Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research MSc, Mphil, Phd-Admission 2006
The Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research invites applications for admission to their following programmes.
1. MSc (Economics):
This is a two-year programme commencing in August.
* You must have completed either your
- BSc in Physics
- BSc in Mathematics
- BSc in Economics
* You must have scored at least a second division in Economics and a first division in other disciplines.
* You must have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary level.
MPhil/ PhD (Development Studies):
- These are interdisciplinary programmes commencing in August.
- The duration of the MPhil programme is two years.
- The duration of the PhD programme is four years.
* You have to have completed either your:
- MSc in Economics
- MSc in Operations Research
- MSc in Physics
- MSc in Mathematics
- MSc in Environmental Science
* You must have scored least 55 per cent in Economics and 60 percent in other disciplines.
* You must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary level.
- As a MPhil/ PhD student, you will receive a monthly stipend of Rs 8,000 in the first two years.
- If you fulfill the terms and conditions for PhD registration, you will receive a monthly stipend of Rs 9,000 in the third year.
- You will be selected on the basis of your performance in a written test and interview.
- The written test comprises the following:* General aptitude* Analytical ability
* Mathematical skills
- If you are shortlisted in the test, you will be called for an interview at the institute around the first week of July.
- You will be reimbursed second class return rail fare by the shortest route from your place of residence.
- The test will be held on May 7.
- You must send the request to IGIDR by March 3.
- You must return the completed form along with the application fee by March 17.
- New Delhi
How to apply
- Obtain the application form and prospectus from the institute on working days by paying Rs 200.
- You can get forms via post by sending a bank draft of Rs 200 (non-refundable) payable to Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research at Mumbai.
- You can download application forms by visiting
- Your request for an application form must include:*Your name*Date of birth
*Choice of test centre
Admissions Office, IGIDR
General A K Vaidya Marg, Goregaon (East)
Mumbai – 400065