Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) All India Combined M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance ExaminationExams Date »
JNU M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance Examination 2019
JNU invites application from candidates for admission to the M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance Examination for the acadmic session 2019
JNU Course Eligibility 2019
- Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4-years B.Sc. ( Physician Assistant Course ); OR Medicine ( MBBS ) OR B.D.S. with at least 55% marks
- Before applying, ensure that candidate fulfil the eligibility requirements as prescribed above. Also note that permission to appear in the entrance examination is subject to candidate’s fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements prescribed above. candidate may, therefore, appear in the entrance examination only if candidate fulfil the eligibility requirements for M.Sc. Biotechnology Programme.
- Despite this caution, in case candidate do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and still appear in the entrance examination, candidate will do so at candidate’s own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that candidate do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted to candidate, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- The candidate’s who are due to appear in the respective qualifying examination prescribed as eligibility for admission shall also be considered for appearing in the entrance examination. Such of the candidate’s will be allowed to appear in the entrance examination at their own risk and on the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection, they will be entitled to admission only if they secure the minimum prescribed percentage of marks in their qualifying degree examination and that they will be required to submit all the documents including final mark-sheet of the qualifying examination (indicating the final and overall percentage of marks) before the deadline for admission fixed by the concerned participating University
JNU Seats 2019
Reservation of Seats
- 15%, 7½% and 5% of seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste ( SC ), Scheduled Tribe ( ST ) and Person with Disability ( PWD ) candidate’s respectively. All the SC / ST and PWD candidate’s who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying examination. OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University
- 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri migrant candidate in the Entrance Examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he / she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter-se merit alongwith other candidate’s subject to his / her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri migrant status.
JNU Exam Pattern 2019
- The question paper for the Entrance Examination will be of three hours duration and divided into two parts:
- Part -A will have multiple choice type questions at the level of 10+2 in the subjects : Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. The Candidate’s will be required to attempt 60 questions : Total marks for Part A will be ( 60 questions x 1 mark each) of 60 marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, ½ ( half ) mark will be deducted.
- Part-B will also have multiple-choice questions of Bachelor’s level requiring thinking and analysis. There will be questions from Physics, Mathematics, Biology ( e.g., Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics and Molecular Biology ) and Chemistry. The candidate’s will be required to attempt 60 questions. Total marks for Part B will be 60 questions x3 marks each = 180 marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
JNU Application Form 2019
- JNU Application Form details will be available at the website: www.jnu.ac.in
- Note that candidate’s name, candidate;s parent’s / guardian’s name, and candidate;s date of birth should exactly be the same as given in candidate;s 10th class or first Board / Pre-University examination certificate. Any deviation, whenever discovered, may lead to cancellation of candidate’s candidature.
- Candidate’s name should be as given in candidate’s 10th class certificate or candidate’s first Board / Pre-University Examination. Female candidate may mention her present surname in case of name change after marriage.
Entrance Examination Fee
- The entrance examination fee is [rupee] 1000 /-( Plus GST ) for general category candidate’s including OBC candidate’s and [rupee] 500 /- ( Plus GST ) for the candidate’s belonging to SC / ST and Person with Disability categories. The entrance examination fee for Foreign Nationals is US$ 40.00 or [rupee] 2640 /- ( Plus GST, if applicable ).
Doucements Required for Admission
- Two self attested copies of the Matriculation, Higher Secondary Pre-University of Indian School Certificate or Senior School Certificate ( 10+2 ) or an equivalent examination certificate, showing the age / date of birth of the candidate;
- A Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended;
- Two self attested copies of the statement of marks obtained by the candidate in Senior School,
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree examination etc; or their equivalent examination;
- Two self attested copies of the Bachelor’s Degree and / Master’s Degree;
- SC / ST / OBC Certificate, if belonging to SC / ST / OBC category. a Medical Certificate for PWD Candidate’s certifying nature & percentage of disability issued by the competent medical authority. Migration Certificate (in original) from the Head of the Institution / University last attended.
JNU Admit Card 2019
- The candidate’s may download their Admit Card from the University’s website: www.jnu.ac.in around and take the Admit Card to the Examination Centre with a copy of latest passport size photograph. Before taking the entrance examination, ensure that candidate fulfil the eligibility requirements as prescribed by the University.
- Also note that permission to appear in the entrance examination is subject to candidate’s fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements prescribed for admission as notified in the Prospectus. candidate may, therefore, appear in the entrance examination only if candidate fulfil the eligibility requirements as prescribed for M.Sc. Biotechnology Programme under Section-II of this prospectus.
- Despite this caution, in case candidate do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and appear in the entrance examination, candidate will do so at candidate’s own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that candidate do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted to candidate’s, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
- Those candidate’s who have applied and fulfil the prescribed eligibility conditions but somehow are not able to download the Admit Card are advised to contact either the JNU Representative ( who will be available at the Examination Centre at least a day in advance ) or the Presiding Officer / Principal of the Centre to sort out the problems.
- It may be noted that only those candidate’s will be allowed to appear in the entrance examination whose names appear in the roll-list available with the examination centre. The University will assume no responsibility whatsoever in case the candidate fails to report on the due date and time for appearing in the entrance examination
JNU Selection Process 2019
- The selection will depend strictly on the basis of inter- se merit of the candidate in the Entrance Examination vis-a-vis preferences for joining the Universities indicated by the candidate. In case a candidate has not indicated his / her choice for joining a particular University, his / her name will not be considered for that University.
- After the merit list is drawn more than double the number of candidate’s than the total intake only will be informed of their merit rank in the entrance examination. The candidate’s will also be informed about the total number of seats in each participating University. The candidate’s will be asked to exercise their options through online mode for joining the Universities.
- The candidate’s will be asked to pay through online mode [rupee] 5,000/- [rupee] 2,500/- in the case of SC, ST, PWD candidate’s ) as initial security deposit giving their willingness to be considered for admission to the participating Universities in accordance with their options for joining the universities vis-à-vis their inter-se merit in the Entrance Examination.
- All candidate’s are advised to check the result on the web site of the university www.jnu.ac.in in the first / second week of february ( tentative ).
- The candidate’s who do not exercise their options for joining any of the participating universities will not be considered for admission to that university / universities.
- After allotment of seats, the JNU will send intimation to the candidate’s about their allotment of the university and also to the concerned participating university to which the candidate has been selected. note that once allotment of University is made on the basis of inter-se merit vis-à-vis options, other options of the Universities given by the candidate shall stand frozen.
- Candidate’s are advised to check the allotment of university on the web site of the university www.jnu.ac.in in the first / second week of march ( tentative ).
- The participating university will then inform the candidate about the complete admission procedure and schedule of their university as well as the amount of fee etc. to be deposited by the candidate. The initial security deposit already sent by the candidate through demand draft to JNU will be sent to the concerned University for refund after first semester.
- In case the candidate is offered admission in accordance with his / her options for joining the University vis-à-vis his / her inter-se merit, but subsequently either does not join the concerned University or withdraw after joining during the first semester then in that event, the initial deposit of [rupee] 5,000/- and [rupee] 2,500/- for General/OBC and SC / ST / PWD categories respectively, shall stand forfeited.
- The initial security deposit of [rupee] 5000/-, [rupee] 2,500/- in the case of SC / ST, PWD category candidates ) will be refunded in full to those of the candidates who are not offered admission to any of the participating university.
- Only those candidates who will be asked to exercise their option, the list / letter of these candidates will be available on JNU website www.jnu.ac.in although intimation to this effect is also sent to the candidates on their e-mail account.
However, the candidates are advised to find out through their own sources whether their names appear in the list and thereby make arrangement for sending their final option together with initial security deposit by the stipulated date.
- The University will not issue any paper intimation to the candidates. Candidates are advised to regularly check JNU website for updates.
JNU Exam Centres 2019
- Agartala ( AG )
- Ahmedabad ( AH )
- Aizawl ( AZ )
- Allahabad ( AL )
- Amritsar ( AS )
- Bangalore ( BL )
- Bareilly ( BR )
- Bhubaneshwar ( BN )
- Calicut ( CA )
- Chandigarh ( CH )
- Chennai ( CE )
- Coimbatore ( CT )
- Dehradun ( DD )
- Delhi ( DL )
- Dimapur ( DU )
- Gangtok ( GT )
- Gaya ( GA )
- Ghaziabad ( GZ )
- Gwalior ( GW )
- Guwahati ( GH )
- Goa ( GO )
- Gorakhpur ( GP )
- Hyderabad ( HY )
- Imphal ( IM )
- Itanagar ( IT )
- Jaipur ( JP )
- Jammu ( JM )
- Jodhpur ( JO )
- Katihar ( KT )
- Kolkata ( KL )
- Lucknow ( LK )
- Mumbai ( MB )
- Madurai ( MR )
- Nagpur ( NP )
- Pant Nagar ( PN )
- Patna ( PT )
- Pondicherry ( PE )
- Pune ( PU )
- Raipur ( RP )
- Ranchi ( RC )
- Sagar ( SA )
- Sambalpur ( SP )
- Secundrabad ( HD )
- Shillong ( SL )
- Shimla ( SM )
- Silchar ( SC )
- Siliguri ( SG )
- Srinagar ( SR )
- Thiruvananthapuram ( TP )
- Udaipur ( UD )
- Varanasi ( VR )
- Vijayawada ( VJ )
- Visakhapatnam ( VP )
- Kathmandu ( KM )
JNU Important Dates 2019
|1.||Registration Start Date||15th September, 2018|
|2.||Registration End Date||13th October, 2018|
|3.||JNU Admit Card Release Date||10th December, 2018|
|4.||Date of JNU CEEB Exam||30th December, 2018|
|5.||Declaration of Result||2nd week of March, 2019|
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi 110067,
website : www.jnu.ac.in