Applications are invited from female candidates for admission to 4 year B.Sc. Nursing Course commencing in August, 2013 at Colleges of Nursing as 3 1/2 years Training of Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course commencing in September 2013 at Schools of Nursing Armed Forces Hospital.
Selected candidates shall execute an agreement / Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service ( MNS ) for 5 years. On successful completion of Nursing Training ( 4 / 3 1/2 years ), the candidates will be granted commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission. They shall have to refund the entire cost of training in the event of withdrawal from the course, termination of training or refusal to accept commission in the MNS, if offered. During training they will be provided will free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend.
AFMC Eligibility Criteria 2013 :
- Female candidates who are unmarried / divorcee / legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- Nationality – Indian.
- Date of Birth : Between 1st August, 1987 and 31st July, 1995 ( Both days inclusive ).
i ) AFMC BSc Nursing Educational Qualification :
Should have passed the complete senior secondary ( 10 +2 ) / equivalent examination as a regular student in the first attempt from a recognized Board / University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology ( as elective subject and not optional ) with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply.
The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying exam with requisite subject and marks before joining the course. Those who have passed such examinations as private students or with compartment in any subject are not eligible.
ii ) Physical Standards for AFMC BSc Nursing Exam 2013 :
Medical fitness will be determined as per Military Standards by Military Authorities. X – Ray examination of Chest and USG ( of abdomen ) will be done.
AFMC BSC Nursing Selection Procedure 2013 :
Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type written test, likely to be held in January, 2013 of 90 minutes duration, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence. The parts of question paper pertaining to Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence will be bilingual. Candidates as per merit on the basis of written test will be called for interview during April, 2013 AFMC Final selection will be based on combined merit of written test and interview, subject to medical fitness.
Medical Examination for AFMC BSc Nursing 2013 :
After the AFMC interview the recommended candidates will appear for medical examination before a Special Medical Board ( SMB ). Candidates declared fit / unfit will be informed by the President of the Medical Board including the procedure of requesting for Appeal / Review Medical Board.
Armed Force Medical College Written Examination Centre 2013 :
Bangalore, Chandimandir, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Danapur, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Jammu, jaipur, Kochi, Kolakata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Secundrabad, Thiruvanathapuram and Vishakapatnam.
If the number of candidates is inadequate / more than the capacity centre, the candidates opting for that centre will be allotted the centre of their second / third choice or any one of the above – mentioned centers as per the administrative feasibility.
AFMC BSc & GNM Application Form 2013 :
- AFMC BSc Nursing Application to be typed in Block letter on A4 size paper as per the format given in this advertisement with passport size photo attested and duly pasted in the space provided.
- Applications received on newspaper cutting or its photocopy will not be accepted.
The list of enclosures to be attached with the AFMC BSc Nursing application is as follows :
- Attested true copy of Matric equivalent certificate.
- Attested true copy of complete Mark Sheet of Senior Secondary ( 10 +2 ) / equivalent exam. In case, subject codes and maximum marks are given on rear side, copy of both side is essential. ( Candidates appearing in qualifying examination ( 10 +2 ) / equiv exam should enclose certificate to the effect mentioning Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry & Biology from the Principal of the school ).
- Attested true copy of Caste Certificate in case of SC / ST candidates only.
- Gap Certificate, in case the time gap between 10th & 12lh class is more than two years, from concerned School / College that candidate passed Sr secondary Exam in the First Attempt as a regular student.
- Three copies of Admit Card on A4 size paper ( good, quality ) with passport size photo ( without attestation ), duly pasted in the space provided. The application is liable to be rejected if the photograph are not pasted / loosely affixed and gets detached while in transit / handling.
- Four self addressed envelope ( good quality ) of size 28cms x 12 cms with Postal stamps of 71 /- ( Rupees seventy only ) be affixed on each envelope.
- In case of widows / divorcees, an affidavtit stating that you are issueless.
- In case of the divorcee, legal document and an affidavit that the matter is not under consideration with the higher court. The documents should be neatly tagged, along with the application. Identical photos taken recently should figure on applications and admit cards and should be pasted and not stapled. Office of DGMS – 4B will not be held responsible for loss of any documents while handling at any stage.
The selection of the candidate for BSc Nursing / GNM course will however be subject to producing of the original mark sheets / certificate of the qualifying examination ( 10 +2 ) or equivalent before final selection and meeting all other AFMC eligibility criteria.
Last Date for AFMC Application Form 2013 :
1 ) Application should reach by October, 2013 to the following Address :
Integrated Headquarters of MoD ( Army ),
Director General of Medical Services ( Army ) / DGMS – 4B,
AG’s Branch, Room No 45,
‘L’ Block Hutments, New Delhi – 110 001.
2 ) AFMC Applications received after the date will be neither opened nor entertained. This office will not be held responsible for any postal delay.
3 ) The aforesaid conditions are subject to modification without notice, if deemed necessary.
4 ) No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates whose applications have been rejected.