Kerala CEE LLM Entrance Exam 2018
Applications are invited for the Kerala Entrance Examination for admission to LL.M Course for the academic year 2018 – 2019 in the Government Law Colleges at Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, Thrissur and Kozhikode.
Kerala CEE LLM 2018 Eligibility
Candidates who have passed the LL.B. examination ( 5 year / 3 year course ) with a minimum of 50% marks from the Universities in Kerala or other Universities recognised by the Universities in Kerala as equivalent thereto are eligible for admission. No rounding off of percentage of marks to the nearest higher integer is permitted. Candidates appearing / appeared for the regular Final Year LL.B. examination can also apply for the Entrance Examination. Such candidates become eligible for admission only if they produce the Provisional / Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination and the mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination at the time of Centralised Allotment Process ( CAP ).
i. Only Indian Citizens of Kerala origin are eligible for admission.
ii. In order to prove that a candidate is an Indian Citizen of Kerala origin for the limited purpose of eligibility for admission, he / she has to produce any one of the following certificates in the format provided along with the print out of the application form, or copies of d/e/f/g.
- In the case of candidates who have undergone studies in Kerala, a course certificate fro the Head of the Educational institution(s) in Kerala to prove that the candidate has undergone his / her studies in Kerala for at least five years immediately prior to completion of L.L.B. ( 5 year or 3 year course ) OR
- A certificate from the Village Officer / Tahsildar to show that he / she or his / her mother / father was born in Kerala OR
- A certificate from the Village Officer / Tahsildar to the effect that the candidate has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of five years within a period of twelve years. OR
- The true copy of relevant page of Secondary School Leaving Certificate of the candidate showing the place of birth in Kerala OR
- The true copy of the relevant page of the Secondary School Leaving Certificate showing Place of Birth in Kerala of either of the parents of the candidate, with corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate OR
- The true copy of the relevant page of the Passport issued by the Government of India of the candidate, showing Place of Birth in Kerala or of either of the parents of the 3 candidate showing Place of Birth in Kerala with corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate. OR
- True copy of the birth certificate of the candidate, issued by competent birth registering authority ( panchayat / municipality / corporation ), showing the place of birth in Kerala.
Age : There is no upper age limit for admission to the LL.M Course.
Kerala CEE LLM 2018 Exam Pattern
- The Entrance Examination for admission to the LL.M Course 2017-18 will be held at Thiruvananthapuram.
- The Questions of the Entrance Examination will be of objective type.
- The questions shall be of the standard of LL.B Examination.
- There shall be two papers each of 90 minutes duration.
|Papers||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Law of Crimes||25|
|Law of Contracts||25|
|Paper II||Public International Law||20|
|Law of Property||20|
|Interpretation of statutes||10|
|Law of Torts||10|
- Answer sheet ( OMR Answer Sheets ) will be given to the candidate to mark the answers. All entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles should be done by ball point pen only. ( blue or black ink )
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded three marks. One mark each will be deducted for each incorrect response. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be given negative mark. However, in the event of failure to answer a question ie, no response is indicated against an item in the answer sheet, no deduction from the total score will be made.
- At the end of the examination, candidate should hand over the OMR Answer Sheet to the invigilator, who will separate the Answer Sheet along the perforation, in the presence of candidate. Candidates are permitted to take the Question Booklets with them after the Examination.
- A fully computerised system has been adopted for evaluation of the answer scripts, using Optical Mark Reading ( OMR ) system and for the preparation of the rank list. There is no provision for revaluation or re-checking of Answer Sheets.
IMPORTANT : Any malpractice or attempt to commit any kind of malpractice in the examination will result in the disqualification of the candidate and withdrawal of candidature
Kerala CEE LLM 2018 Application Form
Procedure for applying online
All candidates seeking admission to the course should apply online through the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
Five steps for applying online
This is a onetime online process during which the candidates will get a system generated ‘Application Number’. The candidates should give necessary basic data and create a strong password during the registration process. Candidates are advised to create a strong, unique password. The requirements of a strong password are
- a minimum length of 8 characters
- a minimum of one alphabet character [a-z or A-Z]
- a minimum of one number (0-9)
- a minimum of one symbol [! @ # $ % ^ & * ]
All the basic information required for processing your application are to be filled in at this stage. Before filling the details, please read the Prospectus carefully.
The data provided here will be used for processing the application. Any mistake in filling this page or providing false / incomplete / wrong information will affect the candidate’s eligibility for admission or claim for reservation under any category. It is obligatory that the candidate fill all the mandatory fields in the application.
Candidates should take utmost care while filling the Online Application. Applicant should ensure that the data provided are correct before proceeding to next step.
If the candidate is sure that the information provided in step 2 are correct, click the link ‘Final Submission’.
Pay Application Fee
Application fee for General and SEBC candidates is .800/-( Rupees Eight hundred only ) and in the case of SC / ST candidates and those eligible for SC / ST benefits as per G.O (Ms) No.25/05/SCSTDD dated 20.06.2005 is .400/- ( Rupees Four Hundred only ). Applications can be submitted in online mode only, and all the supporting documents are to be uploaded only. Two payment methods are available for remitting the application fee.
- Online Payment
The Application fee can be paid through the online payment gateway. Those having an Internet banking account, Credit card or Debit card can make use of this feature. Candidates availing this facility should read and follow each of the instructions given in the website carefully in order to ensure that the payment is successful. On successful payment, the candidate will be guided back to the home page wherein he/she will find the ‘Payment’ tab at the top turned green and can proceed to uploading of photograph, signature and supporting documents. If the payment transaction was unsuccessful, a message to that effect will be displayed on the screen and the candidate would be guided back to the homepage. On the other hand, if the candidate fails to receive the final confirmation ( success or failure ) message and is uncertain about the outcome of the transaction, due to communication failure or otherwise, he/she can re-login to the home page and inspect the ‘Pay Application Fee’ tab at the top to see if it’s green or not. If it has not turned green, the payment has not succeeded and the candidate may try for online payment afresh or resort to the e-Challan payment mode. If the candidate’s account is debited for an unsuccessful transaction, the amount will be reverted to his/her account within five working days.
e-Challan Payment ( Post Office )
If the mode of payment selected is e-Challan, the applicant needs to take printout of e-Challan by clicking the link ‘Print e-Challan’. Payment can be made in cash at any of the Head and Sub Post Offices in Kerala. The e-Challan should be handed over to post office counter along with the required cash.
The post office’s official will make necessary entries both in their online portal and e-Challan form. The counter foil of the e-Challan must be collected back from the post office official. It must be ensured that the official has recorded the Transactiion ID pertaining to the payment on the counter foil of the e-Challan and put the office stamp and his/her initials at the designated places on the counterfoil.
If the payment was successful, the ‘Pay Application Fee’ tab in the candidate’s home page turns green.
Candidates are advised to login to the website and examine the ‘Pay Application Fee’ tab to make sure that the fee payment status has been updated by the post office official. If the payment tab has not turned green, the candidate should immediately contact the concerned post office and get the payment status updated. The list of Post Offices for collecting application fee is published in the web site.
Upload Photograph of Candidate
- A studio generated soft copy of latest passport size color photograph with light coloured background in jpeg format between 10 kb to 30 kb of size and resolution 150 x 200 pixels is to be used for uploading.
- The photograph should not be taken with the candidate wearing Cap or Goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly. POLAROID and COMPUTER / MOBILE-PHONE generated photos are not acceptable.
Upload Signature of Candidate
- On a plain white sheet, the candidate should put his/her signature with black / blue ink.
- Scan this signature and crop around the signature. Do not scan the full sheet. Scanned image file should be in jpg format. ( Jpeg )
- Dimensions of the image of signature must be 150 pixels width and 100 pixels height.
- File size should be below 30 kb.
- Scanned image of signature must be clear and complete
- All necessary certificates / documents to be uploaded should be in PDF format
- File size of each document / certificate should not exceed 300 kb.
- The scanned images should be of the original documents / certificates and should be clear enough to read.
After completing the uploading of all necessary certificates / documents, candidates can take a printout of the application and the uploaded documents by clicking on the link ‘Print Application’. Candidates are advised to keep a soft copy or printout of the application for future reference. Printout of application or any supporting document should not be sent to the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
Kerala CEE 2018 Reservation of Seats
|Sl.No.||Name of College||No. of Seats ||Field of Specialisation Offered
|i||Government Law College, Thiruvananthapuram||15||1.Constitutional Law
2.Criminal Law, Criminology and Penology
|ii||Government Law College, Ernakulam||15+1||1.Commercial Law,
2.Criminal Law. ( *There was one additional seat for a blind candidate filled up by the Principal of the college ).
|iii||Government Law College, Thrissur||10||1.Administrative Law
|iv||Government Law College, Kozhikode||15||Law of Taxation|
|Private Self financing Law College|
|i||Al-Azhar Law |
|ii||CSI College for Legal Studies, Ettumanoor, Kottayam||30||Commercial Law|
|iii||Mar Gregorios college of Law, Nalanchira, Thiruvananthapuram||10||Constitutional Law|
|iv||Sree Narayana Guru College of Legal Studies,Kollam||10||Constitutional Law|
Kerala CEE 2018 Admit Card
The candidates registered for the examination can download their ADMIT CARDS from the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in from 17th February, 2018 onwards. The admit card thus obtained should be brought to the examination hall.
Kerala CEE 2018 Important Dates
|1||Online Application form start form||27th January, 2018|
|2||Last date for Application form||07th February, 2018|
|3||Admit card||17th February, 2018|
|4||Entrance Examination Date||25th February, 2018 ( Sunday )|
Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
Housing Board Buildings,
5th Floor, Santhinagar,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001,
Phone No. : 0471 – 2339101, 2339102
Website : www.cee-kerala.org.