Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) All India Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination 2006
Exam Date: 18-May-2006
On behalf of participating Universities, the Jawaharlal Nehru University will hold Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination on Thursday, May 18, 2006, for admission to
- M. Sc (Biotechnology)
- M. Sc Agri/ MVSc (Biotechnology) and
- M. Tech (Biotechnology)
Programmes being offered by various participating Universities (as per details given against each).
The entrance examination Centres:
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chcnnai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Gangtok, Goa, Gorakhpur, Gulbarga, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, lmphal, lndore, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Katihar, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Munibai, Nagpur, Noida, Pantnagar, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vijayawada and Visakhapalnam. (The University reserves the right to change any Centre(s) of Examination without assigning any reason).
Exam States: All India
Eligibility for M. Sc (Biotechnology):
Candidates with Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary & Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering, Technology 4-Years BS (Physician Assistant Course); OR Medicine (MBBS) OR BDS with at least 55% marks are eligible to apply for MSc (Biotechnology) programme being offered by:
|University of Allahabad, Allahabad||Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu|
|Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.||Calicut University, Kerala.|
|Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, lndore||Goa University, Goa|
|Gulbarga University, Gulbarga||Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar|
|Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar||Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla|
|University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||University of Jammu, Jammu|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi||Kumaun University, Nainital|
|University of Lucknow, Lucknow||MS University of Baroda, Vadodara|
|Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai||University of Mysore, Mysore|
|University of North Bengal, Siliguri||Pondicherry University, Pondicherry|
|University of Pune, Pune||Punjabi University, Patiala|
|R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur||Sardar Patel University, Gujarat|
|Tezpur University, Tezpur (Assam)||Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala|
|Utkal University, Bhubaneswar||Visva-Bharati University, Sanliniketan|
M.Sc Agri/MVSc Biotechnology programme at:
- Chaudhury Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar and
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur.
- For Ch. Charan Singh Haryana Agriculture University, Hisar: Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry (BVSc & AH) recognised by Veterinary Council of India with at least 50% marks or 5.00/10.0 OGP or equivalent grades from a recognized university.
- For Ch. Sarwan Kumar HP Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Horticulture/ Forestry with a minimum OGPA of 2.70/4.00 or 6.00/10.00 or its equivalent from a recognized University OR a degree from a foreign University recognized as equivalent for the purpose (with at least ‘B’ grade or its equivalent.
- For G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Panlnagar: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4/ 5 pattern of education in Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture, or Forestry with at least 55% marks from a recognized University & Students with Bachelor’s degree” in Science wilh either ZBC or PCM groups are eligible to take admission after qualifying the entrance examination. Remedial courses are mandatory which may extend the degree.
- For Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4/5 pattern of education in Agriculture, Veterinary. Dairy Technology. Horticulture, Forestry with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade from a recognized University.
- For Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 pattern of education in Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade from a recognized University.
- For Marathwada Agricultural University, Parbhani: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 pattern of education in Agriculture. Horticulture, of Forestry with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade from a recognized University.
- For Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 pattern of education in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry wilh at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade point average of 6.5 in 10 point scale OR 3.0 in 4 point scale from any recognized University.
For Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+4 pattern of edueatiort in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry OR Agricultural Engineering, with at least 70% marks or equivalent grade from a recognized University; and
For University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad: Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry from a recognized Agriculture University. CGPA not less inan 2.25/4.00 or 6.50/10.00 or its equivalent. For SC/ST and Category 1 candidates, mere pass is enough.
M. Tech (Biotechnology) Programme:
- Anna University, Chennai
- West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), Kolkata
Eligibility for M. Tech (Biotechnology) :
Minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade in any one: B. Tech/ BE in Chemical Engineering/ Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, B. Pharma, Chemical Technology, OR M. Sc in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics. (Also BTech/ BE in Electrochemistry, Bioengineering and MSc in Chemistry & Physics in case of Anna University and MSc in Bioengineering in case of WBUT)
How to Apply:
In Person: Application form alongwith brochure can be obtained personally on cash payment of Rs. 120/- per set from any of the participating University as mentioned above.
By Post: Those willing to get the Application Form by post should send their request only to the Deputy Registrar (CEEB), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067, alongwith a valid bank-draft of Rs. 180/-(for one set of application form). The bank draft should be payable to “Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi”. The request should accompany a self-addressed unstamped envelope of the size of 28×20 cms indicating clearly: Request for Application form for: (I) “MSc Biotechnology” OR (II) “MSc (Agri)/ MVSc Biotechnology” OR (III) “MTech Biotechnology”.
Issue of application forms start from:
1st Feb 2006.
Last date for issue of application form is by post:
8th March 2006
Last date for issue of application form is by post: By Cash:
17th March 2006
Last date for submission of application form is
17th March 2006.
Tuition Fee/ Scholarship:
Fee shall be charged from the admitted candidates as per the fee structure of concerned University. Candidates selected for admission to those of the participating Universities, which are supported by the Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India), are generally eligible for scholarship at the rates prescribed by the Dept. of Biotechnology.
Candidates may please note that the MSc Biotechnology programme being offered at Punjabi University, Patiala and Thapar Institute of Engg and Technology Patiala, is currently not being financially supported by the Department of Biotechnology. Therefore, the award of scholarships, if any, shall be governed by the rules prevailing in these Universities. Students admitted to Gulbarga University and Mysore University will not get any scholarship.
- Reservation 15%, 7V4% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for SC, ST and Physically Challenged (Handicapped) (PH) candidates respectively. All the SC/ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination.
Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri Migrant candidate in the entrance examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter-se merit along with other candidates subject to his/ her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
There are different sets of Application Forms for each programme and, therefore, candidates are advised to apply separately in case they wish to apply for more than one programme i.e.
- For M. Sc Biotechnology OR
- For M. Sc (Agri)/ MVSc Biotechnology OR
- For M. Tech Biotechnology Programme.
Completed application forms can be submitted personally or should be sent by registered post/ speed post/ courier service only to the deputy registrar (CEEB), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067 and not to any other participating university.