Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education &Amp; Research, ChandigarhExams Date
Important : Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Chandigarh. MD / MS , DM / M.Ch Admission will be based on ( PGIMER ) Entrance Exam
PGIMER Chadigarh Admission 2019
PGIMER Invites application from Candidates for the admission of MD / MS, DM / M.Ch program for the academic year 2019
PGIMER Chadigarh Eligibility 2019
MD / MS
- Candidates must pass the MBBS examination from the MCI recognized University / Institution.
- Must have either completed, or due to complete, one year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively
- Candidates should register with Central / State Medical Registration Council.
DM / M.Ch
- Candidates must pass MD / MS or its equivalent examination from the MCI recognized university.
- Candidates must register with Central / State Medical Registration Council.
- Candidates should complete 35 years for ( GEN ), 38 years for ( OBC ), 40 years for ( SC / ST, Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officer including ECO, SSCO ) / before 31st December, 2018 ( January session ) & 30th June, 2019 ( July session )
- No age limit for Deputed / Sponsored
PGIMER Chadigarh Seats 2019
Reservation of Seats
Scheduled castes and tribes ( SC / ST )
- Some seats for various MD / MS courses are reserved for candidates belonging to scheduled castes ( SC ), scheduled tribes ( ST ) and other categories, as per instructions from Government of India, provided these candidates fulfill the minimum admission requirements prescribed by the Institute for the purpose. Candidates belonging to scheduled castes and tribes are required to furnish a from the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / First Class Stipendiary Magistrate, Sub-divisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate, Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar, Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and or his family normally resides / Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer ( Lakshdweep Islands ) in support of their claims. The candidates must supply a Hindi / English Translation of their caste certificate along with the application.
Other backward classes ( OBC )
- Reservation for MD / MS candidate from other backward classes ( OBC ) is granted as per notification of Government of India issued vide OM No. 11015 / 1 / 2006- ME P-1 dated 24th April, 2008. The OBC certificate submitted by the candidates should have been issued by the competent authority within one year of the last date of submission of application. OBC certificates issued by the District Magistrate / Deputy Commissioner etc. only will be recognized for this purpose.
Rural area ( RA )
- 5% of the allocated seats which is further bifurcated into six sessions ( three years ) in MD / MS course are reserved for those candidates who have actually worked, are working, or have carried practice in rural area for a minimum of two years on or before 30th June / 31st December for July & January session respectively. Candidate applying under this category is required to furnish certificate from the District Magistrate concerned in support of the claim. The certificate to be furnished by the candidates should certify that he / she served or is actually serving or has carried on private practice in a village, primary health center, or town with less than 5000 population and without Municipal area.
Person with Disability ( PWD )
- 5% seats are reserved for Person with Disability. If the disability involves only one lower limb, it should be a minimum of 50%, and should not exceed 70%. If the disability involves both lower limbs, the total disability should not exceed 70%, with a minimum of 50%. Candidates with disability of lower limbs between 50% and 70% shall be considered. In case candidates are not available in this category, then candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% and 50% may be considered for admission. The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his / her physical disability. The disability certificate should be produced by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the state or Central Government Hospitals / institutions. The constitution of the Medical Board will be one consultant each from disciplines of Orthopedics, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Surgery.
Sponsored / Deputed Candidates
A candidate applying for admission MD / MS as a sponsored / deputed candidate is required to take the print out of the online application form and furnish the following certificates with his / her application through his / her employer / Sponsoring Authority for admission to the course.
- That the candidate concerned shall be employee of the deputing / sponsoring authority and should have been working for three years ( on or before 30th June / 31st December for July & January session respectively ).
- That after getting training at PGIMER, Chandigarh, the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing / sponsoring authority to work for at least five years in the specialty in which training is received by the candidate at the PGIMER.
- That no financial implications, in the form of emoluments / stipend etc. will devolve upon PGIMER, Chandigarh during the entire period of his / her course and such payment shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
Deputation / Sponsorship of any candidate by private hospitals, institutes or nursing homes are not accepted. The sponsoring authority should not nominate more than one candidate for a specialty. Sponsorship / deputation of candidates will be accepted only from the following
- Central or State Government Departments / Institutions
- Autonomous Bodies of the Central or State Government
- Public sector colleges affiliated to universities and recognized by the MCI. In case of candidate deputed / sponsored by the Government Medical College affiliated to Universities and recognized by Medical Council of India, deputation / sponsorship certificate signed by the Principal of Medical College concerned only shall be accepted.
Deputed / Sponsored candidates are also required to appear in the selection test, if selected for admission to any course of the Institute are required to make their own staying arrangement during the period of study.
Foreign nationals ( FN )
- A candidate applying for admission as a Foreign National candidate is required to take the print out of online application form and furnish the relevant certificates required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All foreign nationals will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute, as per their instructions issued vide office no. MCI-202 ( 1 ) ( Gen ) Regn-2010 / 45277 dated 9-12-2010. An advance copy must be submitted at PGIMER, Chandigarh before the last date of receipt of applications, However applications of such candidates will be processed after receipt of the same through diplomatic channels. These candidates are also required to appear in the entrance examination along with other candidates. A separate merit list for these candidates will be prepared within their own group. There will be another separate merit list for Bhutanese nationals, apart from the list for foreign national seats. Selection of candidates will be made on merit based on their performance in the entrance examination. In the event of selection, the candidates have to apply for temporary registration with the Medical Council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
PGIMER Chadigarh Exam Pattern 2019
MD / MS Courses Exam Pattern
- The examination will be organized through offline mode.
- In the theory examination, total 250 questions will be asked.
- The question paper will be of multiple-choice questions ( MCQs ).
- The Duration of examination will be of three hours.
- For each question, one or more of the five options will be correct.
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers.
|Subjects||No. of Questions
|Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||10
|Social and Preventive Medicine||7
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20
DM / M.Ch Courses Exam Pattern
- The examination will be held in offline mode.
- The theory examination will be comprised of a paper with two parts ( Part 1: General & Part 2: Specialty ), each with 40 marks.
- In the examination, multiple choice type questions will be asked.
- The Duration of examination will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In Part 1, each question has four options and a single most appropriate response will be correct & in Part 2, each question has five options and single / multiple correct responses will be correct.
- In Part 1, one mark will be given for the correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking in Part 1.
PGIMER Chadigarh Application Form 2019
- PGIMER 2019 exam application form will be available only through official website: www.pgimer.edu.in
- No other offline mode application form is made available to apply for these courses.
- January Session PGIMER Registration 2019 will start in 6th October, 2018 ( MD / MS )
- Online registration for PGIMER 2019 last date 2nd November, 2018 ( MD / MS )
- Candidates have to upload their scanned photographing a JPEG format. Size of the image should not exceed 50 KB.
- Candidates should keep the print copy of the filled application for further process.
- Candidates who are from Foreign National MUST write three choices of subjects on the printed application form.
- FN & Sponsored category candidates have to submit the application along with required documents at least 15 days before the commencement of the examination to the following address
Academic Section PGIMER,
- Candidate shaves to pay application fees as per courses wise. Keep copies of filled application form for further use.
- Candidates can pay application form fees through online as well as by offline mode.
- PGIMER Registration 2019 ( January Session ) will be started from the first week of 6th October, 2018.
- Candidates, those apply for MD / MS they have to pay [rupee]800/- ( SC / ST ) &[rupee]1000/- ( for all other categories ).
- PwD candidates, those apply for the MD / MS course, they are exempted from the application fee.
- The application fee will be [rupee]1000/- ( For DM / M.Ch courses ).
- The fee payment can be done in offline mode ( Challan ).
- The Challan form will be required to be filled up in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh ( Examination ).
PGIMER Chadigarh Admit Card 2019
- Candidates can get admit card through online mode on official portal.
- No other mode ( post or email ) will be by sending the admit card.
- To download the admit cards candidates have to enter their application number, password & security key.
PGIMER Chadigarh Selection Process 2019
- Candidate must get valid score in entrance examination
- If two or more candidates obtain equal percentile scores, then inter-se merit for selection shall be determined on the following basis
- A candidate who has obtained higher aggregate marks in MBBS examination shall rank higher to a candidate who has obtained lower marks.
- If the aggregate marks obtained in MBBS examination are the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank higher to a candidate who is junior in age.
- An overall merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates appearing in the examination in the theory examination ( irrespective of their category ) will be prepared. Candidates of various categories who secure percentile in the theory examination, as mentioned against each category, will qualify for admission:
- Open ( General ) and Sponsored / Deputed : 55th percentile
- OBC, OPH, SC / ST, Rural Area, Foreign Nationals : 50th percentile
- Bhutanese Nationals : 45th percentile
- Candidates from reserved categories are also eligible to compete for general category seats ( open category ).Thus, in addition to category wise list; a combined General Category merit list of all the candidates will also be prepared.
PGIMER Chadigarh Results 2019
- Candidates can check their result through online mode.
- To check the result candidates have to fill their roll number & date of birth.
- Rank wise & a category wise list will be issued by university those who are selected for counselling.
- On the basis of percentile scores obtained by the candidates in the theory examination, a merit list will be prepared.
PGIMER Chadigarh Counselling 2019
- There will not be any clinical or practical examination. Allocation of various disciplines of MD / MS courses will be done on the basis of a personal counselling, strictly in order of merit in the respective merits lists of the theory examination. The number of candidates to be called for 1st counselling will be three times the total number of seats to be filled for each category of candidates, provided the candidates fulfill the cut-off points mentioned above. The selection will be finalized only after the counselling of the candidates. Any candidate who is absent at the time of counselling will not be considered for admission. However he / she will still be eligible to appear in the second / third counselling. Under exceptional circumstances, if any candidate reports for counselling after his / her turn, he / she will be considered for admission only in the disciplines available at that time. Though the seats will be filled purely on merit basis but 2nd / 3rd counselling will be open as per merit subject to the candidate meet passing criteria in their respective category.
- Unfilled seats of MD / MS courses will be offered to all the candidates category wise as per their merit obtained in the entrance examination. Any candidate who does not get the subject of his / her choice in the 1st & , 2nd counselling can also attend the 2nd & 3rd counselling to get the subject of his / her choice. No penalty will be charged from the candidate who gets selected in another subject after surrendering from the subject in which he / she joined in the 1st &2nd counselling.
- Documents Required at the time of Counselling are following
- Class 10th Passing Certificate
- MBBS Mark Sheet
- MBBS Internship Certificate
- Category Certificate
- MCI Registration Certificate
- The print copy of Filled Application Form ( Paste Photograph on it ).
- Photo ID Proof
- Experience Certificate ( If applicable )
- Age / Date of Birth Certificate
- Fresh OBC Certificate
PGIMER Chadigarh Important Dates 2019
|MD / MS
|1||Start date for for submission of online applications||6th October, 2018
|2||Last date for for submission of online applications||2nd November, 2018
|3||Schedule of entrance examination||25th November, 2018
|4||Admission will be closed on||31st December, 2018
|5||Commencement of classes||January, 2019
|DM / M.Ch
|6||Date of start of filling of online application form||15th October, 2018
|7||Last date for submission of online form and generation of challan||14th November, 2018
|8||Last date of depositing fee by payment gateway||14th November, 2018
|9||Last date of depositing fee only by challan in the bank||16th November, 2018
|10||Date & Time of|
|16th December, 2018
|11||Date & Time of|
|17th December, 2018
|12||Date & Time of|
Clinical / Practical
|19th December, 2018
|13||Date & Time of|
Counselling / Interview
|20th December, 2018
|14||Commencement of classes||January, 2019
Pin- 160 012,