Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)Exams Date »
Common Entrance Examination for Design ( CEED ) 2019
Common Entrance Examination for Design invites application from Candidates for the admission of following programs for the academic year 2019
CEED is conducted by IIT Bombay
- The Common Entrance Exam for Design ( CEED ) is to assess the candidate’s aptitude for design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem solving skills.
- CEED is conducted by IIT Bombay. It is a qualifying examination for admission to Master of Design ( M.Des ) programmes at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D programmes in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
CEED Admission Courses 2019
- Ph.D. in Design
- Master of Design ( M.Des )
- Product Design and Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Communication Design
- Interaction Design
- Mobility Design
- Vehicle Design
- Visual Design
CEED Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidates must have passed a degree / diploma / post graduate degree programme of 4 years or 3+2 years ( after 10+2 level ), or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program or must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme ( 10+5 level ). Before applying for CEED, candidates are advised to check whether they meet the required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
- There is no age limit to appear for CEED. Besides, a candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
CEED Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- Exam pattern of CEED 2019 include important information regarding the entrance exam such as total time duration, language of questions, total number of questions, marking scheme, and more. Candidates should be aware of the CEED 2019 exam pattern in order to have a fair idea well in advance.
Highlights of CEED Exam Pattern 2019
- The paper of CEED 2019 will have 2 parts– Part A and Part B.
- Part A will be a computer based test with Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs ).
- CEED 2019 part B will evaluate the candidates on various factors like drawing, writing and designing. They will have to answer on a given sheet.
- The total time duration given to the candidates to complete the paper will be three hours. They have to finish part A in one hour, while the time allotted for part B will be two hours.
- Part A will be conducted for shortlisting candidates for part B. Only part B will be taken into account for merit list preparation.
CEED Admission Application Form 2019
- CEED Admission application form will be available at website : www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- The application fee will be ₹ 1100/- for all women candidates, ₹ 1100/- for SC / ST / PwD candidates and ₹ 2,200 for all other candidates.
- The following documents to be uploaded at the time of registration:
- Recent colour photograph and scanned copy of signature ( in .jpg file ).
- Scanned copy of degree / diploma certificate ( if the course is completed ). If do not have the final degree certificate, upload the copy of the final year mark or the provisional certificate. If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college / Head of the department.
- Candidates of SC / ST / OBC-NCL category have to produce valid category certificates issued by concerned authorities.
- Candidates belong to PwD category should produce a valid medical certificate.
- PwD candidate requiring extra time during the exam need to upload a request letter.
- Candidates those names is not same as the name on the degree / diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport showing the change of name.
CEED Admission Admit Card Details 2019
- CEED 2019 Admit card will be available for downloading from the last week of December 2018. It can be downloaded till the third week of January 2019. Candidates are advised to take a clear printout ( in colour ) of the admit card to sit in the examination hall.
CEED Admission Selection Process 2019
- Candidate should get valid CEED score. Selection is purely done by merit.
CEED Admission Exam Centres 2019
- Candidates should compulsorily choose 3 cities in the order of preference at the time of online registration. Once the registration form is submitted, request for a change of city will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- If a sufficient number of candidates is not available in a city, then it may be dropped from the final list and candidates will be allotted to a city of their second or third choice. However, the JEE ( Advanced )-UCEED-CEED office reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one and allot a city that may not be among any of the choices of a candidate.
- A city may have more than one examination centre. In such cases, a request for change of a centre within the same city will not be permitted under any circumstances.
CEED Admission Syllabus 2019
- CEED 2019 will be in two parts. Part A will have questions related to these topics :
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Part B of CEED 2019 will have questions related to these topics:
- Communication Skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
CEED Admission Results 2019
- CEED result will be displayed on the CEED website www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- The CEED 2019 score card is valid for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result. The CEED 2019 score card cannot be treated as a proof of date of birth, category or disability status.
- The authority to declare the result is vested solely with JEE ( Advanced )-UCEED-CEED office, IIT Bombay.
CEED Admission Counselling 2019
- There is no common counselling for CEED 2019 to be conducted by IIT Bombay. The participating institutes will hold the CEED 2019 counselling individually for admissions to M.Des. Candidates will have to apply separately for admissions to these institutes.
- Individual institutes are likely to conduct an aptitude test or interview as a part of CEED counselling and admission process. To participate in the admission procedure of the participating institutes, it is compulsory to qualify CEED 2019.
- The institutes will check the portfolio of the candidates during the interview or aptitude test for evaluation of their designing and sketching ability.
CEED Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Online Registration with regular fee||9th October to 14th November, 2018|
|2||Online Registration with late fee||15th - 16th November, 2018|
|3||Admit card available for download||1st January, 2019|
|4||Date of Examination||19th January, 2019|
|5||Release of draft answer key for Part A||25th January, 2019|
|6||Last date of sending comments about draft answer key for Part A||31st January, 2019|
|7||Release of final answer key for Part A||4th February, 2019|
|8||Declaration of result||4th March, 2019|
|9||Score cards available for download||4th March, 2019|
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Phone : +91 22 2576 4063 / 9093 / 9094
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.ceed.iitb.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.