JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONExams Date »
Joint Entrance Examination 2019 ( JEE – 2019 )
National Testing Agency ( NTA ) which is established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development ( MHRD ) conducts Joint Entrance Examination ( JEE ) MAIN for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
Joint Entrance Examination Eligibility 2019
- For appearing in the JEE ( Main ) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE ( Main ) Examination – 2019. The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he / she is desirous of taking admission.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination ( QE )
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in both January, 2019 and April, 2019 JEE ( Main ) – 2019 Examination.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th / Qualifying examination in 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE ( Main ) – 2019.
Number of subjects in the Qualifying Examination ( QE )
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th / qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE ( Main ) – 2019. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE ( Main ) – 2019 and if such candidates appear in JEE ( Main ) – 2019 by furnishing wrong information, their rank / result will not be declared.
Joint Entrance Examination Seats 2019
Reservation of Seats
As per Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories are :
- Other Backward Classes ( OBC ) if they belong to Non Creamy Layer ( NCL )
- Scheduled Castes ( SC )
- Scheduled Tribes ( ST )
- Persons with Disability ( PwD ) with 40% or more disability
Joint Entrance Examination Application Form 2019
Joint Entrance Examination Application Form is available in the official website www.jeemain.nic.in.
Applying Online and Submission of Application
- The online submission of particulars, uploading of scanned photograph and signatures may be made at JEE ( Main ) website. The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. On submission of details, a Confirmation Page with Application Number shall be generated.
- Candidates are required to take printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for reference. The Confirmation Page is not required to be sent to NTA. The application fee payment can be made by credit / debit card / Net Banking / e – challan using SBI – MOPS facility of State Bank of India.
Instructions for Applying Online
- Before filling up the application form the candidate should have a scanned image of his / her recent photograph and signature in running hand. These scanned images are to be uploaded during the submission of application form. The photograph should be coloured or black / white ( but clear contrast ) with name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph printed on it as shown. It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid photos are not acceptable. Candidates with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected. Candidates may keep 6 – 8 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of entrance examination, Seat Allocation Process and Admission.
- The information given in the first column of the following table will be asked in the Online Application form.
- The instructions to fill up the form have been given in the second column.
Joint Entrance Examination Selection Procedure 2019
- Candidates shall be offered admission based on their choices and All India Ranks of JEE ( Main ) – 2019 through a Seat Allocation Process to be announced later. The candidates will be able to make their choices online for branches / programs and institutes at appropriate time. Candidates are advised to regularly visit the JEE ( Main ) website www.jeemain.nic.in for latest information. The verification of documents would be done at the time of Seat Allocation Process / admission. The purpose would be to verify different records regarding identification, age, qualifying examination, state of eligibility, category and disability ( if any ) of the candidate. On failing to produce any of the authentic documents, the candidate will not be considered for admission. SC, ST, OBC and PwD candidates will be required to produce original certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of Seat Allocation Process as well as at the time of admission, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
Joint Entrance Examination Important Dates 2019
|1||On - line submission of Application Form||1st September, 2018 to 30th September, 2018 ( Upto 11.50 p.m. )|
|2||Date for successful final transaction of fee ( through Credit / Debit Card / Net Banking up to 11.50 p.m. and through e - challan upto bank hours )||1st September, 2018 to 1st October, 2018|
|3||Dates of Examination||Between 6th January, 2019
( Sunday )
and 20th January, 2019 ( Sunday )
|4||Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||By 31st January, 2019|
|5||On - line submission of Application Form||8th February, 2019 to
7th March, 2019
|6||Date for successful final transaction of fee ( through Credit / Debit Card / Net Banking up to 11.50 p.m. and through e - challan upto bank hours )||8th February, 2019 to
8th March, 2019
|7||Dates of Examination||Between 6th April, 2019 ( Sunday ) and 20th April, 2019
( Saturday )
|8||Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||By 30th April, 2019|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on website only||8th October, 2018 to 14th October, 2018|
|Exact City, date and shift of examination for Paper - 1 and Paper - 2 may be given on NTA’s website and made available by||15th November, 2018|
|Printing of Admit Cards from NTA’s website||From 17th December, 2018|
|Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||By 31st January, 2019|
Ministry of human resource development,
1, West Block, RK Puram,
New Delhi, Delhi 110066, India.,
Telephone No. : + 91 – 11 – 2338 3936,
Fax : + 91 – 11 – 23382365,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.jeemain.nic.in