CDAC Common Admission Test – CDAC CAT 2015
CDAC CAT 2015 Entrance Exam
CDAC CAT 2015 Entrance Exam
CDAC Common Admission Test ( CCAT ) 2015 for PG Diploma Courses admission to Advanced Computing Training School ( ACTS ) of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing ( CDAC ) to be held on 7th December, 2014 and 14th December, 2014.
CDAC CAT Entrance Exam 2015 Date
|CDAC CAT 2015 Exam Date : 07th December, 2014 and 14th December, 2014|
CDAC offers the following Post Graduate Diploma courses in areas of advanced computing :
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing ( PG – DAC )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Wireless and Mobile Computing ( PG – DWiMC )
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems and Security ( PG – DITISS )
- Post Graduate Diploma in VLSI Design ( PG – DVLSI )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Informatics ( PG – DHI )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrated VLSI and Embedded Systems Design ( PG – DIVESD )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Automation and SCADA Systems ( PG – DASS )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems Design ( PG – DESD )
- Post Graduate Diploma in System Software Development ( PG – DSSD )
CDAC CAT 2015 Eligibility Criteria
Common Eligibility Criteria for all the PG Diploma Courses of C DAC Eligibility :
- Graduate in Engineering or equivalent ( e.g. BE / BTech / 4 year BSc / AMIE / DoEACC B Level, etc. ) in Electronics / Computer Science / IT or related areas OR
- Post Graduate in Engineering Sciences ( e.g. MSc in Computer Science, IT, Electronics, etc. )
In addition to the common eligibility criteria given above, candidates with the course-specific qualifications mentioned in Table 1 are also Eligible for the particular course. Minimum percentage of marks required in the qualifying examination is also stated in Table
1. The minimum percentage of marks will be considered as per the norms of the university from where the candidate has graduated.
C-DAC’s PG Diploma courses, their fees and eligibility criteria :
|Course Code||Course Name||Fees ( Rs )||CDAC CAT Eligibility||Min.%|
|Category I ( Section A in C-CAT )|
|PG-DGi||Post Graduate Diploma in Geoinformatics||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Physics / Computational Sciences / Applied Sciences / Geography/ Geology / Mathematics or allied areas.||50%|
|PG-DHI||Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Informatics||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Physics / Computational Sciences / Life Sciences / Chemistry / Mathematics or allied areas ( OR ) Graduate ( minimum 4 year ) in Medical / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical Sciences.||50%|
|Category II ( Section A+B in C-CAT )|
|PG-DAC||Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Graduate in any discipline of Engineering or equivalent ( OR ) Post Graduate in Physics / Computational Sciences / Computing / Mathematics or allied areas ( OR ) Post Graduate in Management with graduation degree in Science.||50%|
|PG-DWiMC||Post Graduate Diploma in Wireless & Mobile Computing||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Mathematics or allied areas.||50%|
|PG-DSSD||Post Graduate Diploma in System Software Development||69,000||Common eligibility criteria||55%|
|PG-DITISS||Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security||69,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Mathematics or allied areas.||55%|
|Category III ( Sections A+B+C IN C-CAT )|
|PG-DESD||Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems Design||69,000||Common eligibility criteria||55%|
|PG-DVLSI||Post Graduate Diploma in VLSI Design||79,000||Common eligibility criteria||55%|
|PG-DIVESD||Post Graduate Diploma in Integrated VLSI & Embedded Systems Design||79,000||Common eligibility criteria||55%|
|PG-DASS||Post Graduate Diploma in Automation & SCADA Systems||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Mathematics or allied areas.||55%|
Highlights of CDAC CAT 2015 PG Diploma Courses
- Well established courses with excellent placement records.
- 24 week full – time courses with 900 hours’ theory / lab / project.
- 8 hours per day theory + lab sessions on 6 days a week in most centres.
- Courses designed and developed in consultation with the domain experts in C-DAC, academia and ICT industry.
- Syllabus regularly updated with the latest trends in the ICT industry.
- Expert faculty from C-DAC and ICT industry with extensive domain knowledge.
- Well equipped computer labs that can be accessed round the clock in many centres.
- Tutorials and hands-on relevant to the standards of the ICT industry.
- Training on aptitude and soft skills.
- Placement assistance and region-wise common campus placements.
CDAC CAT 2015 Exam Pattern
CDAC CAT 2015 will be conducted in the form of three objective type test papers as following :
- Section – A ( English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning )
- Section – B ( Computer Fundamentals, C Programing, Data Structures, Data Communications and Networks, Object Oriented Programing, Operating Systems )
- Section – C ( Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics and Microprocessors )
As shown in Table 2, depending on the course(s) applied by the candidate, he / she will have to either appear for just one test paper (Section A) or two test papers (Section A and Section B) or all the three test papers (Section A, Section B and Section C). The medium of C-CAT is English.
Every section will have 50 objective – type questions of 3 marks each ( maximum 150 marks for any one section ). Each objective – type question in C-CAT will have four choices as possible answers of which only one will be correct. There will be +3 ( plus three ) marks for each correct answer and -1 ( minus one ) for each wrong answer. Multiple answers to a question will be treated as a wrong answer. For each un – attempted question, 0 ( zero ) mark will be awarded.
CDAC Common Admission Test Admissions to all PG Diploma courses of C-DAC are done through C-DAC’s Computerised Common Admission Test ( C-CAT ). Candidates have to apply for C-CAT online at www.cdac.in or acts.cdac.in. Every year, C-CAT is usually conducted in June ( for August admissions ) and December ( for February admissions ). Candidates who clear the December 2014 C-CAT will only be considered for admission to C-DAC’s PG Diploma courses of February, 2015 batch on the basis of their C-CAT ranks and centre / course preferences.
CDAC CAT 2015 Exam Schedule
The schedule for different test papers of C-CAT 2015
C-CAT for admission to the February, 2015 batch of PG Diploma courses will be held on 7th December, 2014 and 14th December, 2014. Candidates may choose one of these dates as per their convenience / availability while filling the online application.
|C-CAT Date||Test Paper||Morning Slot Timings||Afternoon Slot Timings|
|07th December, 2014 and 14th December, 2014||Section - A||9:30 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.||2:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.|
|Section - B||10:45 A.M. – 11:45 P.M.||3:15 P.M. to 4:15 P.M.|
|Section - C||12:00 P.M. – 1:00 P.M.||4:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.|
CDAC CAT 2015 Exam Centres
C-CAT will be conducted in computerized mode in various cities across India. The list of cities where C-CAT will be conducted in December, 2014 is given in Table 5a and 5b.C-CAT centres will be allocated to candidates on a first-come, first-served basis of application, depending on the centres’ seating capacity and availability.
Cities where C-CAT will be conducted in 7th December, 2014.
|Navi Mumbai||New Delhi||Noida||Pune|
Cities where C-CAT will be conducted on 14th December, 2014.
|Navi Mumbai||New Delhi||Noida||Patna|
The C-CAT date and city once selected in the online application form cannot be changed unless approved in writing by C-DAC, subject to availability of seats in requested city. All such signed letters of requests with valid reasons should be received at before the last date of application.
C-DAC ACTS, 3rd Floor,
RMZ Westend Centre 3,
Westend IT Park, Aundh,
Pune – 411007.
CDAC CAT 2015 Application Procedure
Candidates may apply for C-CAT 2015 “online” at www.cdac.in. While filling the application form, candidate needs to upload his / her passport size photograph. Candidates are advised to download and take print out of their filled application forms for future reference.
a) CDAC CAT 2015 Application Fee : For candidates who opt ( in the online application ) to use their own laptops for C-CAT, the basic application fee for C-CAT is 1000/-. In addition, 100/- is charged for every PG Diploma course opted in the online application. A computer usage charge of 200 will get added to this fee if the candidate opts ( in the online application ) to use the computers of the C-CAT centre.
After filling the online application form, the application fee may be paid online OR in cash through the ‘Make Payment’ step on the main menu of the online application. No cheque or demand draft (DD) will be accepted towards payment of C-CAT application fees.
b) CDAC CAT Payment Mode
- C-CAT 2015 Online Mode : The application fee can be paid using both credit and debit cards through the payment gateway provided along with the online application. Candidates are advised to follow the instructions / steps given therein, and also print/keep the transaction details for their records.
- Cash : The application fee can also be paid in cash at any of the C-DAC centres or C-DAC’s Authorised Training Centres ( ATC ) listed in Tables 6a and 6b. After filling the online application, the applicant should print the form and submit it personally along with the fee ( in cash ) at any of the C-DAC training centres on or before the last date of application.In case of cash payment,candidates are advised to collect the payment and city selection status receipt before leaving the training centre.
Important Notes :
- Application forms and cash sent by post/courier will not be accepted at any of the C-DAC training centres.
- Candidates are advised to view the seat availability for C-CAT at various cities before paying the application fee through cash or online.
- Candidates facing any issues during online payment may contact C-DAC ACTS Pune through phone ( 020-25503100 ) or email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
CDAC CAT 2015 Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit cards from C-DAC’s website during the dates mentioned under Important Dates. No candidate will be permitted to appear for C-CAT without a valid admit card. The admit card along with a photo identity proof must be presented to the C-CAT officials / invigilators for verification at the time of the test.
The venue, date and time of C-CAT will be communicated to the candidates on the admit cards. Candidates must appear for C-CAT on the specified date and time at the venue mentioned on the admit card. Candidates who have opted to use their own laptops for CCAT must configure their laptops well in advance as per the instructions given on the Admit Cards.
CDAC CAT 2015 Important Dates
|Beginning of Online Registration and Application for C-CAT||26th October, 2014|
|Closing of Online Registration & Application, and Payment of Application Fee for C-CAT||27th November, 2014|
|Downloading of C-CAT Admit Cards||4th 11th December, 2014|
|C-DAC's 2015 Common Admission Test ( C-CAT )||7th December, 2014 and 14th December, 2014|
|nnouncement of C-CAT Ranks||24th December, 2014|
|C-DAC Online Selection of Course and Centre ( 1st Counselling )||24th December, 2014 - 2nd January, 2015|
|Declaration of First Round of Seat Allocation||6th January, 2015|
|Last Date of Payment of 10,000/- for candidates allocated seats through the first round||15th January, 2015|
|Declaration of Second Round of Seat Allocation||21st January, 2015|
|C-DAC Online Selection of Course and Centre ( 2nd Counselling )||21st - 28th January, 2015|
|Last Date of Payment of 10,000/- for candidates allocated seats through the second round||28th January, 2015|
|Declaration of Third Round of Seat Allocation ( Based on 2nd Counselling )||3rd February, 2015|
|Last Date of Payment of 10,000/- for candidates allocated seats through the third round||10th February, 2015|
|Last Date of Payment of Balance Course Fees||17th February, 2015|
|Registration of Students at Training Centres||17th February, 2015|
|Commencement of the PG Diploma Courses||18th February, 2015|
CDAC Common Entrance Test 2015 – Eligibility Criteria for CDAC 2015 – CDAC Common Entrance Test Centres 2015 – CDAC DESD Programs 2015 – CDAC Entrance Exam Centres 2015.
Exams Date Related : CDAC CAT 2015 Entrance Exam, CDAC CAT 2015 Exam Date, CDAC Common Admission Test 2015, CDAC Common Admission Test – CDAC CAT 2015, CDAC CAT 2015 Exam Schedule, CDAC CAT 2015 Notification, CDAC CAT 2015 Eligibility Criteria, CDAC CAT 2015 Marks Eligibility, CDAC CAT 2015 Application Form, CDAC CAT 2015 Application Form Last Date, CDAC CAT 2015 Application Form Availability, CDAC CAT 2015 Application Form Download, CDAC CAT 2015 Important Dates, CDAC CAT 2015 Exam Pattern, CDAC CAT 2015 Exam Centres, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing 2015 CAT Date, CDAC 2015 CAT Entrance Exam Details, CDAC CAT 2015 Admission Test Date, CDAC CAT 2015 Age Relaxation, CDAC CAT 2015 Application Form Submission, CDAC CAT 2015 Application Form Fee, CDAC CAT 2015 Exam Scheme, CDAC 2015 Common Entrance Test Centres, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing 2015 CAT Brochure,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for cdac common admission test – cdac cat 2015 by amala