Wondrous Original Method of Basic Airmanship Testing (WOMBAT) – Aptitude TestExams Date »
Wondrous Original Method of Basic Airmanship Testing (WOMBAT) – Aptitude Test 2008
Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi
Uttar Pradesh – 229 302
1 . Your dreams & aspirations could touch new horizons at IGRUA, the Pioneer Flying Training Institution in the country which enhances the skill level of a pilot with the state of the art training facilities.
Alumni of IGRUA have already conquered the Indian sky over the years with lucrative job of pilot in National Carriers and Private Airlines.
2 . IGRUA offers following course commencing from November, 2008.
|Subject||Date of Exam||Subject||Date of Exam|
|Botany||27.06.2008||MA / M.Sc. in Environmental Studies*||01.07.2008|
- In case SC/ST candidates do not qualify even after 5% relaxation, the seat would be de-reserved for General Category.
- Total 84 candidates shall be selected for training for the year 2008-09 as per merit lists. They shall be inducted in batches every two months starting November, 2008.
3 . Age Limit for WOMBAT 2008: Minimum age limit for above course is 17 years as on 01 Nov 2008.
4 . Medical: Candidate will have to submit Class-I Medical Fitness Certificate. (List of Centers for Class-I medical is available at DGCA Website: http://www.dgca.nic.in/medical/c1exam-ind.htm .
5 . Training fee: Provisional Rs.21.50 Lakhs payable in four installments.
6 . Boarding & Lodging : Hostel accommodation within the campus on twin sharing basis (Separate for Boys & Girls) and Messing is available on a monthly charges of approximately Rs. 4000/- per month.
7 . Selection Process for WOMBAT Aptitude Test 2008: Selection procedure consists of Written Test, WOMBAT (Aptitude Test), Viva Test and Interview in the following manner:-
a ) Written Test: At allotted centres on 27th July, 2008 (Sunday) at 10:30 hrs onwards.
WOMBAT – Aptitude Test 2008 Examination Centres:
Department/Course Regn. Dates(Except Sat/Sun & Holiday) Entrance Test Date Price of Application/Brochure
Applied Psychology/MA Applied Psychology 16.06.08 to 30.06.08 01.07.08 Rs.100/-
Genetics/ M.Sc Genetics 02.06.08 to 30.06.08 02.07.08 Rs.25/-
P.M.B/ M.Sc Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology 02.06.08 to 30.06.08 08.07.08 Rs.25/-
Electronics/ M.Sc Electronics (50% seats-entrance) 02.06.08 to 30.06.08 09.07.08 Rs.35/-
Electronics/M.Tech in Microwave Elect. 02.06.08 to 30.06.08 05.07.08 Rs.50/-
(Choice of two centers are to be made. Allotment of centre will depend on number of candidates)
WOMBAT Aptitude Test 2008 Syllabus for Written Test:
General English, Maths, Physics & Reasoning (10+2 level).
Qualifying Marks in Written Test: 60% for General category & 55% for SC/ST.
b) Pilot Aptitude Test
- To be conducted at Delhi, for candidates from Delhi and neighboring states from 4th to 14th Aug, 2008.
- For other candidates at IGRUA, Raebareli from 19th August, 2008.
- Minimum qualifying marks for WOMBAT test are 70%.
- No relaxation will be given for SC/ST Candidates in WOMBAT (Pilot Aptitude Test).
c) Interview : Interview for all successful candidates in WOMBAT ( Pilot Aptitude Test ) will be conducted at IGRUA, Raebareli from 19th August, 2008. onwards.
8 . Admit Cards: Intimation regarding examination centre will be sent by Post/E-mail directly to the candidates. If not received by 5th July 2008. IGRUA office can be contacted on telephone.
Information regarding examination center, test & Interview will be available on IGRUA website too.
9 . Traveling Allowance to SC/ST : SC/ST candidates selected for WOMBAT Test/ Interview after qualifying the written test will be provided 2nd Class Railway fare to and fro IGRUA, Raebareli from their residence to appear for the interview as per Rules.
10 . How to Apply for WOMBAT – Aptitude Test 2008 : Application should be submitted in prescribed format. (also available in IGRUA website: www.igrua.gov.in). The following documents are required alongwith the application form:-
The following documents are required alongwith the application form:-
- Copy of proof of age (10th class certificate), Mark sheets of 10th & 12th standard and higher qualification, if any, Caste certificate (for SC/ST), all documents attested by Gazetted Officer.
- Three self-attested recent passport size photographs.
- Non-refundable Application fee Rs. 3,000/- by Demand Draft in favour of ‘IGRUA’ drawn on any nationalized Bank payable at New Delhi or Raebareli. Application and WOMBAT (Pilot Aptitude Test) fee is not applicable for SC/ST candidates.
11. Last Date : Last date of receipt of application is 14 June 2008
Apply to :
Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi
4 Administrative Block, Safdarjung Airport,
New Delhi 110 003
Tel: Delhi – 011-24615370, 24655796,
Tel : Raebareli – 0535-2202096, 2808,0535-2441144, 50 & 51
Note: Incomplete application will be rejected without intimation.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.