National Level Science Talent Search Examination – NSTSEExams Date »
National Level Science Talent Search Examination 2019
NSTSE is a diagnostic test which helps students improve their overall learning ability and educational performance.
Unlike other tests which may only find out how much a student knows or has memorised, NSTSE measures how well a student has understood the concepts and provides a detailed feedback on the same, to help him / her improve.
Thus NSTSE helps each student to know early, whether he / she has properly understood a concept, so that immediate action can be taken to correct the aberration and pave a path for improvement. Often, students develop conceptual gaps which increase as the students go to higher classes and turn those into a ‘phobia’ for the subject.
School tests – including board exams – tend to test children superficially, only to the extent what they have memorised. But the important skills like the ability to think independently and reason logically – most critical in today’s world – are often not aimed at or tested in school tests.
The focus on fundamentals is very important as when the child finishes studies he / she will have to face the competitive world armed with those fundamentals. Even while opting for higher studies, a student has to go through a complete scan of what he / she knows and how much. Exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, AFMC, AIIMS, GRE, GMAT, CAT etc., are designed to test the fundamental strength of a student. Hence the need of the hour is to build the fundamental-base as strong and as early as possible. This exactly is the philosophy behind Unified Council’s NSTSE.
In NSTSE, the emphasis for assessment of scholastic skills is mainly on Mathematics and Science.
Eligibility for NSTSE 2019
Students studying Classes
- II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and X
- XI ( PCM ) and XI ( PCB )
- XII ( PCM ) and XII ( PCB )
There is no exam for XI, XII PCMB group.
NSTSE follows CBSE syllabus, Question Papers are also suitable for Students of ICSE / ISC and Various State Board / Matriculation Syllabi.
NSTSE 2019 Examination Pattern
There will be a different Question Paper for each class. All the questions are objective-type with no negative marking for wrong answers.
|Class||No. of Questions||Marks|
|4 - 12||100||100|
Duration of the examination for all classes 90 minutes.
Division of marks in the Question Paper :
|For Classes II :
|For Classes III :
|For Classes IV & V :
|For Classes VI to X :
|For Classes XI & XII ( PCM ) :
|For Classes XI & XII ( PCB ) :
NSTSE Syllabus 2019
NSTSE is based on the CBSE syllabus. 85% of the Syllabus is considered for setting the NSTSE Question Papers.
NSTSE Question Papers are also suitable for students of ICSE / ISC and Various other State Board / Matriculation Syllabi.
NSTSE 2019 Application Form
- Students who wish to enrol should fill in the Registration Form enclosed with this information brochure and submit the same to us.
- The duly filled in Registration form should be accompanied by a Demand Draft for [rupee] 300, drawn in favor of UNIFIED COUNCIL payable at Hyderabad, for the following : Examination Fee, Success series book, Set of Previous Question Papers ( MQP ), Student’s Performance Report ( SPR ) and postal charges.
- Instead, you may register by paying online at www.unifiedcouncil.com, using Credit / Debit card or through NET Banking, thereby saving a lot of paper work and courier charges.You will also receive instant confirmation and get the material earlier.
Examination Fee :
- Individual Registration : [rupee] 300 ( The fee includes Set of Previous Question Papers,SPr,Success Series and Postal charges )
- Registration through School : [rupee] 120 ( Rupees One Hundred and Twenty Only )
NSTSE 2019 Important Dates
|1||Last Date for Receipt of Applications||15th December, 2017|
|2||Date of examination for Individual / Direct applicants||4th February, 2018 ( Sunday )|
# 16 – 11 – 16 / 1 / B, Saleem Nagar,
Farhat Hospital Lane, Malakpet,
Hyderabad – 500 036, India,
Phone No. : 040 – 24545862, 24557708, 66139917,
Fax : 040 – 24542215,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.unifiedcouncil.com.