Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission – TNPSC Grade IV ExaminationExams Date »
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission – TNPSC Grade IV Examination 2007
[intlink id=”tamil-nadu-public-service-commission-tnpsc-grade-iv-examination-2007-2″ type=”post”]TNPSC Grade IV Exam 2007 Important Dates[/intlink] | [intlink id=”tamil-nadu-public-service-commission-tnpsc-grade-iv-examination-2007-examination-centers” type=”post”]TNPSC Grade IV Exam 2007 Examination Centers [/intlink]| [intlink id=”tamil-nadu-public-service-commission-tnpsc-grade-iv-examination-2007-application-form” type=”post”]TNPSC Exam 2007 Application form Details[/intlink]
6. Qualifications: –
(A) AGE (as on 01.07.2007):
- Minimum Age Limit – Should have completed 25 years (for all candidates) (i.e. should have been born on or before 01.07.82 )
- Maximum Age Limit – Should not have completed 35 years No maximum age limit for SCs, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and Destitute Widows of all castes who have passed PUC / HSC / Degree / Diploma.
- Age relaxation of 5 years in the maximum age limit will be applicable to persons (viz., unemployed youth and those who are in Government Service) affected by the ban orders as per the orders issued in G.O.Ms.No.98, P&AR(S) Department dated 17.07.06 and Department dated 18.09.06 respectively.
- Candidates not belonging to SCs, STs, MBC / DCs and BCs (i.e. others) who have put in five years of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible to apply even though they are within the age limit.
- The Technical and Non-technical staff of TANSI who are facing retrenchment and have not been absorbed in the Government Corporations / Undertakings may also apply (evidence to be produced), if they satisfy all the prescribed qualifications except age. The relevant age rule will be relaxed by the Government in their favour if they come up for selection.
(B) Educational Qualifications for TNPSC Exam 2007 :
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification on the date of viz. 23-08-2007:
- Must possess a degree in Arts, Science or Commerce of any University recognized by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grant or B.O.L of Annamalai University, B.B.A of Madurai Kamaraj University, B. Litt of Madras University, B.B.M. or B. Litt of Bharathiar University. AND
- A degree in Law of a University recognized by the University Grants Commission for the purpose of its grant. Provided, that other things being equal, preference will be given to the employees of Religious Institutions (other than Government Servants) who have put in not less than 5 years of Service
Provided, that other things being equal, preference shall be given to persons who hold a Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology awarded by the Institute of Epigraphy in Tamil Nadu.
7. TNPSC Scheme of Written Examination (Objective Type) And Oral Test:-
Sl.No Subject Page No Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Bulletin No & Date
1. General Knowledge 490 No.16, dated 01.08.2004
2. General Tamil 721 No.11, dated 16.05.2001.
3. General English 722 No.11, dated 16.05.2001
4. Hindu Religion 14 No.2, dated 16.01.2006
5. Law 500 and 501 No.11, dated 16.05.2006
- In respect of Paper-I (i.e. General Knowledge + General Tamil / General English) Two Types of question papers will be set. One type of question paper will contain questions on General Knowledge (100 items) and General English (100 items). The other will contain questions on General Knowledge (100 items) and General Tamil (100 items). Candidates are given the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first 100 items on General Knowledge. Candidates should mention in column 22 of the OMR application form under the heading compulsory subject, the subject i.e. General Tamil or General English chosen by them, failing which they will be penalised.
- The questions on General Knowledge, Hindu Religion and Law will be set both in English and in Tamil and the questions on General Tamil / General English will be set in the respective languages.
- In respect of Paper-II (i.e. 1.Indhu madha inaippu viakkam 2.Saivamum vainavamum)will be set in Tamil only.
- The text books on 1.Indhu madha inaippu viakkam 2.Saivamum vainavamum released by Arulmigu Dhandayuthapani Swamy Thirukoil, Palani are available at :-
- Office of the Commissioner of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department, Nungambakkam, Chennai – 34.
- Arulmigu Dhandayuthapani Swamy Thirukoil, Palani, Dindigul District.
- Arulmigu Meenakshi Sundareswarar Thirukoil, Madurai
- Arulmigu Ranganatha Swamy Thirukoil , Thiruvarangam, Tiruchirappalli.
- Arulmigu Arunachaleswarar Thirukoil, Thiruvannamalai.
- The Syllabi for the said subjects have been published in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Bulletin as follows:
Sl.No Name of the Centre Centre Code
1. Chennai 001
2. Coimbatore 002
3. Madurai 010
4. Salem 017
5. Thanjavur 019
6. Tiruchirapalli 025
7. Tirunelveli 026
8. Vellore 027
9. Villupuram 028
The Syllabi have also been made available in the Commission’s Website: www.tnpsc.gov.in
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.