Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test – TS ED CETExams Date »
TS EDCET 2019 Entrance Exam
A Common Entrance Test, designated as Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test 2019 ( TSEd.CET 2019 ) will be conducted by the Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education for admission in to B.Ed ( Two years ) Regular Course in the Colleges of Education in Telangana State for the academic year 2019.
TS EDCET 2019 Eligibility
- Candidates satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for TS Ed.CET – 2019 ( CBT ) for admission to 2-year B.Ed Course.
- The candidate should be of Indian Nationality. The candidate should satisfy “local” / “non-local” Status requirements as laid down in the Telangana Educational Institutions ( Regulation of Admission ) Order, 1974, as subsequently amended.
Candidates should have passed or appeared for qualifying examination
- In any Bachelors Degree i.e., B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Sc ( Home Science ), BCA, BBM / BBA or in the Masters Degree, securing at least 50% aggregate marks.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% aggregate marks or
- Any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- However, for candidates belonging to the reserved categories Viz., SC / ST / BC and other reserved categories should have secured 40% Marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates possessing MBBS / BSC ( AG ) / BVSC / BHMT / B.Pharm and such other professional and job oriented degree courses Viz., LLB are not eligible for admission into B.Ed Course.
- Candidates possessing a Master Degree without having undertaken undergraduate study are not eligible for admission.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for TS Ed.CET-2018.
- The candidate should have completed the age of 19 years as on 1st July of the year in which notification is issued.
- There shall be no maximum age limit.
TS ED CET Eligibility Criteria for the Choice of Subject Under Part – C
- Candidate with B.A. / B.Sc with Mathematics as one of the group subjects, B.E / B.Tech with Mathematics and B.C.A candidates with Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject.
- Candidates with B.Sc., who have studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Subjects under Part-II group subjects, B.E / B.Tech with Physics and Chemistry Subjects and B.C.A. candidates with Physical Sciences ( Physics and Chemistry ) at intermediate level as group subject
- Candidates with B.Sc. / B.Sc.( Home Science ) who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied Subjects under Part-II group subjects and B.C.A. candidates with Biological Sciences at Intermediate level as group subject.
- All candidates with B.A. / B.Com. / B.B.M / B.B.A / B.C.A. candidates with Social Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.
- Candidates with B.A Special English/ B.A. English literature or M.A. English.
TS EDCET Entrance Exam Pattern 2019
Telangana State Education common entrance test will be of objective type ( multiple choice ) examination. Candidate has to answer 150 questions in two hours time.
Part – A
- General English – 25 questions for 25 marks
Part – B
- General Knowledge – 15 questions for 15 marks
- Teaching Aptitude – 10 questions for 10 marks
Methodology : Candidate has to choose one of the following subjects. It consists of 100 questions for 100 marks.
- Mathematics – 100 questions for 100 marks
- Physical Sciences – 100 questions for 100 marks
- Physics – 50 questions for 50 marks
- Chemistry – 50 questions for 50 marks
- Biological Sciences – 100 questions for 100 marks
- Botany – 50 questions for 50 marks
- Zoology – 50 questions for 50 marks
- Social Studies – 100 questions for 100 marks
- Geography – 35 questions for 35 marks
- History – 30 questions for 30 marks
- Civics – 15 questions for 15 marks
- Economics – 20 questions for 20 marks
- English – 100 questions for 100 marks
Note : Part – A and Part – B are common for all the candidates irrespective of Methodology chosen in Part – C.
TS EDCET 2019 Online Application Form
How to apply
- For online submission, visit the website http://edcet.tsche.ac.in.
- Applications should be submitted online only.
- After filling the online Application form with the required details, verify all the details carefully and press Submit button.
- Filled in the Online Application Form will be generated of which contains registration number along with filled in details.
- Take print out of filled in Online Application Form.
- Use the Registration number for future correspondence.
- The following information must be kept ready for filling the details during Online Submission
- Select the eligible methodology.
- Hall ticket Number of Qualifying Examination
- Date of Birth.
- Caste in case of SC / ST / BC candidates.
- PH / NCC / SPORTS etc.
- Parental Income Upto One Lakh or upto Two lakhs or more than Two Lakhs ( rupees ) it is received by the Convener. No correspond Once will be entertained in this regard.
- Study or Residence or relevant certificate for proof of local status.
- Aadhar Card.
- A candidate has to pay ₹ 650/- ( For SC / ST ₹ 450/- only ) as Registration and Application Fee and Late fee ( as applicable ) by opting any of the following two modes of payment :
- TS Online /AP Online Centers in Telangana State or A.P.
- Payment Gateway.
Note : The above certificates are to be submitted during the Counseling for Admission.
TS EDCET 2019 Admit Card
- TSEdCET admit card ( also known as hall ticket ) is released by Osmania University on the official website of the exam as per the prescribed date. TSEdCET 2019 admit card is expected to be released in the month of July.
- To download TSEdCET admit card candidates can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of TSEdCET.
- Step 2: Click on the Download Hall Ticket button.
- Step 3: Enter application number and date of birth.
- Step 4: Click on the Get Hall Ticket button.
- TSEdCET 2019 admit card will appear on the screen. Once downloaded, candidates need to take a printout of the admit card and carry it to the allotted exam centre. It is mandatory for candidates to carry the admit card at the time of exam.
- It may be noted that candidates also need to retain the admit card to produce it later at the time of admission.
TS EDCET 2019 Exam Centers
|1||Hyderabad Central ( Abids, Tarnaka and surrounding areas )|
|2||Hyderabad North ( Medchal, Gandimaisamma and surrounding areas )|
|3||Hyderabad South - East ( L.B.nagar, Hayathnagar, Pedda Amberpet, Ibrahimpatnam, Ramoji
Film City area and surrounding areas )
|4||Hyderabad West ( Kukatpally, Patancheru, Gandipet, Moinabad and surrounding areas )|
|5||Hyderabad East ( Ghatkesar, Keesara and surrounding areas )|
TS EDCET 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for the subjects under Part – A, Part – B and Part – C of the Education Common Entrance Test 2018
Part – A : General English
- Reading Comprehension.
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling, Voice
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex.
- Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
Part – B : General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general knowledge of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific outlook as is expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
- Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognise individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence. One who has these characteristics will be able to become a good teacher after training. Questions relating to these aspects will be included to test one’s teaching aptitude.
Part-C : One of the following subjects to be opted
- Mathematics ( MS )
- Physical Sciences ( Physics and Chemistry ) ( PS )
- Biological Sciences ( Botany and Zoology ) ( BS )
- Social Studies ( Geography, History, Civics and Economics ) ( SS ) – ( For these four subjects Syllabus shall be of graduation level ( revised common core degree syllabus)
- English [ Special English in B.A. ]
The Syllabus for Part C for Subject : English shall cover
Syllabus pertaining to English for Classes VIII , IX and X and that for the Two-Year Intermediate course of A.P – 50 Questions ( 50 Marks )
- Language functions
- Elements of Phonetics
- Phrasal Verbs (idioms)
- Writing skills
- Study skills
- Reference skills
Syllabus prescribed for Optional English at B.A. Degree Level ( B.A. Special English ) / Modern Literature Syllabus in English – 50 Questions ( 50 marks )
TS EDCET 2019 Important Dates
|1||Last date for Submission and Registration of Online Application Form||April, 2019|
|2||Date of TS Ed.CET 2019 Examination Through Online mode only||May - June, 2019|
|3||Declaration of Test Entrance Results / Ranks ( Tentative )||June, 2019|
To know more about AP EdCET Entrance Exam Click Here
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.