Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) – BITSAT 2007
Pilani (Rajasthan) 333 031
BITSAT – 2007
A computer based online test for admission to Integrated first degree programmes; 1 Semester 2007 – 08
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (Bits) Pilani is a University established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide notification No.F.12-23/63, U-2, dated 18th June, 1964 of the Govt. of India. It is an all-India Institute for higher education for men and women, fully residential, and awards its own degrees. Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of Bits, Pilani, at Pilani campus and Goa Campus, for the academic year 2007-08 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by Bits, Pilani. The test will be called ‘Bits Admission Test-2007’, in short as Bitsat – 2007.
BITSAT: Salient Features
- The candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the monitor and the candidate submits his answers through the use of key board or mouse.
- The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the test, in real time through a reliable connectivity.
- The online tests are conducted at several centers in India, during May-June every year
- Candidate can choose the center, the date and time for the test, as per his/her convenience, while applying for the tests.
- The advertisement calling for applications are normally released in December.
- The score is made available to the candidate on the screen immediately after the test and thus is designed to be transparent.
- The test will have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Proficiency and Logical reasoning parts and is of 3 hours duration.
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions) and based on NCERT syllabus.
- The test is so designed that it doesn’t require the candidate to have any special computer skill.
- A sample test is made available to the registered candidates at the BITS Website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
- The questions are selected at random from a large question bank. Different candidates will get different question sets, but of same difficulty level and content.
- BITSAT uses latest technologies for security and test delivery. The architecture uses high end servers, Microsoft software platform, firewalls and Virtual private networks.
Integrated First Degree Programmes to which admissions will be made on the basis of Bitsat – 2007:
(i) at Bits, Pilani – Pilani Campus: B.E. (Hons.): Chemical; Civil; Computer Science; Electrical and Electronics; Electronics & Instrumentation; Mechanical; B.Pharm. (Hons.): M.Sc. (Hons): Biological Sciences; Chemistry; Economics; Mathematics; Physics; and M.Sc. (Tech.): General Studies; Engineering Technology; Finance; Information Systems.
(ii) At Bits, Pilani – Goa Campus: B.E. (Hons.): Chemical; Computer Science; Electrical and Electronics; Electronics & Instrumentation; Mechanical; M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences; Chemistry; Economics; Mathematics; Physics; and M.Sc.(Tech.): Information Systems.