Indian Institute Science Education Research IISER Entrance Exam 2019Exams Date »
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research ( IISER ) Admission 2019
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research ( IISER ) invites application from Candidates for the admission of Bachelor of Science – Master of Science ( BS-MS ) program for the academic year 2019
IISER BS-MS Admission Courses 2019
- Biological Sciences
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
IISER BS-MS Admission Eligibility 2019
- It is a five year degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed ( 10+2 ) level.
- For candidates seeking admission to BS-MS dual degree in Engineering Sciences stream of IISER Bhopal, Mathematics at 10+2 level is mandatory.
- From this year onward a four year BS programme in Economic Sciences is also being introduced in IISER Bhopal for students having mathematics at 10+2 level.
- Indian nationals, and students belonging to PIO or OCI category are eligible to apply provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria described below.
- KVPY Channel
- Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2019-20 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria may be applicable.
- JEE Channel
- Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List ( CRL ) of JEE Advanced 2019 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to reserved category ( OBCNC, SC, ST, PD ), their category rank should be within 10000.
- SCB Channel
- Students who have passed ( 10+2 ) level with science stream in 2018 or 2019 with marks equal or above the cut off percentage in their respective boards as given in the table below are eligible to apply. For the candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes ( OBCNC) and Persons with Disability ( PD ) categories, there is a 5% relaxation. The cut-off percentage for the Scheduled Castes ( SC ), the Scheduled Tribes ( ST ) and Kashmiri Migrants ( KM ) candidates is 55% in ( 10+2 ) level for all boards.
- Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test which will be conducted at various centres across the country. To calculate your percentage of marks obtained, use the percentage calculation method adopted by your board.
- KVPY Channel
IISER BS-MS Admission Seats 2019
Participating Institutes and seats of IISER 2019
|S.No||Institute||Total Number of Seats|
Reservation of seats for various categories shall be as prescribed by the Board of Governors, in line with the statutory requirements in vogue, from time-to-time. The reservation policies currently in vogue are as follows:
- Scheduled Caste ( SC ) and Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) Candidates
- 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for the SC and ST categories, respectively. Candidates belonging to SC / ST categories will be required to produce the original caste / tribe certificate issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format at the time of counselling and admission.
- Other Backward Class ( OBC ) Candidates ( Not belonging to creamy layer )
- 27% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to OBC ( Non creamy layer ) category. Those belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are not entitled to reservation. The OBC candidates ( non-creamy layer ) will be required to produce original OBC ( Non-Creamy Layer ) caste certificate issued not earlier than a year by a competent authority, in the prescribed format, at the time of counselling and admission.
- Physically Disabled ( PD ) Candidates
- 3% of seats in every category are reserved for Physically Disabled ( PD ) candidates ( horizontal reservation ). For any category of disability ( as decided by the Joint Admission Committee ( JAC ), every year), candidates are required to produce the original medical certificate both at the time of counselling and at the time of admission to the Institute. In case of any dispute in establishing physical disability ( recognised by the JAC for the purpose of admission to IISERs ), the decision of the Medical Board constituted by the Institute will be final.
IISER BS-MS Admission Exam Pattern 2019
IISER Aptitude Test for candidates opting for SCB channel
- Test Duration – 3 hours
- Subjects – Comprises four subjects of equal weightage: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology
- Total Marks – 180
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs )
- Questions asked per paper – 15
- Total number of questions – 60
- Marking Scheme – 3 marks will be awarded for each correct response. There is negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for wrong attempt.
IISER BS-MS Admission Application Form 2019
- IISER BS-MS admission application form will be available at website : www.iiseradmission.in.
- The following documents are to be submitted at the time of admission :
- Original Admission form and medical fitness form.
- Original and one attested copy of 10th Std and 12th Std. certificates and mark sheets, IIT-JEE Score Card / KVPY Certificate / Inspire Certificate ( as applicable ).
- Original and attested photocopy of the Category certificate (In case applicable) ( SC / ST / OBC / PWD / KM ) through which you have applied and got admission at IISER. The original Leaving / Transfer certificate issued by the last school attended.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Copies of the photo ID proof ( 5 copies ) required for opening bank account, mobile connection etc.
- Copy of permanent address proof ( electricity bill etc. )
- Adhaar Card ( Original and 1 copy ).
- The original documents except the Leaving / Transfer certificate will be returned after verification.
- Payment receipt.
IISER BS-MS Admission Admit Card Details 2019
- The Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research will release the IISER 2019 admit card in online mode most probably in June. The candidate will have to enter their email id and password to download the admit card of IISER 2019.
- The IISER admit card 2019 will have the details mentioned on it like the name of the candidate, roll number, allotted exam centre, time and date of the exam, and also exam instructions. Before downloading the IISER 2019 admit card, the candidates are advised to check whether the information displayed is correct.
IISER BS-MS Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- There are three channels of admission. Candidates will be admitted to IISER only through these channels.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana ( KVPY ) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology ( JEE ) channel
- State and Central Boards Channel ( SCB ) channel
IISER BS-MS Admission Exam Centres 2019
|S.No.||Exam Centre||S.No.||Exam Centre|
IISER BS-MS Admission Syllabus 2019
- Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid body, Gravitation, Properties of bulk matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic energy, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic effect of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter, Atoms, Nuclei, Electronic devices, Communication Systems.
- Some Basic Concept of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium
- Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, The s-block Elements, The p-block, Elements, Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, The solid state, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface chemistry, General principles and processes of isolation of elements, The p-block elements
- The d- & f-block elements, Coordination compounds, Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Alcohols, phenols and ethers, Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids, Organic compounds containing nitrogens, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life
- Sets, Relations and functions, Trigonometric Functions, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Principle of Mathematical Induction, omplex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Linear Inequalities, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Sequences and Series, Straight Lines, Conic Sections, Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics, Probability.
- Matrices, Determinants, Continuity and Differentiability, Application of Derivatives, Integrals, Applications of integrals, Differential equations.
- Vectors, Three dimensional geometry, Linear Programming.
- Diversity in the living world, Structural organization in animals and plants, Human physiology, Reproduction, Cell structure and function, Plant physiology, Genetics and evolution, Biology and human welfare Biotechnology and its application, Ecology and environment
IISER BS-MS Admission Results 2019
- The result of the aptitude test will be announced in online mode for the candidates who will appear in the aptitude test. Candidates will have to go to the result page and check their result. The result page will display the role numbers of candidates who have been offered seats.
- Candidates will have to download the offer letter by logging in using the credentials. Candidates opting for KVPY channel will also have to follow the same procedure to check and download their offer letter.
IISER BS-MS Admission Counselling 2019
- The counselling of IISER 2019 will be conducted for the candidates who will be shortlisted in their respective channels. Separate counselling will be conducted for each of the three modes of admission and there will be separate seat allotment lists as well.
- The allotment of seats will be based on factors like the number of seats available, rank of the candidate in the merit list, and choice filling.
IISER BS-MS Admission Important Dates 2019
IISER Admission 2019 Important Dates: JEE Channel
|1||Application portal opens||Second week of June, 2019|
|2||Deadline to submit application form||Third week of June, 2019|
|3||Allotment of seats||Fourth week of June, 2019|
|4||Submission of SAF begins||Last week of June, 2019|
|5||Last Date for Submission of SAF||First week of July, 2019|
IISER Admission 2019 Important Dates: SCB Channel
|1||Opening of Application Portal||Fourth week of May, 2019|
|2||Last date to submit application forms||Second week of June, 2019|
|3||Release of Admit Card for IISER Aptitude Test 2019||Third week of June, 2019|
|4||IISER Aptitude Test 2019||Fourth week of June, 2019|
|5||Result Declaration||First week of July, 2019|
IISER Admission 2019 Important Dates: KVPY Channel
|1||Application portal opens||Fourth week of May, 2019|
|2||Deadline to submit application form||Second week of June, 2019|
|3||Allotment of seats for KVPY channel||Third week of June, 2019|
|4||Submission of SAF beings||Third week of June, 2019|
|5||Last Date for Submission of SAF||Fourth week of June, 2019|
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune,
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
Phone : 91 020 2590 8222
Website : www.iiseradmission.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.