Indian Institute of Technology Madras 2018
Indian Institute of Technology invites admission application for MA ( Master of Arts ) program and conducts HSEE Exam for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Eligibility 2018
Qualifying Examination :
- Candidates applying for HSEE – 2018 must have passed any one of the following qualifying examinations for the first time in 2017 or should be appearing in 2018.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities ( www.aiuweb.org ).
- Intermediate or two – year Pre – University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two – year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced ( A ) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
- In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public ( Board or Pre – University ) examination earlier.
Percentage of Marks in Qualifying Examination :
- Candidates belonging to the general category and OBC category must secure a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories must secure a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. Where only letter grades are mentioned in the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining. In case the candidate does not provide such a certificate, the decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
Date of Birth :
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October, 1993 are eligible for HSEE-2018. However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD and born on or after 1st October, 1988 are eligible. The date of birth as recorded in the High School ( 10th std. / 12th Std. ) first Board / Pre – University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce as canned copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
Physical Fitness :
- Every qualified candidate will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed format that will be made available along with the letter of offer of admission. Candidates will be admitted only if they are physically fit for pursuing a course of study at the Institute.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Exam Pattern 2018
Type of Question Paper :
- HSEE – 2018 is of three hours duration and has two parts. Part I consists of objective type multiple choice questions for 2½ hours duration ( 150 minutes ), administered through computer. Part II involves essay writing for 30 minutes to be written on answer sheet distributed to the candidates at the end of Part I.
- Part I covers the following topics :
- English and Comprehension Skill
- Analytical and Quantitative Ability
- General Studies covering the areas of Indian Economy, Indian Society and Culture, World Affairs and
- Environment and Ecology.
- Part II requires the candidates to write an essay on general topic involving description, or / and reflection or / and discussion. Language of Question Paper : English.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Application Form 2018
Indian Institute of Technology Madras application form is available in the official website www.hsee.iitm.ac.in.
Application for HSEE – 2018 is only through online mode. The procedure is given below.Candidate needs access to a computer with Internet connection and a printer.
- Registration : Log on to the site http://hsee.iitm.ac.in and select from the menu “Apply Online” and follow the instructions on the site. Enter all the data as per the instructions. The site will prompt to save the data on the system when necessary.
- Upload scanned Photograph, Signatures and Supporting Documents
- Examination Fee : Candidates must pay the examination fee as applicable is through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card / Indian Bank challan that will be generated during the process of application. The examination fee for female candidates and SC, ST, PwD candidates is 1200/- and for all other candidates it is 2400/-. Additionally,the service charges of the Bank will be 40/-.
- Payment by Indian Bank e – challan : A bank challan of Indian Bank will be generated during the online process of application. The candidate has to go to any branch of the Indian Bank along with a printed challan and pay the fee. The candidate must verify that the application numbers on both the copies of the challans are the same as that in the application.Check the challan details at the specified places in the application : Challan No.; Branch Code; Transaction No. / Journal No.; Date of Payment. Ensure that the seal of the bank branch and the signature of the banker are affixed on the challan in the space provided.
- Payment by Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card : The candidate has to select the option to pay the application fee and follow the online instructions to complete the payment. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the acknowledgement page.
- Last Date : Completed application form has to be submitted online only, along with the scanned photograph, signature, copies of relevant certificates and payment details of examination fee through either offline mode ( system generated Indian Bank challan ) or online modes ( net banking / credit cards / debit cards ) on or before 24th January, 2018. For all completely submitted application including fee, the receipt of application online will be reflected on the HSEE website. Candidates can check the HSEE website for the status of their applications after 16th February, 2018.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Exam Centers 2018
- The entrance examination will be conducted in the following 14 cities : Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Thiruvananthapuram, Varanasi.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Important Dates 2018
|1||Online Application process ( HSEE website ) - Starts||14th December, 2017|
|2||Payment of Examination Fee through Indian Bank Challan / Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card - Starts||14th December, 2017|
|3||Payment of Examination Fee through Indian Bank Challan / Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card - Ends||24th January, 2018|
|4||Last Date for Submission of Online Application||24th January, 2018|
|5||Application Status Check on the Website||16th February, 2018|
|6||Admit Card can be Downloaded from the HSEE Website by Candidates Starts||14th March, 2018|
|7||Admit Card can be Downloaded from the HSEE Website by Candidates - Ends||14th April, 2018|
|8||Examination Date for HSEE-2018||15th April, 2018|
|9||Declaration of Result on HSEE Website||15th May, 2018|
|10||Offer Letters to Candidates - Starts||16th May, 2018|
Indian Institute of Technology,
Chennai – 600 036, Tamilnadu, India.,
Phone No. : 044 2257 8220,
Fax : 044 2257 8224,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.hsee.iitm.ac.in