|TNSET 2019 Exam Details||TNSET 2019 Application Form||TNSET 2019 Syllabus|
TNSET for Assistant Professor 2019
Mother Teresa Women’s University, Kodaikanal ( MTWU ), Tamil Nadu announces holding of the State Eligibility Test ( TNSET 2019 ) on 01st week of March, 2019 for determining the eligibility for Assistant Professor in Tamil Nadu universities and colleges. MTWU will conduct TNSET 2019 in 26 subjects at 16 selected Centres of Examination spread across the state.
TNSET 2019 Eligibility
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% of marks ( without rounding off ) for General / OBC (belonging to Creamy Layer ) Category and 50% for OBC ( belonging to Non – Creamy Layer ) / Scheduled Caste ( SC ) , Scheduled Tribe ( ST ), Persons with Disability ( PwD-VI / HI / PH ), in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from Universities /Institutions recognized by UGC New Delhi, in subjects like Sciences, Humanities ( including languages ), Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Sciences, Library & Information Science, are eligible to appear for this examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the Master Degree ( final year ) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also appear for this examination. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and for those who clear the TNSET 2019 examination will have to qualify within two years from the date of TNSET 2019 Examination, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates shall appear for TNSET 2019 examination in their relevant subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the Candidate did not find the subject of their Post Graduation in the list of TNSET 2019 subjects, the Candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year
- Candidates other than General Category are required to mention their Social Status in the Online Application Form. Candidates may note that they should satisfy the eligibility conditions with reference to the documents such as Community Certificate and Certificates related to PwD ( VI / HI / PH ), OBC ( Creamy /Non Creamy Layer ), when they upload their applications. The Income Certificate and Community Certificate uploaded by the candidates must be issued by the competent authorities.In case any of the Certificates mentioned above is found to be invalid by the TNSET 2019 authority at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the TNSET 2019 authority has accepted his / her candidature. Candidates may note that candidature will be deemed final, only upon verification of eligibility conditions.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for TNSET 2019 examination.
TNSET 2019 Exam Pattern
- The Test will consist of Two papers with objective type questions / MCQs and will be held on 01st week of March, 2019 in two separate sessions as follows
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration ( General )||Duration ( PWDl )|
|First||I||100||50 Questions - all |
Compulsory ( 2 Marks each )
( 09:30 A.M. to 10.30 A.M.)
|1 Hour 20 minutes
( 09:30 A.M. to 10.50 A.M. )
|Second||II||100||100 Questions -|
( 2 Marks each )
( 11 A.M. to 1P.M. )
|2 Hours 40 minutes
( 11 A.M. to 1: 40 P.M. )
- Paper – I : shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the Candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the Candidate. 50 ( fifty ) Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs ), each Question will carry 2 Marks.
- Paper – II : shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the Candidate.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I and Paper – II on the Optical Mark Reader ( OMR ) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
TNSET 2019 Application Form
How to apply
- Candidates have to apply to fill the application form through online mode on the official website www.motherteresawomenuniv.ac.in.
- TNSET application form 2019 will be started from the third week of December, 2018.
- Candidates have to fill and submit the online application form till the second week of February 2019.
- Candidates have to mention their category in the application form along with providing other details.
- Candidates have to upload their passport size scanned photograph, signature and relevant community certificate in the prescribed format.
- No need to send the printout of confirmation page to the exam authority.
- Candidate should keep the printout with them.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of 1500/- for General / OBC candidates 1250/- for OBC ( NCL ) candidates 500/- for SC / ST / PwD candidates
- The application fee has to be paid through credit / debit card or net-banking.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
TNSET 2019 Admit Card
- The TNSET hall ticket will be released through online mode only.
- No paper admit card will be issued to the candidates for appearing in the exam.
- The admit card will be made available in the fourth week of February 2019.
- Candidates can download their admit card to make sure about their exam venue.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the Examination Centre other than that allotted to him/her in the admit card.
TNSET 2019 Exam Centres
TNSET exam will be held in the following cities
TNSET 2019 Syllabus
- The syllabus of TNSET 2019 examination will be the same as in UGC / CSIR-NET. The exam authority will not send the syllabus to the candidates individually.
- Syllabi for all TNSET subjects can be downloaded from UGC website.
- Paper 1 will be designed to assess the teaching / research aptitude of the Candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper 2 will be based on questions from the subject selected by the candidates.
TNSET 2019 Results
- TNSET entrance exam result will be declared through online mode. The candidates those will qualify the entrance exam will only be intimated by the authority by SMS on their registered mobile number.
- The result will only be visible to the candidates those are appeared in the exam. The TNSET result 2019 will be declared in the first week of April 2019.
- Top 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in both Papers I & II will be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor by the reservation policy of the State Government.
- In case of General / OBC ( Creamy Layer ) Category, candidates must secure at least 40% aggregate marks.
- In case of OBC ( Non Creamy Layer / SC / ST / PwD Category, candidates must secure at least 35% aggregate marks.
TNSET 2019 Counselling
- After a few days of written test result the authority will shortlist the candidates for the interview round. The candidates those qualify the written test will only be called for PI on the basis of the TNSET marks.
- It is also necessary to reach the cut off marks to participate in the counselling rounds. Those will qualify the PI round will be considered for Assistant professor.
TNSET 2019 Important Dates
|1||Opening of TNSET online Application Form||03rd week of December, 2018|
|2||Last date of TNSET Application Form||02nd week of February, 2019|
|3||Releasing of TNSET Admit Card||04th week of February, 2019|
|4||Date of TNSET Examination||01st week of March, 2019|
|5||TNSET Answer Key||03rd week of March, 2019|
|6||Declaration of TNSET Result||01st week of April, 2019|
( A State University – Accredited with ‘B’ by NAAC )
Mother Teresa Women’s University,
Nodal SET Agency for Tamil Nadu,
Kodaikanal – 624 101, Tamil Nadu.
Website : www.motherteresawomenuniv.ac.in.