INSTITUTE FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH (IFMR), CHENNAI
Ranked in the 15 Business Schools in the country and the best in Tamilnadu
ANNOUNCES ADMISSION TO
AICTE Approved Two-year full-time Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management -(PGDBM) And One-year full-time Postgraduate Program in Advanced Finance- (PGPF)
A leading business school with strengths in both research and teaching focusing on the financial sector, IFMR was founded in 1970 as an autonomous institute with backing from ICICI, the House of Kotharis and other major corporates. IFMR has established Centres for Advanced Finance to conduct cutting edge research and training in these areas. IFMR also manages the ICICI Research Centre and sponsors the Journal of Emerging Market Finance. IFMR has been granted affiliation by the University of Madras for students pursuing a PhD in Finance and Economics.
Two-year Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management – (PGDBM)
- AICTE approved
- Two-year full-time course work
- Information Technology (IT) integrated pedagogy
- Includes process based courses such as SCM, CRM, ERP, BPR, etc.
- Develops general management skills through an integrated approach
- Focuses on building interpersonal skills for effective teamwork
- Designed with an international perspective and incorporates best worldwide practices
- 100 percent placement in leading companies
First undergraduates degree (10 + 2 + 3). Candidates appearing for the final year degree examination in the year 2006 may also apply.
One-year Postgraduate Program in Advanced Finance – (PGPF)
- Four terms (12 months) full-time course work.
- Hands-on approach to learning with exercises, cases, simulated trading.
- Tools and techniques relevant to Indian markets.
- Prepares students for treasury, risk, portfolio, management function.
- Class size: Up to twenty students
- A few scholarships are available through the ICICI Research Centre.
- ICICI Bank will absorb Ten of the graduating students.
First Class undergraduate degree (10 + 2 + 3) with a strong mathematics orientation. Candidates appearing for the final year degree examination in the year 2006 may also apply.
Through Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by IIMS for PGDBM program. Candidates for PGPF can apply with GMAT / GRE scores at the 95th percentile or above (test taken after June 2005). IIT students with a CGPA of 8.5 or better can apply without these scores. Short listed candidates will be called for a group discussion and interview. Candidates for the PGPF will also undergo a written test.
HOW TO APPLY:
Common application for both the programs. Application kit available on payment of Rs. 600/- by cash or DD drawn in favor of “Institute for financial Management and Research” payable at Chennai. Application forms are also available on our website. IFMR uses CAT to shortlist candidates for its two-year program. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the program.
Last date for submission of application: November 30, 2005.
For application kit, please write to
Institute for Financial Management & Research
24, Kothari Road, Nungambakkam,
Chennai – 600 034.
Tel: 044 – 28273801.