CDAC Common Admission Test – CDAC CAT 2014
CDAC CAT 2014 Entrance Exam
CDAC CAT 2014 Entrance Exam
CDAC Common Admission Test ( CCAT ) 2014 for PG Diploma Courses admission to Advanced Computing Training School ( ACTS ) of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing ( CDAC ) to be held on 08th December, 2013 and 15th December, 2013.
CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Date
|CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Date : 08th December, 2013 and 15th December, 2013|
CDAC offers the following Post Graduate Diploma courses in areas of advanced computing :
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing ( PG-DAC )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Wireless and Mobile Computing ( PG-DWiMC )
- Post Graduate Diploma in VLSI Design ( PG-DVLSI )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems Design ( PG-DESD )
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems and Security ( PG-DITISS )
- Post Graduate Diploma in System Software Development ( PG-DSSD )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Automation and SCADA Systems ( PG-DASS )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrated VLSI and Embedded Systems ( PG-DIVESD )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Informatics ( PG-DHI )
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geoinformatics ( PG-DGi )
CDAC CAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria
Centre of Development of Advanced Computing 2014 CAT Common Eligibility
- Graduate in Engineering or equivalent ( e.g. BE / BTech / 4year BSc Engineering / AMIE / AIETE / AMIETE / DoEACC B Level, etc. ) in Electronics / Electrical / Computer Science / IT or related areas ( OR )
- Post Graduate in Engineering Sciences ( e.g. MCA / MSc Engineering / MSc ( CS, IT, EE, Electronics, Instrumentation, etc.))
Category – wise listing of PG Diploma courses, their fees and Eligibility Criteria
|Course Code||Course Name||Fees ( Rs )||CDAC CAT Eligibility||Min.%|
|Category I ( Section A in C-CAT )|
|PG-DGi||Post Graduate Diploma in Geoinformatics||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Physics / Computational Sciences / Applied Sciences / Geography/ Geology / Mathematics or allied areas.||50%|
|PG-DHI||Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Informatics||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Physics / Computational Sciences / Life Sciences / Chemistry / Mathematics or allied areas ( OR ) Graduate ( minimum 4 year ) in Medical / Biomedical / Pharmaceutical Sciences.||50%|
|Category II ( Section A+B in C-CAT )|
|PG-DAC||Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Graduate in any discipline of Engineering or equivalent ( OR ) Post Graduate in Physics / Computational Sciences / Computing / Mathematics or allied areas ( OR ) Post Graduate in Management with graduation degree in Science.||50%|
|PG-DWiMC||Post Graduate Diploma in Wireless & Mobile Computing||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Mathematics or allied areas.||50%|
|PG-DSSD||Post Graduate Diploma in System Software Development||69,000||Common eligibility criteria||55%|
|PG-DITISS||Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security||69,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Mathematics or allied areas.||55%|
|Category III ( Sections A+B+C IN C-CAT )|
|PG-DESD||Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems Design||69,000||Common eligibility criteria||55%|
|PG-DVLSI||Post Graduate Diploma in VLSI Design||79,000||Common eligibility criteria||55%|
|PG-DIVESD||Post Graduate Diploma in Integrated VLSI & Embedded Systems Design||79,000||Common eligibility criteria||55%|
|PG-DASS||Post Graduate Diploma in Automation & SCADA Systems||79,000||Common eligibility criteria ( OR ) Post Graduate in Mathematics or allied areas.||55%|
Highlights of CDAC CAT 2014 PG Diploma Courses
- Well established courses with excellent placement records.
- 24-week full-time courses with 900 hours’ theory / lab / project.
- Courses designed and developed in consultation with the domain experts in CDAC, academia and ICT industry.
- Syllabus regularly updated with the latest trends in the ICT industry.
- Expert faculty from CDAC and ICT industry with extensive domain knowledge.
- Well equipped laboratory that can be accessed 24 hours in many centres.
- Tutorials and hands – on relevant to the standards of the ICT industry.
- Placement assistance and region – wise common campus placements.
- Training on aptitude and soft skills.
CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Pattern
CDAC CAT 2014 will be conducted in the form of three objective type test papers as following :
- Section A ( English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning )
- Section B ( Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, Data Structures, Data Communications and Networks, Object Oriented Programming, Operating Systems )
- Section C ( Computer Architecture, Digital Electronics and Microprocessors )
Each test paper shall be of one hour duration, having 50 objective – type questions of 3 marks each ( maximum 150 marks ). Depending upon the choice(s) of the programme(s) made by the candidate he / she will have to either appear in just one test paper ( Section A ) or in two test papers ( Section A and Section B ) or in all three test papers ( Section A, B and C ). The medium of C-CAT is English.
Every section will have 50 objective type questions of 3 marks each ( maximum 150 marks for any one section ). Each objective – type question in C-CAT will have four choices as possible answers of which only one will be correct. There will be +3 ( plus three ) marks for each correct answer and -1 ( minus one ) for each wrong answer. Multiple answers to a question will be treated as a wrong answer. For each un-attempted question, 0 ( zero ) mark will be awarded.
Admissions to all PG Diploma courses of C-DAC are done through C-DAC’s Computerised Common Admission Test ( C-CAT ). Every year, C-CAT is usually conducted in June / July ( for August admissions ) and December ( for February admissions ). Candidates who clear the December 2013 C-CAT will be considered for admission to C-DAC’s PG Diploma courses of February 2014 batch only on the basis of their C-CAT ranks and centre / course preferences.
CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Schedule
The schedule for different test papers of C-CAT 2014
|C-CAT Date||Test Paper||Morning Slot Timings||Afternoon Slot Timings|
|08th December, 2013 and 15th December, 2013||Section A||10:00 AM to 11:00 AM||2:00 PM to 3:00 PM|
|Section B||11:15 AM to 12:15 PM||3:15 PM to 4:15 PM|
|Section C||12:30 PM to 1:30 PM||4:30 PM to 5:30 PM|
CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Centres
The C-CATs will be conducted in computerized mode in various cities across India. The list of cities where C-CAT will be conducted in December 2013 is given in the table below. The C-CAT centres will be allocated to candidates on a first – come, first – served basis of application, depending on the centres’ seating capacity and availability.
Cities where C-CAT will be conducted in December 2013
|Nashik||Navi Mumbai||New Delhi||Noida|
The C-CAT date and city once selected in the online application form cannot be changed unless approved in writing by C-DAC. All such signed letters of requests with valid reasons should be received at the following address before the last date of application.
C-DAC ACTS, 3rd Floor,
RMZ Westend Centre 3,
Westend IT Park, Nagras Road,
Aundh, Pune – 411 007.
CDAC CAT 2014 Application Procedure
Candidates may apply for C-CAT 2014 “online” at www.cdac.in. While filling the application form, candidate needs to upload his / her passport size photograph. Candidates are advised to download and take print out of their filled application forms for future reference.
a) CDAC CAT 2014 Application Fee : The basic application fee would be 1000/- and thereafter 100/- for every course opted in the online application. Hence the application fee for one course will be 1100/- for two courses 1200/- and so on.
After filling the online application form, the application fee may be paid online OR in cash through the ‘Make Payment’ step on the main menu of the online application. No cheque or demand draft ( DD ) will be accepted towards payment of C-CAT application fees.
b) CDAC CAT Payment Mode
- C-CAT 2014 Online Mode : The application fee can be paid on both Credit and Debit Card through the payment gateway provided, along with the online application form.
- Cash : The application fee can also be paid in cash at any of the C-DAC centres or C-DAC’s Affiliated Training Centres ( ATC ). After filling the online application, the applicant should print the form and submit it personally along with the fee ( in cash ) at any of the C-DAC training centres on or before the last date of application.
- Application forms and cash sent by post / courier will not be accepted at any of the C-DAC training centres.
- Candidates are advised to view the seat availability for C-CAT at various cities before paying the application fee through cash or online.
- Candidates facing any issues during online payment may contact C-DAC ACTS Pune through phone ( 020 – 25503100 ) or email ( email@example.com ).
CDAC CAT 2014 Admit Card
- Candidates can download their admit cards from C-DAC’s website : http://www.cdac.in/ during the dates mentioned. No candidates will be permitted to appear to C-CAT without a valid admit card.
- The admit card along with a photo identity proof must be presented to the C-CAT officials / invigilators for verification at the time of the CDAC CAT 2014 Test.
- The venue, date and time of C-CAT 2014 will be communicated to the candidates on the admit cards. Candidates must appear for C-CAT on the specified date and time at the venue mentioned at the admit card.
CDAC CAT 2014 Important Dates
|Beginning of Online Registration and Application||20th October, 2013|
|Closing of Online Registration & Application, and Payment of Application Fee||28th November, 2013|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||4th December, 2013 to 13th December, 2013|
|C-DAC's 2014 Common Admission Test ( C-CAT )||8th December, 2013 and 15th December, 2013|
|Announcement of C-CAT Ranks||23rd December, 2013 ( 18.00 hrs )|
|Online Selection of Course and Centre ( 1st Counselling )||23rd December, 2013 to 3rd January, 2014|
|Declaration of First Round of Seat Allocation||8th January, 2014|
|Last Date of Payment of 10,000/- for candidates allocated seats through the first round||20th January, 2014|
|Declaration of Second Round of Seat Allocation||23rd January, 2014|
|Last Date of Payment of 10,000/- for candidates allocated seats through the second round||28th January, 2014|
|Declaration of Third Round of Seat Allocation||31st January, 2014|
|Last Date of Payment of 10,000/- for candidates allocated seats through the third round||5th February, 2014|
|Online Selection of Course and Centre ( 2nd Counselling )||31st January 2014 to 5th February, 2014|
|Declaration of Fourth Round of Seat Allocation ( based on 2nd Counselling )||7th February, 2014|
|Last Date of Payment of 10,000/- for candidates allocated seats through the fourth round||13th February, 2014|
|Last Date of Payment of Balance Course Fees||24th February, 2014|
|Registration of Students at Training Centres||24th February, 2014|
|Commencement of PG Diploma Courses||25 February, 2014|
CDAC Common Entrance Test 2014 – Eligibility Criteria for CDAC 2014 – CDAC Common Entrance Test Centres 2014 – CDAC DESD Programs 2014 – CDAC Entrance Exam Centres 2014.
Exams Date Related : CDAC CAT 2014 Entrance Exam, CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Date, CDAC Common Admission Test 2014, CDAC Common Admission Test – CDAC CAT 2014, CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Schedule, CDAC CAT 2014 Notification, CDAC CAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria, CDAC CAT 2014 Marks Eligibility, CDAC CAT 2014 Application Form, CDAC CAT 2014 Application Form Last Date, CDAC CAT 2014 Application Form Availability, CDAC CAT 2014 Application Form Download, CDAC CAT 2014 Important Dates, CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Pattern, CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Centres, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing 2014 CAT Date, CDAC 2014 CAT Entrance Exam Details, CDAC CAT 2014 Admission Test Date, CDAC CAT 2014 Age Relaxation, CDAC CAT 2014 Application Form Submission, CDAC CAT 2014 Application Form Fee, CDAC CAT 2014 Exam Scheme, CDAC 2014 Common Entrance Test Centres, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing 2014 CAT Brochure,
Posted In exams date : Leave a response for cdac common admission test – cdac cat 2014 by sharon