The Indian Navy
Invites Unmarried Men to Join tThe Indian Navy As Short Service Commissioned Officers in Executive Branch Jul 2007 Course.Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian citizens for Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Executive Branch (General Service) of the Indian Navy for Jul 2007 Course.
On Joining Naval Academy, candidates also have the option to volunteer for :-
- Pilot or Observer in the Naval Aviation Cadre – Subject to qualifying Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) for Pilots only and Aviation Medical Examination).
- Officers qualifying as Pilots & Observers in Aviation Cadre are entitled to an additional Pay of Rs.7000/- per month as flying pay.
Age: 19 ½ to 25 years born between 02 Jul 1982 and 01 Jan 1988; both dates inclusive.
Educational Qualifications: Any of the following:-
- A graduate with minimum 55% aggregate marks of a recognized University with Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level.
- BE/B Tech (or equivalent) from an institution recognized by AICTE with minimum 55% marks in aggregate in any discipline.
- A graduate of a recognized University (with Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level) holding NCC Naval Wing, Senior Division ‘C’ certificate.
- Height and Weight. Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/12, 6/12 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour/night blind.
Short Service Commission:
Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance/willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extent rules. Disciplined life, leadership qualities and professional skills imbibed during the service would stand as added advantages in acquiring second career post exit from the Navy.
How To Apply:
(a) Application Forms in accordance with the prescribed format and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope “APPLICATION FOR SSC
(GS) ‘X’ – JUL 2007 COURSE Qualification……….Percentage……..% NCC Certificate …………(If applicable)” are to be sent to the address given below by 11 Dec 2006. Applications sent by Speed Post/Registered Post/Courier will not be accepted.
” POST BAG NO. 04, RK PURAM PO(MAIN), NEW DELHI – 110 066.”
(b) Application must be sent in the format given in the advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
(c) Application must be accompanied by attested copies of : – (i) 10th Standard Certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates. (ii) Marks statement of all semesters/years.
(d) Application must be accompanied by two self-addressed stamped envelopes.
(e) Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stitched by thread only. Integrated Headquarters – Min of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviewsbased on their performance in educational qualification. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account
- SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled during Jan 07 – May 07 at Bangalore or Bhopal.
- The total duration of SSB interviews is five days, consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests, consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB Centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination at the same venue (approx duration 3-5 days)
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit will be appointed for training in Order of all India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to Directorate of Manpower
Planning & Recruitment (R&R), Room No 204, ‘C’ wing. Sena Bhavan, IHQ-MoD (N), New Delhi-110011 (Fax No 011-23017881).
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this entry.
- The training is scheduled to commence in the month of Jul 2007.
Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Goa followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments/Units/Ships. Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training. They will be on probation for a period of
two years, during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible to undergo training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
Duties Of An Executive Officer:
As an Executive Officer, you would be at the helm of affairs in ships. Executive officers are leaders of men, strategists of modern warfare and ambassadors of our country when in foreign waters. Modern warships are highly evolved fighting machines needing capable and decisive leaders to fight them. A glorious career would see many highpoints and chief among them would be command at sea. Executive officers actively participate in all facets of Naval operations – above, below and on the surface of the sea. They are specialists in Missilery and Gunnery, Anti Submarine Warfare, Electronic Warfare and Communications, Navigation and Direction, Hydrography and much else. You can even opt to fly including fighter jets, be a marine commando, dive below the surface in a submarine or become an observer and operate state-of-theart technologies in the air. An honourable, exciting and adventurous life awaits you as an Executive officer in the Navy.
Navy Offers You:
Promotions: The pay scale and promotion criteria for different ranks is as follows :-
Sub Lieutenant (SLt) – On commission
Lieutenant (Lt) – 02 years as SLt
Lt Commander – 04 years from date of promotion to Substantive Lt
Commander – 11 years from date of promotion to Substantive Lt
Note:- Promotion from Sub Lt to Cdr is on time scale, subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
Allowances :(as applicable*)
* Dearness Allowance * City Compensatory Allowance * Hill Compensatory Allowance * Kit Maintenance Allowance * High Altitude/Uncongenial Climate Allowance * Outfit
Allowance * Qualification Pay or grant * Parachute Pay and Parachute Reserve Pay * Sea Going Allowance * Hardlying money * Island Special Duty Allowance * Instructional
Allowance * Technical Pay * Low Rate interest loan from Govt. Sources for purchase of Car/Personal Computer/Scooter and Construction of House
Other Benefits: Entitled ration as per scale, furnished accommodation and allied services at concessional rates, free medical facilities for self and family. Group Housing Scheme,
concessional transport facilities for school going children, Canteen facilities etc.
Group Insurance & Gratuity: Insurance cover or Rs. 15 lakhs (on contribution) as per latest rules in vogue. Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in
Leave and Leave Encashment: Officers are entitled to (subject to service exigencies) 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year. Free Travel for self and family as
per rules & 50% concession by air. Leave encashment is permissible, as per latest rules in vogue.
Adventure & Sports: The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting,
mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing, etc.
For More Details and downloading of application please visit