Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ( GATE )Exams Date »
Important : IIT Kanpur M.Tech admission will be based on GATE 2019
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ( GATE ) 2019
Indian Institute of Technology invites admission application for GATE leading to admission in M.Tech programs and for the academic year 2019.
IIT Kanpur Courses Offered 2019
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biological Sciences and Bio – Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering and Management
- Industrial and Management Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Materials Science Program
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering and Technology
- Photonics Science and Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Infrastructure Engineering and Management
- Transportation Engineering
IIT Kanpur Eligibility 2019
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science ( 4 – year program ) or a master’s degree in science with the specified minimum marks / CPI.
- Candidates with a valid GATE score and the degree in one of the following disciplines can apply for the M Tech program.
- Engineering : Candidate should passed Bachelors degree in Aeronautical / Aerospace, Mechanical, Automobile, Production, Civil, Chemical, Naval Architecture, Electrical, Electronics / Electronics and Communication, Metallurgy / Metallurgy & Material Science, Instrumentation, Mechatronics
- Science : Candidate should passed Four years BS degree in Physics, Mathematics OR MSc degree in Physics, Mathematics and Engineering Physics with valid GATE score
- The requirement of GATE score is waived off for the external and sponsored candidates.
- Candidate should passed Bachelors degree preferably in Civil Engineering / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Agricultural Engineering or Master of Science in all areas. All candidates must have mathematics as a subject at least up to 10+2 level.
- Candidate should passed Bachelors degree in Civil / Mining / Electrical / Computer Science / Electronics Engineering/Information Technology / Geoinformatics, or Master of Science in Earth Science and relatedareas or Geography / Physics / Mathematics / Environmental Sciences. Candidates with M.Sc. degree must have mathematics as one of the subjects at B.Sc. level.
- Candidate should passed Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. Hydraulics & Water Resources Engineering: Bachelors degree in Civil / Agriculture Engineering. The candidates must have taken at least one mathematics course at the undergraduate level.
InfrastructureEngineering and Management
- Candidate should passed Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. Some candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Building Construction and allied subjects may also be considered. Structural Engineering: Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. Some candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Building Construction and allied subjects may also be considered.
- Candidate should passed Bachelors degree in Civil / Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering.
IIT Kanpur Exam Pattern 2019
- All the papers of the GATE 2019 examination will be for 3 hours duration and they consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. Since the examination is an ONLINE computer based test, at the end of the stipulated time ( 3-hours ), computer will automatically close the screen inhibiting any further action.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 20 minutes before the start of examination. Candidate will NOT be permitted to enter the examination hall after 09:30 hours in the forenoon session and after 14:30 hours in the afternoon session. Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
GATE 2019 Question Papers
Pattern of Questions
GATE 2019 would contain questions of two different types in all the papers:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Numerical Answer Type
Design of Questions
The questions in a paper may be designed to test the following abilities:
- Analysis and Synthesis
IIT Kanpur Application Form 2019
- Indian Institute of Technology GATE application form is available in the official website : www.iitk.ac.in.
- The following documents are to be required at the time of admission :
- DOB Certificate / Class 10 certificate having candidates DOB
- GATE score card ( Online print out of GATE score card, if GATE score card is not received )
- Photocopies of the qualifying degree marks / grade sheet
- NOC / Reliving Certificate from employer, if candidate is employed at the time of admission
- SC / ST / OBC Certificate ( if applicable )
- Certificate of Physical status ( Type of disability, if applicable )
|Examination Centres in India||During the Period||During the Extended
|SC/ST/PwD/Female Candidates||₹ 750||₹ 1250|
|All other Candidates||₹ 1500||₹ 2000|
|Examination Centres outside India ( All Candidates )|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka & Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
IIT Kanpur Admit Card 2019
- The Admit Card for GATE 2019 will be available only on GOAPS website. A candidate has to download his / her Admit Card from this website. The Admit Card would be available for download, tentatively from 4th January, 2019. Note that the Admit Cards will not be sent to the candidates by post / e-mail.
- Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document ( No photocopy / scanned copy / not an expired document ), which was specified during the filling up of the online application ( for example: Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License )
- The Admit Card is valid if and only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination. To ensure this, print the Admit Card on an A4 sized paper using a laser printer, preferably a color printer. Both, the GATE 2019 Admit Card and the Original ID proof are essential for entry into the examination hall.
IIT Kanpur Selection Procedure 2019
- Selection is done on the basis of GATE entrance exam followed by Written Test / Personal Interview.
IIT Kanpur Results 2019
- GATE 2019 results will be announced on the 16th March, 2019 and will be available on the GOAPS Website. GATE 2019 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results.
IIT Kanpur Important Dates 2019
|1||GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ) Website Opens||1st September, 2018|
|2||Closing Date for Submission of ( Online ) Application||23rd September, 2018|
|3||Extended Closing Date for Submission of ( Online ) Application||1st October, 2018|
|4||Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City ( an additional fee will be applicable )||16th November, 2018|
|5||Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal ( for printing )||4th January, 2019|
|6||GATE 2019 Examination|
|7||Forenoon 9:30 AM to 12:30 Noon ( Tentative )||2nd and 3rd February, 2019|
|8||Afternoon 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM ( Tentative )||9th and 10th February, 2019|
|9||Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||16th March, 2019|
Indian Institute of Technology,
Kanpur 208 016, Uttar Pradesh, India.,
Phone : 0512-259 7470,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.iitk.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.