TNSET SyllabusExams Date »
|TNSET 2019 Exam Details||TNSET 2019 Application Form||TNSET 2019 Syllabus|
Tamilnadu State Eligibility Test 2019 Syllabus
Syllabus for TNSET examination will be the same as in UGC / CSIR NET. Mother Teresa Women’s University Kodaikanal will not send the syllabus to the candidates individually. Syllabi for all SET subjects can be downloaded from UGC website.
Procedure & Criteria for Declaration of TNSET Result
This will comprise the following steps for considering a candidate for the eligibility for Assistant Professorship
Step I : Minimum marks to be obtained in TNSET 2019 for considering a candidate for the eligibility for Assistant Professor
The candidates are required to obtain minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper–III as given below
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|Paper - I||Paper - II|
|GENERAL||40 ( 40% )||40 ( 40% )|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer) / |
SC / ST / PwD Category
|35 ( 35% )||35 ( 35% )|
Step II : Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared subject – wise and category – wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.
Step III : Top 15% candidates ( for each subject and category ), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared TNSET 2019 qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only.
It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by TNSET 2019 is final and binding.
TNSET 2019 Subjects of Test
The list of 26 subjects for which examination will be conducted by TNSET 2019 along with their respective codes and the medium of question paper setting is given below
|Subject Code||Subject||Medium of Question Paper|
|02||Commerce ||English & Tamil|
|03||Computer Science & Application||English|
|04||Economics||English & Tamil|
|05||Education||English & Tamil|
|08||Geography||English & Tamil|
|10||History||English & Tamil|
|11||Home Science||English & Tamil|
|12||Journalism & Mass Communication||English & Tamil|
|13||Law||English & Tamil|
|16||Management||English & Tamil|
|20 ||Physical Sciences||English|
|21||Political Sciences||English & Tamil
|22||Psychology||English & Tamil
|23||Social Work||English & Tamil
|24||Sociology||English & Tamil|
|26||Library & Information Science||English & Tamil
* The candidates who have completed / appearing in their Master’s Degree in Physics / Electronics / Atomic & Molecular Physics / Classical Dynamics / Condensed matter Physics / Electromagnetic / Experimental Design / Nuclear, Space & Particle Physics / Quantum Physics / Thermodynamics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and other related subjects can take TNSET examination under “Physical Sciences”.
* The candidates who have completed / appearing in their Master’s Degree in Pure Mathematics / Statistics / Applied Mathematics, Mathematics with computer science & other related subjects can take TNSET examination under “Mathematical Sciences”.
* The candidates who have completed/ appearing in their Master’s Degree in Chemistry / Chemical Sciences / Analytical Chemistry / Inorganic Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Physical Chemistry / Medicinal Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Nuclear Chemistry / Environmental Chemistry / Marine Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Bio – organic Chemistry & other related subjects can take TNSET examination under “Chemical Sciences”.
* The candidates who have completed / appearing in their Master’s Degree in Biochemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Biodiversity & Taxonomy / Botany / Genetics / Microbiology / Physiology / Zoology / Fishery science / Animal Biology / Marine Biology / Applied Genetics & other related can take TNSET examination under “Life Sciences”.
* The candidates who have completed / appearing in their Master’s Degree in Geology / Applied Geology / Geo-physics / Meteorology / Oceanography / Physical Geography / Earth Science / Earth & Atmospheric Science / Earth Science Resource Management / Marine Geology / Petroleum Geology / Geo -informatics / GIS / Applied Geochemistry / Geography & other related subjects can take TNSET examination under “Earth Sciences”.
Candidates who are appearing ( Final Year ) in their Master Degree examination can also apply for TNSET.
Those postgraduate students who have passed post graduate examination in more than one subject can appear for TNSET 2019 examination only in one subject at a time.