Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)Exams Date »
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ( GATE ) Admission 2019
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ( GATE ) is basically an examination on the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering / Technology / Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. GATE 2019 will be conducted for 24 subjects ( also referred to as “papers” ) and it would be distributed over 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February, 2019. The GATE examination centres are spread in different cities across India, as well as, in six cities abroad. The examination would be purely a Computer Based Test ( CBT ).
- The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which is quantified based on the several years of examination data. Note that the GATE 2019 score is valid for Three years from the date of announcement of the results.
- The Organizing Institute for GATE 2019 is Indian Institute of Technology Madras ( IITM ).
- Zones and the corresponding administrative institutes for GATE 2019.
- Zone-1 – Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
- Zone-2 – Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Zone-3 – Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Zone-4 – Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- Zone-5 – Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Zone-6 – Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Zone-7 – Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Zone-8 – Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
GATE Admission Eligibility 2019
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree / Examination||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification
not later than
|B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Pharm.||Bachelors degree holders in Engineering / Technology ( 4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering / Technology )||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B. Arch.||Bachelors degree holders of Architecture ( 5 years course )||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|B.Sc. ( Research ) / B.S.||Bachelors degree in Science ( Post-Diploma / 4 years after 10+2 )||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2019|
|Pharm. D. ( after 10+2 )||6 years program, consisting of internship or residency training during sixth year||Currently in the 4th / 5th / 6th year or already completed||2021|
|M. Sc. / M.A. / MCA or equivalent||Masters degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.E. / M.Tech. ( Post-B.Sc. )||Post-BSc Integrated Masters degree programs in Engineering / Technology ( 4 years program )||Currently in the 2nd / 3rd / 4th year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.E. / M.Tech. or Dual Degree( after Diploma or 10+2 )||Integrated Masters degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology ( 5 years program )||Currently in the 4th / 5th year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.Sc. / Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations|
( equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. )
|B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD / UPSC / AICTE ( e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on )||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
GATE Admission Exam Pattern 2019
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Statistics||ST|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG||Life Sciences||XL|
|XE Paper Sections||Code||XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics ( Compulsory )||A||Chemistry ( Compulsory )||P|
|Any two optional sections||Any two optional sections|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
- All the papers of the GATE 2019 examination will be for 3 hours duration and they consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. Since the examination is an ONLINE computer based test, at the end of the stipulated time ( 3-hours ), computer will automatically close the screen inhibiting any further action.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 20 minutes before the start of examination. Candidate will NOT be permitted to enter the examination hall after 09:30 hours in the forenoon session and after 14:30 hours in the afternoon session. Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
GATE 2019 Question Papers
Pattern of Questions
GATE 2019 would contain questions of two different types in all the papers:
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Numerical Answer Type
Design of Questions
The questions in a paper may be designed to test the following abilities:
- Analysis and Synthesis
GATE Admission Application Form 2019
- GATE Admission application form will be available at website : www.appsgate.iitm.ac.in.
- Application registration fee for Female candidates ₹ 750/-, for SC / ST / PwD category candidates ₹ 750/- and for all other candidates ₹ 1500 On or Before 21st September. 2018.
- Extended Period for Female candidates ₹ 1250/-, for SC / ST / PwD category candidates ₹ 1250/- and for all other candidates ₹ 2000.
GATE Admission Admit Card Details 2019
- The Admit Card for GATE 2019 will be available only on GOAPS website. A candidate has to download his / her Admit Card from this website. The Admit Card would be available for download, tentatively from 4th January, 2019. Note that the Admit Cards will not be sent to the candidates by post / e-mail.
- Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Examination for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document ( No photocopy / scanned copy / not an expired document ), which was specified during the filling up of the online application ( for example: Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License )
- The Admit Card is valid if and only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are clear and legible. The photograph on the Admit Card and that in the valid photo identity document should match with the appearance of the candidate on the day of examination. To ensure this, print the Admit Card on an A4 sized paper using a laser printer, preferably a color printer. Both, the GATE 2019 Admit Card and the Original ID proof are essential for entry into the examination hall.
GATE Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Candidate should get valid GATE score. admission to the candidates is purely done by merit.
GATE Admission Exam Centres 2019
|Zone No.||Zonal GATE Office||Tentative List of Examination Cities/Towns|
|1||IISc Bangalore Bengaluru - 560 012||Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Ballari (Bellary), Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru, Bidar, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru (Mysore), Palakkad, Payyanur, Port Blair, Shivamogga (Shimoga), Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara|
|2||IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai - 400 076||Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Baramati,
Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kankavli, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara
|3||IIT Delhi, HauzKhas, New Delhi 110 016||Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh-Rohtak, Bikaner, Faridabad, Greater
Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Palwal, Samba, Sikar, Udaipur, Ujjain
|4||IIT Guwahati Guwahati 781 039||Agartala, Asansol-Durgapur, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Gangtok,
Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur
Kanpur 208 016
|Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior,
Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi
|6||IIT Kharagpur Kharagpur 721 302||Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar,
Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kakinada (Surampalem), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram
|7||IIT Madras Chennai 600 036||Alappuzha, Aluva, Attingal, Bapatla, Chengannur, Chennai, Chittoor,
Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode, Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari-Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Nalgonda, Namakkal, Nedumangad, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvannamalai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tuticorin, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal
|8||IIT Roorkee Roorkee 247 667||Ambala, Amritsar, Baddi (HP), Bathinda, Bhimtal, Dehradun,
Ghaziabad, Haldwani, Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar, Khanna, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala, Roorkee, Sangrur, Shimla-Solan, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar
|9||International GATE, IIT Madras||Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh),
Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore
GATE Admission Results 2019
- GATE 2019 results will be announced on the 16th March, 2019 and will be available on the GOAPS Website. GATE 2019 score is valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results.
GATE Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||GATE Online Application Processing System ( GOAPS ) Website Opens||1st September, 2018|
|2||Closing Date for Submission of ( Online ) Application ( through Website )||21st September, 2018|
|3||Extended Closing Date for Submission of ( Online ) Application ( through Website )||1st October, 2018|
|4||Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination|
City ( an additional fee will be applicable )
|16th November, 2018|
|5||Admit Card will be available in the Online|
Application Portal ( for printing )
|4th January, 2019|
|6||GATE 2019 Examination|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon ( Tentative )
Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM ( Tentative )
|2nd February, 2019
3rd February, 2019
9th February, 2019
10th February, 2019
|7||Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||16th March 2019|
Organizing Chairman, GATE 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Phone : 044-22578200
Fax : 044-22578204
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.gate.iitm.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.