|Application form||Reservation of Seats||Syllabus||Hall Ticket|
HSEE Eligibility Details 2018
Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination for admission to the 5 Year integrated Master of Arts Program ( M.A ) in one among the following 2 disciplines :
- English Studies
- Development Studies
Eligibility for HSEE 2018
1. HSEE 2018 Qualifying Examination ( QE ) :
Candidates applying for HSEE-2018 must have passed any one of the following qualifying examinations for the first time in 2017 or should be appearing in 2018.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities ( www.aiuweb.org ).
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced ( A ) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Candidates who have completed Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public ( Board or Pre-University ) examination earlier.
2. Percentage of Marks in QE :
Candidates belonging to the general category and OBC category must secure a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories must secure a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
Where only letter grades are mentioned in the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining. In case the candidate does not provide such a certificate, the decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
3. HSEE 2018 Age limit :
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1993 are eligible for HSEE- 2018. However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD and born on or after October 01, 1988 are eligible. The date of birth as recorded in the High School ( 10th std. / 12th Std. ) first Board / Pre-University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce a scanned copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
4. HSEE 2018 Physical Fitness :
Every qualified candidate will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed format that will be made available along with the letter of offer of admission. Candidates will be admitted only if they are physically fit for pursuing a course of study at the Institute.
5. Important Notes for HSEE 2018 :
- Admission to the programme will stand cancelled, if the proof of having passed the qualifying examination, as per the eligibility criteria specified in Section 13.2, is not submitted to the Institute latest by 28th September, 2018.
- Admissions are subject to verification of facts from the original certificates / documents of the candidates. If an applicant is found ineligible at a later date even after admission, his / her admission will be cancelled. The decision of the HSEE-2018 admission committee regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
- A candidate must satisfy all the aforesaid eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for appearing in HSEE-2018 and admission.