Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology – RGCBExams Date »
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology RGCB Admission 2018
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology invites admission application for admission in PhD program and conducts Entrance Examination for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
RGCB Eligibility 2018
- Candidates with a post – graduate degree in Life / Chemical / Agricultural / Environmental / Veterinary / Pharmaceutical / Medical Sciences or with an MCI certified MBBS degree are eligible to apply.
- Only candidates who have completed their qualifying degree in all respects will be considered.
- Applicants with UGC / CSIR / ICMR / DBT / DST – INSPIRE / KSCSTE fellowships must have a first class in their qualifying examination. These fellowships must be valid till June, 2019.
- Applicants, who do not have any fellowship, should have a minimum of 70% mark ( CGPA – 7.0 ) for the qualifying degree.
- SC / ST candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks ( CGPA – 6.0 ) for their qualifying degree.
- A limited number of institute stipends will be available for those selected candidates without a research fellowship. This conditional financial support will be a subsistence allowance for an initial period of two – years during which they will be strongly encouraged to seek their own fellowships from external agencies so that the PhD program continues uninterrupted.
- All eligible candidates, irrespective of their fellowship status, will have to appear for a qualifying entrance test which will be conducted at RGCB for short listing candidates for the selection interview.
- TA / DA or accommodation will not be provided for the PhD admission procedures.
- Results of the qualifying test will be announced within one hour and selection interview for shortlisted candidates will begin on the same day.
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 1st September, 2018. Age limit will be relaxed for SC / ST / Physically challenged candidates as per Government of India regulations.
- RGCB is currently affiliated to the University of Kerala, Manipal University, Mahatma Gandhi University and Kerala University of Health Sciences ( KUHS ). Registration of the selected candidates will be as per the guidelines issued by these Universities for the award of PhD degrees.
- All selected trainees will undergo the mandatory three – month course work from October, 2018 to February, 2019.
- Only candidates who pass the course work evaluation will be allowed to register for PhD. A maximum of two attempts only is permitted to pass the course work evaluation. Candidates who are not successful in both attempts will have to exit the PhD program.
- Final allotment to specific laboratories will be decided after mutual acceptance by both mentor and student.
RGCB Application Form 2018
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology application form is available in the official website www.rgcb.res.in.
Application form and other details can be downloaded from the website. Applications along with prescribed fees ( as a demand draft of ₹ 1000/- ) must be submitted to The Director, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram 695014, Kerala State, India. SC / ST candidates are exempted from paying the processing fees. Last date for receiving completed applications is 1st September, 2018. Incomplete applications or those without processing fees will be rejected. Applications ( scanned copies / pdf along with a photocopy of the processing fee DD ) can also be submitted through Email : email@example.com. All applicants must bring relevant original certificates, mark sheets and the demand draft ( if not already submitted ).
RGCB Important Dates 2018
|1||Last date for receipt of applications at RGCB.||1st September, 2018 ( Saturday )|
|2||Written examination at RGCB.||16th September, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|3||Exam results will be announced by 2.30 pm and the names of candidates shortlisted for selection interview posted on notice boards and website.||16th September, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|4||Selection interviews||16th September, 2018 ( Sunday )|
|5||Selection Interviews||17th September, 2018 ( Monday )|
|6||Announcement of the final list of candidates selected as RGCB PhD trainees.||19th September, 2018 ( Wednesday )|
|7||Selected PhD trainees report to Office of Academic Affairs, RGCB.||3rd October, 2018 ( Wednesday )|
|8||Mandatory Course Work Begins.||3rd October, 2018 ( Wednesday )|
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology,
Thycaud Post, Poojappura,
Trivandrum – 695 014,
Telephone No : +91-471-2529400,
Fax : +91-471-2348096,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.rgcb.res.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.