Common Admission Test ( CAT )Exams Date »
Common Admission Test 2019 ( CAT 2019 )
Indian Institutes of Management invites admission application for MBA, PGDM and other postgraduate management courses and conducts Common Admission Test ( CAT ) for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
CAT Eligibility 2019
The detailed CAT Eligibility 2019 is given here :
- There will be no age restriction for taking the CAT examination.
Qualifying Exam : Candidates must have a bachelor’s or its equivalent degree.
Minimum Marks : Pass the above exam with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA ( 45% marks for SC / ST / PwD categories ).
Appearing candidates of the final year of Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination can also apply.
Candidates, those possess an equivalent examination recognized by the MHRD, Government of India ( including AMICE of the Institution of Civil Engineers ( India ) as an equivalent qualification ) can also apply.
CAT Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates, check this section to know complete details about CAT Exam Pattern :
- Exam Mode : The examination will be digital or Computer Based Test ( CBT ).
- Session : The examination will be held in two sessions.
- Duration : The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes ( 3 hours ).
- Type of Questions : In the examination, objective & subjective type questions will be asked.
- Number of Questions : Total 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme : For the correct answer, three marks will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking : The will be no negative marks for subjective type questions, For MCQs type question, one mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
CAT Application Form 2019
Indian Institutes of Management Common Admission Test application form is available in the official website www.iimcat.ac.in.
CAT 2019 Application Form will be available from the second week of August, 2019. Participants will be required to fill up general details like personal information and academic qualifications. The application forms can be filled via online mode only on the official website i.e. iimcat.ac.in. The application process consists of 3 steps which are given below :
- Registration by providing basic details to get candidate’s user ID and Password.
- Fill CAT 2019 Application Form and upload required documents.
- The final step is payment of CAT Application Fee before final submission of the online application form.
Students can go through the following the guidelines to apply for the exam :
- Visit the official website of CAT 2019 and click on ‘Registration for New User’. The registration form to create the User Profile will appear.
- Enter general details like name, date of birth and contact details – valid mobile number and email ID.
- Applicants will have to verify their mobile number through OTP.
- Once the OTP is verified, students will receive an email which will have their User ID and Password. The same will also be sent on the registered mobile number.
- Login using these credentials to proceed with the application process.
Filling of Application form
- Once logged in, CAT 2019 Application Form will appear.
- Aspirants will have to enter personal and contact details as well as details about their academic qualification, work experience, preference of program and exam center.
- They must then upload scanned images of their recent photograph, signature and category certificate ( SC, ST, NC – OBC and PwD category ).
- After checking the details, click on ‘Save and Continue’ to pay the application fees.
Payment of Application Fee
- The final step to complete the application form is to remit the requisite application fees.
- Application fee can be paid only by the online method.
- Candidates can pay the fee using Credit / Debit card, Net Banking and Cash Card & Wallet.
- Fill the necessary fields with payment details on the bank page and save the receipt of the online transaction as proof of payment.
- Upon successful submission, aspirants will receive an email related to the status of application.
- Take a print out of the application form for further correspondence.
CAT Admit Card 2019
CAT 2019 Admit Card will be issued to applicants who have successfully registered for the exam. It will be released in the second week of October, 2019. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of CAT. The governing body will not send hard copies of the hall ticket by post.
- Admit Card must be retained till the time of admission and counseling, duly signed by the exam supervisor.
- The details about the individual such as his Name, Roll number, Date of birth, time slot and exam center allotted along with the address will be printed on the hall ticket.
- It is a mandatory document of the entrance exam without which, no individual will be permitted into the exam hall.
CAT Exam Centers 2019
- CAT 2019 will be conducted in 140 exam centers across the country.
- Participants will be allowed to choose 4 cities for the online entrance test as their preferred exam center.
- They should exercise their choices in the application form according to their convenience.
- The governing authority will allot a center to the individuals and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
CAT Selection Procedure 2019
The CAT Selection Procedure followed by IIMs consists of Group Discussion ( GD ), Written Ability Test ( WAT ) and Personal Interview ( PI ) rounds. These are explained briefly as follows –
- Candidates shortlisted based on their CAT scores have to appear for GD, WAT and PI rounds held by the IIMs or other b – schools.
- In the WAT round, students have to write an essay on the topic provided by the institute.
- The topic can be related to socio – political issues, current affairs or some idea. The essay should generally be completed within 30 minutes.
- For the GD round, applicants are divided into groups of 8 – 10 members wherein, they are required to discuss about the given topic.
- PI is the final round wherein aspirants are interviewed by a panel of 4 – 8 judges. This panel assesses the profile of individuals to see if he is fit for the chosen course.
CAT Result 2019
CAT 2019 Result will be declared by the second week of January, 2019. The results will be announced on the official CAT website in the form of a scorecard. These scorecards will contain the sectional and overall marks and percentile obtained by individuals in the exam.
It is valid for only this academic year. The results can be checked by following these few steps :
- Log on to the official CAT website.
- Select the option of ‘Download Scorecard’.
- Enter your User ID and Password to know your CAT Result.
- On your account’s page, you can download the scorecard.
- Download the result and take print out copies for future reference.
CAT Important Dates 2019
|S.No||Event||Date ( Tentative )|
|1||CAT 2019 Official Notification||29th July, 2019|
|2||CAT 2019 Application Form||8th August, 2019|
|3||CAT 2019 Form Correction Window||27th September, 2019 - 30th September, 2019|
|4||Release of CAT Admit Card 2019||24th October, 2019 - 25th November, 2019|
|5||CAT 2019 Exam Date||25th November, 2019|
|6||CAT Result Date 2019||Second Week of January, 2019|
Indian Institutes of Management,
Diamond Harbour Road, Joka,
Kolkata 700104, West Bengal, India.,
Phone No. : 033-24679178,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.iimcat.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.