Indian Institute of Technology MadrasExams Date »
Indian Institute of Technology Madras 2019
Indian Institute of Technology invites admission application for MA ( Master of Arts ) program and conducts HSEE Exam for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Eligibility 2019
Qualifying Examination :
- Candidates applying for HSEE – 2019 must have passed any one of the following qualifying examinations for the first time in 2018 or should be appearing in 2019.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two – year Pre – University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two – year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- H.S.C. vocational examination.
- General Certificate Education ( GCE ) examination ( London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka ) at the Advanced ( A ) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Candidates who have completed Class XII ( or equivalent ) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
- In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public ( Board or Pre – University ) examination earlier.
Percentage of Marks in Qualifying Examination :
- Candidates belonging to the general category and OBC category must secure a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories must secure a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. Where only letter grades are mentioned in the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining. In case the candidate does not provide such a certificate, the decision of the HSEE admission committee regarding his / her eligibility shall be final.
Date of Birth :
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October, 1994 are eligible for HSEE-2019. However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD and born on or after 1st October, 1989 are eligible. The date of birth as recorded in the High School ( 10th std. / 12th Std. ) first Board / Pre – University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce as canned copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
Physical Fitness :
- Every qualified candidate will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed format that will be made available along with the letter of offer of admission. Candidates will be admitted only if they are physically fit for pursuing a course of study at the Institute.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Seats 2019
- The programme has a total of 46 seats; each stream will have 23 seats. Allocations of seats to individual streams will be made based on the academic performance of students ( CGPA ) during the first three semesters, students’ preferences, and availability of seats under each discipline.
Reservation of Seats
- Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Government of India. Candidates belonging to the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories will be declared as qualified on the basis of a relaxed criterion.
The categories and the extent of reservation are as follows:
- Other Backward Classes belonging to Non-Creamy Layer ( OBC-NCL )
- Scheduled Caste ( SC )
- Scheduled Tribe ( ST )
- Persons with Disabilities ( PwD )
Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer ( OBC-NCL )
- 27% of seats are reserved for OBC – NCL. The backward class should be in the updated central list of OBCs. Candidates belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are not entitled for reservation. Such candidates are treated as belonging to the general, i.e., unreserved category, and they will be eligible for the open seats – the seats for which everyone is eligible. While submitting the completed application, the candidate must submit online a scanned copy of the OBC-NCL-Undertaking. They are required to upload the valid OBC-NCL certificate ( issued after 1st April, 2019 ) by 12th May, 2019.
Scheduled Caste ( SC ) / Scheduled Tribe ( ST )
- 15% seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% seats for are reserved for ST. The benefit of reservation will be given only to those castes and tribes that are mentioned in the respective lists of corresponding states published by the Government of India While submitting the completed application, the candidate must submit online a scanned copy of the certificate, failing which the candidate will be considered as a general category candidate. If selected, the candidate must produce the original certificate at the time of admission, failing which he / she will be treated as a general category candidate.
Persons with Disabilities ( PwD )
- 5% of seats are reserved in every category, i.e., GE, OBC-NCL, SC and ST. Benefit would be given to those who have SEVERE dyslexia or at least 40% impairment irrespective of the type of disability i.e., locomotor, visual. Leprosy-cured candidates who are otherwise fit to pursue the course are also included in this sub-category. While submitting the completed application, the candidate must submit online a scanned copy of the certificate issued by a district medical board / competent authority in the prescribed format. If selected, the candidate must produce the original certificate at the time of admission, failing which the offer of admission will be cancelled.
- Unfilled seats reserved under OBC-NCL category will be dereserved to OPEN category seats. However, seats remaining vacant under the SC and ST categories shall NOT be de-reserved to any category. The reservation for PwD candidates is horizontal and hence, unfilled seats will be de-reserved to the respective categories i.e., unfilled SC-PwD seats will be converted to the SC category seats and so on. The category chosen by a candidate at the time of registration for HSEE-2019 will be final and requests for change of category will not be entertained.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Exam Pattern 2019
Type of Question Paper :
- HSEE – 2019 is of three hours duration and has two parts. Part I consists of objective type multiple choice questions for 2½ hours duration ( 150 minutes ), administered through computer. Part II involves essay writing for 30 minutes to be written on answer sheet distributed to the candidates at the end of Part I.
- Part I covers the following topics :
- English and Comprehension Skill
- Analytical and Quantitative Ability
- General Studies covering the areas of Indian Economy, Indian Society and Culture, World Affairs and
- Environment and Ecology.
- Part II requires the candidates to write an essay on general topic involving description, or / and reflection or / and discussion.
- Language of Question Paper : English.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Application Form 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Madras application form is available in the official website www.hsee.iitm.ac.in.
Application for HSEE – 2019 is only through online mode. The procedure is given below.Candidate needs access to a computer with Internet connection and a printer.
- Registration : Log on to the site and select from the menu “Apply Online” and follow the instructions on the site. Enter all the data as per the instructions. The site will prompt to save the data on the system when necessary.
- Upload scanned Photograph, Signatures and Supporting Documents
- Examination Fee : Candidates must pay the examination fee as applicable is through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card / Indian Bank challan that will be generated during the process of application. The examination fee for female candidates and SC, ST, PwD candidates is ₹ 1200/- and for all other candidates it is ₹ 2400/-. Additionally,the service charges of the Bank will be ₹ 40/-.
- Payment by Indian Bank e – challan : A bank challan of Indian Bank will be generated during the online process of application. The candidate has to go to any branch of the Indian Bank along with a printed challan and pay the fee. The candidate must verify that the application numbers on both the copies of the challans are the same as that in the application.Check the challan details at the specified places in the application : Challan No.; Branch Code; Transaction No. / Journal No.; Date of Payment. Ensure that the seal of the bank branch and the signature of the banker are affixed on the challan in the space provided.
- Payment by Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card : The candidate has to select the option to pay the application fee and follow the online instructions to complete the payment. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the acknowledgement page.
- Last Date : Completed application form has to be submitted online only, along with the scanned photograph, signature, copies of relevant certificates and payment details of examination fee through either offline mode ( system generated Indian Bank challan ) or online modes ( net banking / credit cards / debit cards ) on or before 24th January, 2019. For all completely submitted application including fee, the receipt of application online will be reflected on the HSEE website. Candidates can check the HSEE website for the status of their applications after 13th February, 2019.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Admit Card 2019
- After successful registration and payment of required fee either through the bank challan or through net- banking / credit-card / debit-card, the candidates can download their admit card for HSEE-2019 from 20th March, 2019 ( 10 AM ) onwards till 21st April, 2019 ( 9 AM ) from the HSEE-2019 website. The admit card will bear the name, photograph, date of birth, address and category of the candidate along with name and the address of the examination centre allotted. The candidate should carefully examine the admit card for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should inform the Chairman, HSEE-2019, immediately by phone / email / fax.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Selection Process 2019
- Admission is solely through Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination ( HSEE )
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Exam Centres 2019
- The entrance examination will be conducted in the following 16 cities :
- New Delhi
- A candidate has to give two choices for the exam centre. Every attempt will be made to allot the centre of his / her first choice. In extreme cases, the candidate may be allotted the centre / city of his / her second choice.
- If sufficient number of candidates is not available at any of the above listed cities, the same may be dropped, and the candidates will be allocated to a centre of second choice in the other city. The address of an examination centre for a candidate will be mentioned in the Admit Card, which can be generated online. Request from a candidate for change of city / town allotted to him / her will NOT be entertained under any circumstances
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Syllabus 2019
HSEE-2019 has two parts: Part I and Part II. Syllabus for Part 1 consists of English ( 25% marks of Part I ), Analytical and Quantitative Ability ( 25% marks of Part I ), and General Studies ( in four sub-parts; 50% marks of Part I ). Part II involves essay writing.
- English and Comprehension skill
- Analytical and Quantitative Ability
- General Studies
- Indian Economy
- Indian Society and Culture
- World Affairs
- Environment and Ecology
- Topics for the essay writing in Part II will be based on current affairs and general knowledge.
- The essay should build an argument, demonstrate a clear perspective and be substantiated with examples, wherever possible.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras Important Dates 2019
|1||Online Application and Payment of Examination Fee - Starts|
Payment Option A: Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card – Starts
Payment Option B: Indian Bank Challan - Starts
|12th December, 2019|
|2||Last Date for submission of online application|
|For payment made by Option A - Ends||23rd January, 2019|
|For payment made by Option B ( step -2 must have been|
completed by 23rd January, 2019 ) - Ends
|24th January, 2019|
|3||Application Status can be Checked from the HSEE website by Candidates – Starts||13th February, 2019|
|4||Admit Card can be Downloaded from the HSEE Website by Candidates - Starts||20th March, 2019|
|5||Admit card can be downloaded from the HSEE Website by Candidates - Ends||21st April, 2019|
|6||Examination Date for HSEE-2019||21st April, 2019|
|7||Declaration of Result on HSEE Website||13th May, 2019|
|8||Offer letter can be downloaded from the HSEE website by Successful Candidates – Starts||14th May, 2019|
Indian Institute of Technology,
Chennai – 600 036, Tamilnadu, India.,
Phone No. : 044 2257 8220,
Fax : 044 2257 8224,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.hsee.iitm.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.