Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission TestExams Date »
Indian Institute of Technology JAM 2019
Indian Institute of Technology invites admission application for M.Sc. ( Two Year ), Joint M.Sc. – Ph.D., M.Sc. – Ph.D. Dual Degree and other post – bachelor’s degree programmes and conducts Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
Indian Institute of Technology JAM Eligibility 2019
- The candidates who qualify in JAM 2019 shall have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements ( ER ) for admissions in IITs.
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA / CPI without rounding – off ( taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined ) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General / OBC ( NCL ) category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC / ST and PwD category candidates.
- For Candidates with letter grades / CGPA ( instead of percentage of marks ), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute ( s ).
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications ( MEQ ) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by 30th September, 2019.
- At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of admission, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a physical fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his/her admission is liable to be cancelled.
Indian Institute of Technology JAM Application Form 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test application form is available in the official website www.jam.iitb.ac.in.
How to apply
Candidates can apply for JAM 2019 only through JAM Online Application Processing System ( JOAPS ) link available at the website http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in. The facility for Online Registration and Application will be available through the website http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in from 5th September, 2018. A candidate has to first register on JOAPS website, by providing his/her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password. The candidate must give an E-mail address that he / she uses and checks frequently, as all communication to the candidate from JAM 2019 will be sent to this E-mail address. The candidate must not use somebody else’s E-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address. Similarly, the candidate should provide his / her personal mobile number because most of the communication may also be sent via SMS. The password that the candidate provides should be chosen such that it cannot be guessed easily by others and this password must not be forgotten by the candidate as he / she will require it to login to the online application website. Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing candidate’s Enrolment ID will be sent to the E-mail address provided by the candidate. The Enrolment ID will also be sent to the mobile number provided by the candidate. The candidate needs to use this enrolment ID along with the password for all JAM 2019 related communications or website operations. Candidates are advised to keep the ID along with the password information safe and confidential.
JOAPS provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the JAM Administration. With this interface, a candidate can :
- Apply for the examination online
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like category certificate ( if applicable ), PwD certificate ( if applicable ), etc.
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes
- Check the Status of the application form : Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit card ready for download, etc.
- Download Admit Card
- View your answers, marks and JAM score
- Download JAM scorecard
- Submission of application for Admission
Indian Institute of Technology JAM Selection Procedure 2019
- Selection is through Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. ( JAM ) being conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology JAM Important Dates 2019
|1||Commencement of ONLINE Registration and Application on JAM 2019 Website||5th September, 2018|
|2||Last Date for Online Application Submission and Uploading of Documents on the Website||10th October, 2018
12th October, 2018
( Upto 17:30 Hours )
|3||Admit Card Download||4th January, 2019
7th January, 2019
|4||Mock Test link||10th January, 2019|
|5||Date of JAM 2019 Examination||10th February, 2019|
|6||Announcement of the Results of JAM 2019||20th March, 2019|
|7||Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2019 Website||11th April, 2019 - 24th April, 2019|
|8||Last Date for receipt of request for change of category in proper format / rectification of defective documents at IIT Kharagpur||To be announced later|
|9||Declaration of First Admission List||To be announced later|
|10||Declaration of Second Admission List||To be announced later|
|11||Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||To be announced later|
|12||Closure of Admissions through JAM 2019||To be announced later|
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
P.O. IIT Powai,
Mumbai – 400076, Maharashtra, India.,
Phone : 022-2576 7022, 7068,
Fax : 022-25722674,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.jam.iitb.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.