Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Training School – All India Written ExaminationExams Date »
BARC Training School Examination 2021
BARC invites application from candidates for admission to the Engineering courses for the acadmic session 2021
BARC Course Eligibility 2021
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. ( Engineering ) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in one of the engineering disciplines.
- It is to be noted that there is no Training discipline called ‘Nuclear Engineering’ and applicants with a degree in ‘Nuclear Engineering’ will be allotted RSE at the the BARC Training School, Mumbai or ME or CH at the BARC Training Schools at Mumbai, Kalpakkam or NFC-Hyderabad, as their Training Scheme.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score must have a valid GATE-2020 or GATE-2021 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline. The applicable GATE subjects are listed.
- Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Automotive, Industrial Production, Automative, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics / Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electro chemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechatronics, etc. are not eligible.
Physics Discipline ( code PH ) :
- M.Sc. in Physics / Applied Physics with Physics and Mathematics at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. or B.E. / B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree.
- M. Sc. candidates ( other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree ) must additionally have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in B.Sc.
- Physics postgraduate applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2020 or GATE-2021 Score in Physics.
- Applicants having B.E. / B.Tech. in ‘Engineering Physics as qualifying degree can apply on the basis of a valid GATE-2020 or GATE-2021 Score either in Physics or in ‘Engineering Sciences’.
Chemistry Discipline ( code CY ) :
- M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc.
- All candidates ( other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree ) must additionally have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in B.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2020 or GATE-2021 Score in ‘Chemistry’
Bio sciences Discipline ( code BS ) :
- M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. ( except for 5-year integrated M.Sc. ); or B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. ( Tech ) only in Food Technology with minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- M.Sc. applicants should have studied one out of Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry as a subject at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5- year integrated M.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2020 or GATE-2021 Score in ‘Life Sciences’ or in ‘Biotechnology’.
- Those having M.Sc. with specialization in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology, Bioanalytical Sciences, Bioinformatics and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering / Biomedical Engineering are not eligible.
Radio logical Safety Engineering ( code RSE ) :
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc.( Engg. ) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. in Nuclear Engineering / Nuclear Technology / Nuclear Science & Technology with minimum of 60% aggregate marks or M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc.
- Eligible M.Sc. candidates must have passed in Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc.
- All science postgraduate candidates ( other than those applying with a five-year integrated M.Sc. degree ) must additionally have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in B. Sc.
Geology Discipline ( Code GE ) :
- M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B. Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc., or 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geological Technology.
- Eligible candidates must have two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. / 5-year integrated M.Tech., with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc./ M.Tech.
- All eligible candidates ( other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech. degree ) must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in B. Sc. also.
- Additionally, eligible candidates must have passed Mathematics in Std. XII.
- All applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2020 or GATE-2021 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
Geophysics Discipline ( Code GP ) :
- M.Sc. in Geophysics / Applied Geophysics or 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geophysical Technology.
- Eligible candidates must have Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and /or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.Tech., with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in M.Sc. / M.Tech.
- All eligible candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech. degree ) must have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in B.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2020 or GATE-2021 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
- Those having M.Sc. ( by research ) or Ph.D. are not eligible.
Admission to DGFS:
- Candidates having a qualifying degree in the Engineering disciplines ( ME, CH, MT, EE, EC, CS, IN & CE ) or in Physics ( PH ) and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they are selected for OCES-2021 and additionally secure admission for M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. starting in the academic year 2021 in select Institutes and in specializations.
- Confirmation of M.Tech. / M.Chem.Engg. admission should be communicated by 4th July , 2021.
- Securing admission in one of the valid M. Tech. specializations at one of the DGFS Institutes along with Selection for OCES, does not guarantee the award of a DGFS Fellowship as DGFS is offered as per the needs of DAE’s programs and only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC – 29 years,
- SC/ST – 31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 ( Dep1984 ) – 31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989 ( Dom Kashmir ) – 31 years.
- Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.
- Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicants working in Central or State Governments or their Units / PSUs / Aided Institutes should produce a No Objection Certificate ( NOC ) from their organization at the time of Selection Interview, failing which they may not be interviewed.
BARC Application Form 2021
- Candidates have to fill up the Online Application form provided on this website: barc.gov.in.
- Candidates need to register through ‘Apply Online’ link by providing essential information like name, mother’s name, date of birth, e-mail id and a preferred login id. It may be noted that the details provided at this stage cannot be modified later on, and hence the candidates are advised to be careful in entering the details.
- Upon successful registration, the candidates can activate their account either through the OTP sent to their registered mobile number or through the Activation link sent to the candidates’ registered email id. Once the candidate’s account is activated, he / she can subsequently log in multiple times through ‘Candidate’s Login’ link to fill in the Online Application form. While filling the form, the candidates are required to upload their recent
- passport sized photograph ( 4.5×3.5cm ) in JPG format (of size not more than 50 kb ) and a scanned copy of their signature ( 2×4.5cm, in JPG format with size not exceeding 20 kb ).
- After filling in all the required details, the candidates who are required to pay the Application Fee ( ₹ 500 plus applicable bank charges ) may make Online payment using net banking / debit card / credit card. On clicking on the “Make Payment” button in the payment page, the candidate is taken to the SBI Payment Gateway through which they can pay the application fee using any of the payment modes listed above.
- If the payment is successful, the candidates can proceed to final submission stage and complete their application. The candidates must make the payment of Application Fee only once and no requests for refund of Application Fee will be entertained from any candidate. Finally, the candidates need to submit the filled form. Please note that no modifications / alterations would be permitted in the application form after final submission.
- Hence the candidates are advised to verify the correctness and adequacy of the information filled by them before the final submission. It is to be noted that only applications where ‘Final Submission’ process has been completed before the last date will be considered valid applications.
- Candidates have the following options available: Final Submission” – On clicking this button, the details of the candidate are submitted and a Registration Number is generated for the candidate. If the candidate wishes to do some modification before final submission, he / she is advised to click the “Home” link provided on the top of the page. However, it must be noted that the candidate must click the Final Submission button after the modification.
- A unique Registration Number will be generated for every candidate who has completed the Final Submission process, which must be used for all future correspondence.
- The candidates who wish to apply for screening on the basis of GATE-2021 Score are required to fill in their GATE details after declaration of the GATE results, whereas those wishing to apply on the basis of a GATE-2021 Score must upload their GATE Score during the Application Process.
- Applicants with a GATE-2021 Score must register and fill in all details relevant to the admission process, prior to the declaration of GATE-2021 results, and before the last date 05th February, 2021 for the same. No new applications, on the basis of a GATE score or otherwise, will be accepted after 05th February 2021. Once the GATE 2021 results are declared, these candidates are allowed to upload their GATE score and GATE marks on this portal for a limited period of time. Candidates must enter their GATE score and GATE marks carefully.
Note: Candidates need not send any documents such as proof of age, proof of category, proof of application fee payment etc. or hard copy application.
- A non-refundable Application Fee of ₹ 500/- is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories.
- Woman candidates, candidates belonging to SC / ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action ( DODPKIA ) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
BARC Selection Process 2021
- Selection to OCES / DGFS – 2021 is a two-step process : Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short-listed candidates. There is a separate Selection Process for each of the disciplines in except for Radio logical Safety Engineering ( RSE ) which is not a separate discipline but an additional Training Scheme option for applicants in Nuclear Engineering, Physics and Chemistry disciplines.
- There is no separate Training Scheme called ‘Nuclear Engineering’ and selected candidates belonging to ‘Nuclear Engineering’ ( NE ) will be allotted RSE or Mechanical or Chemical as their Training Scheme.
Basis of Online Examination:
- Online Examination will be conducted in March-April, 2021 in each of the nine Engineering disciplines and five Science disciplines in more than forty cities spread across India.
- Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
- Candidates who register for the Online Examination will be allotted one of their three preferred examination centres, subject to availability. Allocation of slot to candidates for taking the Online Examination will be done on a first come, first served basis.
- All candidates appearing for the BARC Online Examination will be awarded a BARC Online Examination Score as per the methodology outlined in Annexure-1. Shortlisting of these candidates for Selection Interview will be based on this Online Examination Score.
Basis of Gate score:
- Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of a valid GATE- 2020 or GATE-2021 score in the applicable GATE subject. Applicants with a degree in ‘Nuclear Engineering’ will be screened in only on the basis of Online Examination to be conducted in March, 2021.
Candidates may note the following:
- At the time of application, candidates can choose any one or both of the above screening options. As the cutoff GATE scores for screening in to Selection Interviews will be finalized only after the conclusion of the Online Examination, candidates are advised to maximize their chance of being screened in to the Selection Interview by availing both the Screening Channels ( GATE score as well as Online Examination ) detailed above.
- Candidates who opt for screening through Online Examination will be allotted an examination centre of their choice, subject to availability. Alerts by email as well as SMS will be sent to all candidates who have opted for the Online Examination on their registered email addresses and mobile numbers as well as announced on this website, after allotment of examination slots. Examination slots will be allocated on first come, first served basis, subject to availability. Candidates are advised to visit this website regularly for updates regarding this.
- The candidates who have opted for screening only on the basis of a GATE Score will not be allotted an examination slot for the Online Examination.
- Students graduated / graduating with a Masters Degree from University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences ( UM-DAE CBS ) and National Institute of Science Education and Research ( NISER ), Bhubaneswar in the academic year 2020-2021- / 2020-2021, and whose Cumulative Grade Performance Average ( CGPA ) is greater than or equal to 7.5 on a scale of 10 will directly be screened into the Selection Interview stage, provided they meet all other eligibility requirements of the OCES / DGFS-2021 program. It is to be noted that this option of being screened in based on CGPA can be exercised only once. Such candidates should first submit their application for the OCES / DGFS-2020 program on the Online Application Portal and subsequently forward their details through the Directors of their institutes.
- Other Opportunities : Candidates applying for OCES / DGFS-2021 may also be considered for direct recruitment in Electronics Corporation of India Ltd. ( ECIL ). Such candidates will be governed by stipendiary norms of ECIL and terms and service conditions of ECIL on absorption. A merit list created out of the Selection Interview Marks may also be used to offer admission to M.Sc. ( Engg. ) / Ph.D. or Diploma in Radio logical Physics programs of BARC under the aegis of HBNI in the academic year 2020-21. Students admitted to the M.Sc. ( Engg. ) / Ph.D. program will be paid a Fellowship / Stipend for the duration of their academic program. No permanent employment with DAE is assured to such Research Fellows.
Selection Interviews :
- Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai ( in all disciplines except Geology and Geophysics ) and Hyderabad ( in Geology and Geophysics ). Outstation applicants will be paid two-way normal AC-III tier train fare, from their registered residential address, by shortest route or actual fare whichever is less.
- Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May-June, 2021. Short-listed candidates will be able to choose an Interview slot based on availability in April, 2021. Alerts by email as well as SMS will be sent to all candidates who have been short-listed for Selection Interview on their registered email addresses and mobile numbers as well as announced on this website, prior to commencement of the Interview slot booking process. Candidates are advised to visit this website regularly for updates regarding this.
- Final Selection for the OCES / DGFS-2021 programs will be based solely on performance in Selection Interview, subject to medical fitness. A list of provisionally ( subject to medical fitness) selected candidates will be displayed on this website in the last week of June, 2021. The selected candidates will also be informed about their Selection by email and SMS.
- Candidates selected for OCES-2021, who have obtained admission for applicable M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. programs in DGFS Institutes and who wish to be considered for DGFS, must provide details of their M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. admission by July 2021.
BARC Important Dates 2021
|1.||Launching of Online Application portal for OCES / DGFS - 2019||1st January, 2019|
|2.||Last Date For Registration For Online Application||11th February, 2019|
|3.||Last Date For Submission Online Application||12th February, 2019|
|4.||Download Of Admit Card For Online Examination||26th February, 2019|
|5.||Online Examination||28th March,to 3rd April, 2019|
|6.||Last Date For Candidates upload their Gate score||2nd April,2019|
|7.||Display of List Candidates short- listed for interview on Online Application Portal||18th April,2019|
|8.||Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||20th to 25th April, 2019|
|9.||Selection Interviews||16th May, to 15th June,2019|
|10.||Display of List Candidates Finally Selected for OCES-2019 on Online Application Portal||Last week of June, 2019|
|11.||Last Date for Selected OCES-2019 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give Details of M.Tech / M.Chem. Engg.admission to a DGFS institute||4th July, 2019|
|12.||Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2019 on Online Application Portal||2nd week of July, 2019|
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Trombay,Mumbai – 400 085, India.
Telephone : +91-22-25505050 / 25592000,
Fax :+91-22-25505151 / 25519613,
Website : barc.gov.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.