Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test – ED CET 2013
EDCET Exam Date 2013
Education Common Entrance Test ( EdCET 2013 ) for the year 2013 will be conducted by Andhra University Visakhapatnam for admission into B.Ed regular course in Colleges of Education in A.P for the academic year 2013 – 2014. Interested eligible candidates may obtain prescribed application form with instructions booklet in person on payment of 150/- in cash from the designated i) Head post offices and (ii) designated Axis Bank Branches in A.P.
|Ed CET Exam Date : 3rd June, 2013 ( Monday )
EDCET Eligibility 2013 :
- The candidates should have passed B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. / B.Sc. ( Home Science ) / B.C.A. / B.B.M. Examination from any University in Andhra Pradesh or a recognized University out side Andhra Pradesh.
- The candidates who are appearing for final year degree examinations in 2013 are also eligible to appear for entrance examination.
- Candidates with at least 50% Marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree or in the Master’s Degree in the relevant subject or any other qualification equivalent there to, are eligible for admission into B.Ed. course. However the candidates belonging to all reserved categories should have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The qualifying mark in the Entrance Test for all candidates is 37 out of 150 ( i.e 25% ). For the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities there will be no qualifying marks for ranking.
- There will be no qualifying marks for women in the subjects of Physical Sciences and Mathematics.
- The candidates should have completed 19 years of age as on 1st July, 2013.
Eligibility Criteria for the Choice of Subject Under Part – C :
- Mathematics : Candidate with B.A. / B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the group subjects or B.C.A. candidates with Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject.
- Physical Sciences : Candidates with B.Sc. who have studied Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences under Part – II group subjects or B.C.A. candidates with Physical Sciences ( Physics and Chemistry ) at intermediate level as group subject.
- Biological Sciences : Candidates with B.Sc. / B.Sc. ( Home Science ) who have studied Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part – II group subjects or B.C.A. candidates with Biological Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.
- Social Studies : All candidates with B.A. / B.Com. / B.B.M. or B.C.A. candidates with Social Sciences at intermediate level as group subject.
- English : Candidates with B.A Special English or M.A. English.
EDCET Exam Centers 2013 :
|Code||Test center name||Code||Test center name|
EDCET Application Form 2013 :
Sale of EDCET 2013 Application Forms :
Prescribed printed application form along with OMR cum ICR application form and information booklet can be had across the counters from all the Head Post Offices and Andhra University Post Offices in the State of A.P. EDCET application forms can also be had from designated main Branches of AXIS Bank outlets in A.P. for details of Branches visit Websites www.andhrauniversity.info, and www.apsche.org.
Submission of Ed CET Applications 2013 :
Filled – in EDCET application forms should be submitted along with relevant documents to the following address :
The Convener, Ed.CET 2013,
Examination Block ( Ground Floor ),
A.U College of Engineering ( A ),
Visakhapatnam – 530 003, A.P.
either in person or by Speed / Registered Post only on or before 4th week of April, 2013.
EDCET Online Application 2013 :
EDCET Online submission will be opened after 2nd week of March, 2013.
Submission of filled in ED CET Online Applications 2013 :
EDCET applications also can be submitted online. However, a copy of Andhra University EDCET application downloaded along with two passport size photographs and D.D. for 150/- drawn from any Nationalized Bank in favor of “The Secretary, APSCHE”, payable at Hyderabad, must be sent to the following address on or before 4th week of April, 2013.
The Convener, Ed.CET 2013,
Examination Block ( Ground Floor ),
A.U College of Engineering ( A ),
Visakhapatnam – 530 003.
For further details on Eligibility, age, syllabi, related instructions and other information visit websites : www.andhrauniversity.info, and www.apsche.org.
Important Dates for EDCET 2013 :
|ED CET Exam Date 2013||3rd June, 2013 ( Friday )|
|Commencement of Sale of Application Forms||2nd week of March, 2013|
|Last date for Receipt of filled in Application Forms||4th week of April, 2013|
|Date of Issue of Hall Tickets||4th week of May, 2013|
- The Convener shall not be in anyway responsible for postal delay or loss in transit etc.
- EDCET applications received after 5.00 P.M. on last date shall not be considered, what so ever may be the reason.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Candidates should carefully go through the information Booklet supplied along with application before filling up the application and OMR cum ICR application form.
- The candidate claiming to be a local candidate of a local University area is as defined in A.P. Educational Institutions ( Regulation of Admission ) order 1974 and amendments there on.
- Mere appearance at the entrance test ( ED CET 2013 ) does not entitle a candidate for admission into B.Ed. course unless the stipulated eligibility conditions are satisfied.
EDCET 2013 Applications Available in Axis Bank :
|S.No||Sol ID||Branch Name||S.No||Sol ID||Branch Name|
|1.||8||Begumpet ( Hyd )||28.||536||Srikakulam|
|2.||68||Secunderabad ( HYD )||29.||538||Chandanagar ( Hyd )|
|3.||69||Vijayawada||30.||554||Ramnagar ( Vizag )|
|9.||193||Kukatpalli ( Hyd )||36.||844||Eluru|
|10.||217||Bhimavaram ( chinamiram )||37.||868||Ramagundam|
|11.||235||Dilsukhnagar ( Hyd )||38.||1001||Mahaboobnagar|
|15.||275||Chittor||42.||1158||Lakshmipuram ( Guntur )|
|16.||289||S.R.Nagar ( Hyd )||43.||1235||Hanumaknoda|
|17.||290||Karimnagar||44.||1381||Nallakunta ( Hyd )|
|19.||292||Warangal||46.||1413||Eluru Road ( Vijayawada )|
|23.||369||Dwarakanagar ( Vizag )||50.||557||MVP Colony|
|24.||370||Himayath nagar ( Hyd )||51.||1411||Gopalapatnam|
|25.||425||Srinagar colony ( Hyd )||52.||1730||Anakapalle|
EDCET 2013 Applications Available in Post Office :
|S.No||Name of Office||Pin Code||S.No||Name of Office||Pin Code|
EDCET Syllabus 2013 :
The common entrance test will be of objective type ( multiple choice ) examination. Candidate has to answer 150 questions in two hours time.
Part – A : General English – 25 questions for 25 marks
Part – B :
- General Knowledge – 15 questions for 15 marks
- Teaching Aptitude – 10 questions for 10 marks
Part – C : Methodology : Candidate has to choose one of the following subjects. It consists of 100 questions for 100 marks.
- Mathematics – 100 questions for 100 marks
- Physical Sciences – 100 questions for 100 marks
- Physics – 50 questions for 50 marks
- Chemistry – 50 questions for 50 marks
- Biological Sciences – 100 questions for 100 marks
- Botany – 50 questions for 50 marks
- Zoology – 50 questions for 50 marks
- Social Studies – 100 questions for 100 marks
- Geography – 35 questions for 35 marks
- History – 30 questions for 30 marks
- Civics – 15 questions for 15 marks
- Economics – 20 questions for 20 marks
- English – 100 questions for 100 marks
Note : Part – A and Part – B are common for all the candidates irrespective of Methodology chosen in Part – C.
Syllabus for the subjects under Part – A, Part – B and Part – C of the Education Common Entrance Test 2013.
Part – A : General English
- Reading Comprehension.
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling.
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
Part – B : General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general knowledge of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific outlook as is expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring Countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
- Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with Children, ability to recognise individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence. One who has these characteristics will be able to become a good teacher after training. Questions relating to these aspects will be included to test one’s teaching aptitude.
Part – C : One of the following subjects to be opted :
- Mathematics ( MS )
- Physical Sciences ( Physics and Chemistry ) ( PS )
- Biological Sciences ( Botany and Zoology ) ( BS )
- Social Studies ( Geography, History, Civics and Economics ) ( SS )
For these four subjects Syllabus shall be of graduation level ( revised common core degree syllabus ) visit www.andhrauniversity.info
- English [ Special English in B.A. ]
Note : The Syllabus for Part C for Subject : English shall cover
a) Syllabus pertaining to English for Classes VIII, IX and X and that for the Two-Year Intermediate course of A.P – 50 Questions ( 50 Marks )
- Language functions
- Elements of Phonetics
- Phrasal Verbs ( idioms )
- Writing skills
- Study skills
- Reference skills
b) Syllabus prescribed for Optional English at B.A. Degree Level ( B.A.Special English ) / Modern Literature Syllabus in English – 50 Questions ( 50 marks )
Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test 2013 Result has been declared.
EDCET Exam Date 2013 – EDCET Eligibility 2013 – EDCET Application Form 2013 – EDCET Online Application Form 2013 – EDCET Exam Centers 2013 – EDCET Important Dates 2013 – EDCET Application Availability 2013 – EDCET Syllabus 2013
Exams Date Related : EDCET Entrance Exam Date 2013, ED CET 2013 Application Form, EDCET 2013 Exam Schedule, Andhra University Education Common Entrance Test – ED CET 2013, EDCET Exam Details 2013, EDCET 2013 Entrance Exam Centers, EDCET Application Form Availability 2013, ED CET 2013 Notification, EdCET Online Application Submission 2013, EDCET 2013 Exam Syllabus, EDCET Application Form Last Date 2013, Important Dates for EdCET 2013, AP EDCET Exam Date 2013, EDCET Forms 2013, EdCET 2013 Examination Date, ED CET 2013 Entrance Exam Date, EDCET 2013 Eligibility Criteria, Availability of EDCET Application Form 2013, EDCET 2013 Application Available in Bank, ED CET 2013 Application Available in Post office, ED CET Entrance Test 2013, ED CET Entrance Test Centers 2013, ED CET Admission 2013,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for andhra university education common entrance test – ed cet 2013 by amala