POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH, CHANDIGARH.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION: 7.11.2005 (upto 4.00 PM)
Tentative dates of Examinations
MDS/ House Job (Oral Health Sciences) – 2.12.2005 (Friday)
MD/MS – 10.12.2005 (Saturday)
DM/M.Ch – 15.12.2005 (Thursday)
Applications on the prescribed form are invited for the following Postdoctoral/Postgraduate courses and Ph.D.programme for the academic session starting from 1st January, 2006. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE MADE IN THIS REGARD.
1. First Year Junior Resident (For MD/MS courses)
Anaesthesia(Gen-3, RA-1, Spon-2, FN-1)
Orthopaedics Surgery (Gen-2, ST-1, Spon-1)
Community Medicine (RA-1, Spon-1)
Radiodiagnosis (Gen-2, SC-1)
Dermatology, Venerology & Leprology (Gen-1, OPH-1*, Spon-1)
Radiotherapy (Gen-1, Spon-1)
ENT (Gen-2,ST-1,Spon-1, FN-1)
General Surgery (Gen-7,SC-1,ST-1,RA-1,Spon-2,FN-1)
Medicine (Gen-6, SC-2, OPH-1*, spon-2, FN-1, )
Transfusion Medicine ( Spon-1)
Obst. & Gynaecology (Gen-3,SC-1,Spon-1,FN-1)
Medical Microbiology (Gen-1,Spon-1,FN-1)
Pediatrics (Gen-7, SC-2,Spon-2, FN-1)
Pathology (Gen-1, Spon-2, FN-1)
Pharmacology (Gen-1, Spon-1)
Nuclear Medicine (Gen-1, Spon-1)
* OPH- Orthopaedic Physically Handicapped
2. First Year Junior Residents (House Job) for Oral Health Sciences (Gen-8, SC-2)
Cardiology (Gen-2 )
Clinical Pharmacology (Gen-2 Spon-1 )
Gastroenterology (Gen-2 )
Nephrology (Gen-1 )
Neurology (Gen-2 , )
Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine (Gen-2)
Neurosurgery (Gen-3 , Spon-1 )
Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery (Gen-2)
Plastic Surgery (Gen-1)
Pediatric Surgery (Gen-2 , Spon-1 )
Surgical Gastroenterolgoy (Gen-1)
Urology (Gen- 1, Spon-1)
4. Ph.D. Programme
Anatomy, Biophysics, Comm. Medicine, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology, Experimental Med. & Biotechnology, Gastroenterology, Gen. Surgery, Haematology, Hepatology, Medical Microbiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Orthosurgery, Psychiatry(Cl. Psychology), Parasitology, Pulmonary Medicine, Pediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Pharmacology, Virology, Cytology
5. M.Sc. Medical Technology(Pathology) with Immunopathology-2, Cytology-1, Histopathology-1 as special subject.
6. M.Sc. Medical Technology (Microbiology) with Bacteriology & Mycology-2, Parasitology-2, Virology-2 as special subject.
7. M.Sc. Medical Technology (Pharmacology & Physiology)-1.
8. M.Sc. Medical Technology (Radiology) with Radio-diagnosis-1, Radiotherapy -2 as special subject .
9 Master in Hospital Administration(MHA) – 1 seat ( Spon.)
10. M Sc Pharmacology (SC-1)
11. Post MD Certificate course in Cytopathology (Gen-2, Spon-1)
12. M.Sc. Speech & Hearing (Gen.-1, Spon-1)
13. Post MD Certificate course in Medical Biotechnology (Spon-5)
1. For all courses, where MBBS/BDS is an eligible requirement, the candidate who have made more than one attempt (i.e. have more than one failure, compartment or reappear) during their MBBS/BDS course, are not eligible. For DM/M.Ch., courses, the candidates who have made more than one attempt in MBBS/MD/MS career are not eligible. However, those belonging to Sch. Caste/Tribes with upto two attempts in their MBBS/BDS career will be eligible for MD/MS, and House Job in Oral Health Sciences.
2.The candidates completing internship after 31.12.2005 are not eligible for course No. 1 and 2.
3. The number of seats wherever indicated are provisional and may increase/decrease without any prior notice.
4. The courses at Sr. No. 5 to 9 and 13 are only for Sponsored/Deputed Candidates.
5. A candidate applying for more than one subject/course except category – 1 & 2 is required to submit separate application complete in all respect for each subject/course.
6. The candidates may apply in the form downloadable (for Sr. No. 1,2 and 3) at
http://pgimer.nic.in together with requisite fee by Demand Draft in the name of Director, PGI. The prescribed application forms alongwith prospectus (Brochure of information) are also available from the office of the undersigned either personally on payment of Rs.500/- for general category and Rs.400/- for SC/ST at the counter (Kairon Block, Room No.306) from 10.30 AM to 12.30 P.M. and from 2.30 PM to 3.30 PM on all working days except Saturdays (On Saturdays, forms will be available from 10.30 AM to 12.00 Noon) or by post for which the request must be accompanied with a self addressed thick envelope of size 24 x 15 cm bearing postage stamps of Rs.25/- and Bank Draft preferably from any SBI branch payable at SBI Medical Institute Branch (Code NO.1524), Chandigarh for General Rs.500/- and for SC/ST Rs.400/- (indicating category i.e. General or SC/ST) drawn in favour of the Director, PGI, Chandigarh. However, prospectus for DM/M.Ch. will be available for Rs.500/- only as there is no reservation for the same.
1) It is in the interest of the candidate to send the application through Registered/Speed Post.
2) No request for the supply of form by post will be entertained after 31.10.2005
3) Fee once paid will not be refunded.
Email:email@example.com (Sanjay Jain)