Competence in Software Technology (CST) Examination 2008
CST is a nation-wide examination conducted annually for graduates in any field by C-DAC, Mumbai, a R&D Institution of Government of India, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology.
- A degree in any subject or diploma in engineering as recognized by a state government or the central government.
- Final year degree students can also appear for CST 2008 subject to the condition that proof of their qualifying for the Degree shall be produced by the end of December 2008.
- Software Competence required for appearing for CST ranges from no training (E Level) to a degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ information Technology/Electronics/ Telecommunication/ Electrical/ instrumentation (G Level).
Allahabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Visakhapatnam.
Levels of Examination
- E (Entry Level)
- I (Intermediate Level)
- D Diploma Level
- G (Graduate Level)
Sunday Jan 27, 2008
Immediate Job Opportunities
Recruitment of 300 Computer/ IT/ Software Professionals through CST-2008 for C-DAC Centres at: Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mohali, Noida, Pune.
- Staff Scientist: G Level*
- Assistant Manager: G Level*
- Project Engineer: G Level*
- Visiting Systems/Software Engineer: D/G Levels*
- Visiting Linguist: D/G Levels*
- Software Trainee: I Level
- Dissertation Project Fellowship: D/G Levels*
- Senior Technical Associate: All Levels*
subject to prescribed minimum qualifications. (refer to course brochure or web-site) Several leading IT Companies use CST database for their ongoing recruitments of IT professionals.
- PGDST at Educational Affiliates: All Levels
- FPGDST at C-DAC Kharghar, Navi Mumbai and Electronics City Bangalore: D/G Levels
- MCA at ABA, Bangalore: E/l Levels
- MCA of Goa University, Goa: All Levels
- M.Sc. (IT) of Goa University at Smt. Parvatibai Chowgule College, Goa: D Level
- MCA at NMIMS University, Mumbai: E/l/D Levels
- PPM and PGPM courses of SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai: E/l Levels Cash awards in each Level E, I, D and G
Last date for receipt of applications: Thursday,
January 10, 2008
CST Brochure: Available on payment of Rs. 100/- from C-DAC Offices at Mumbai, Kharghar (Navi Mumbai), Bangalore (Electronics City) and all leading book stalls.
To get brochure by speed post, send Rs. 150/- by DD in favour of “C-DAC.Mumbai”, payable at Mumbai.
Brochures available at:
- Jyoti Book Depot: Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Delhi, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam.
- Alliance Business Academy: Bangalore
- Current Books: Thrissur
- Cosmo Books: Emakulam, Kozhikode, Thrissur.
- Golden Heart Emporium: Goa
- Parvathibai Chowgule college: Goa
- Modern Book Centre: Thiruvananthapuram
- The Book People: Kolkata
- Sarat Book House: Kolkata
- Crystaline Infotech Pvt. Ltd.: Pune
- Pradakshina Circulating Library: New Panvel
- Computer Book Shop: Mumbai
- Sanganak Prakashan: Mumbai
For application form and details refer to
http://cst.cdacmumbai.in or refer to brochure.
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
(A R& institution of Dept. of information Technology,
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology)
Gulraohar Cross Road No.9, Juhu,
Mumbai – 400 049
Phone No: (022)26703251, 26201606, 26201488, 22024641, 22836924, 27565303/04/05, 27560013