2018 (11:55 PM).
- Candidate may note that there is no option for submitting the form other than the online mode, offline applications or printed copies will not be accepted. Candidates are advised to refer NBE website regarding details for online submission of application form.
- At the end online submission of application form, the candidate will get a computergenerated acknowledgment. This acknowledgment shall also be sent at theregistered e-mail ID of the candidate. All fields marked * in the online applicationform are mandatory. Applications of the candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and the candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations.
- Candidates must preserve a hard copy of application form for future reference.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of [rupee]4500/-.
- The prescribed registration fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India / net banking.
- The prescribed examination fee should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or net banking.
- Candidates remaining absent from the examination will forfeit their examination fee. Candidates are advised to read the rule position carefully and satisfy the terms and conditions for fulfillment of eligibility criteria before proceeding for payment of fees.
- Fees shall neither be refunded nor carried forward if the application for DNB – PDCET is rejected / candidature is found to be ineligible.
NBE DNB PDCET 2018 Exam Centres
The list of various tentative cities where PDCET 2018 shall be conducted is as follows
|S No||Centre||S No||Centre|
|8||Delhi / New Delhi||20||Pune|
NBE DNB PDCET 2018 Important Dates
|1||Availability of Information Bulletin||11th May, 2018 onwards|
|2||Last date for apply||31st May, 2018|
|3||Examination date||29th June, 2018|
|4||Result||31st July, 2018|
|5||Cut off date for completing Post Graduation Diploma Qualification||15th July, 2018|
National Board of Examinations
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg ( Ring Road )
Telephone No : 1800 11 1700 (Toll Free) or 0124-6771700
Website : www.nbe.edu.in.