Joint Entrance Screening Test ( JEST )Exams Date »
Joint Entrance Screening Test ( JEST ) 2019
Joint Entrance Screening Test invites application from Candidates for the admission of following program for the academic year 2019
JEST Admission Courses 2019
- Ph.D. Programme
- Ph.D Physics
- Ph.D Theoretical Computer Science
- Ph.D. Neuroscience
- Ph.D. Computational Biology
- Integrated Programme
- Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme ( Physics )
- Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science
- Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme
- Integrated Ph.D. Programme
- M. Sc. Programme
JEST Admission Eligibility 2019
- Candidate should passed M.Sc. in Physics ( all participating Institutes ).
Additionally, some institutes accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics, as listed below.
- Candidate should passed M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- Candidate should passed B.E. or B.Tech. will be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS – TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA – TIFR, TIFR – TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- Candidate should passed M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics will be cnsidered at IUCAA.
- Candidate should passed MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR.
- Candidate should passed M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- Candidate should passed B.Tech Eng. Phys.will be considered at TIFR.
- Candidate should passed M.E. / M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
Ph.D Theoretical Computer Science
- Candidate should passed M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
- Candidate should passed M.Sc ( Physics / Mathematics ), B.E / B.Tech / M.C.A in Computer Science
Ph.D. Computational Biology
- Candidate should passed M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme ( Physics )
- Candidate should passed B.Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- Candidate should passed B.Sc. ( Physics ) will be considered at IMSc.
- Candidate should passed B.Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered in IIA.
- Candidate should passed B.Sc ( Physics ) or B.E. / B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- Candidate should passed B.Sc. ( Physics ) will be considered at IISER – Pune, ICTS – TIFR, NCRA – TIFR, and TIFR – TCIS.
- Candidate should passed B. Sc. ( Physics / Mathematics ) / B.E. / B.Tec. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- Candidate should passed B.Sc. / B.E. / B.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- Candidate should passed M.Sc. ( Physics / Applied Physics ) / Post – B.Sc. ( Hons ) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram.
- Candidate should passed B.Sc. ( Physics ) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
M.Sc. Programme at HRI.
- Candidate should passed B.Sc. ( Physics ) or B.E. / B.Tech. degree in any discipline.
JEST Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- The screening exam for Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics and Theoretical Computer Science will be an OMR based test.
- The paper will be of 3 hours
- The number of questions
- Physics question paper will have two parts. Part-A will have 25 questions and Part B will also have 25 questions. Question paper for Theoretical Computer Science will have total seven subjective questions.
- Marking scheme would be as followed :
|S.No||Sections||Marks for correct Answered||Marks for wrong answered||Marks for not answered|
|1||Part A||1||-1 / 3||0|
JEST Admission Application Form 2019
- JEST Admission application form will be available at website : www.jest.org.in.
- Application registration fee ₹ 300/- for general / OBC candidates and ₹ 150/- for SC / ST candidates.
JEST Admission Admit Card Details 2019
- Candidates can download the JEST admit card 2019 through online mode. Candidates can access their admit card by entering the username and password. The admit cards will be released in the fourth week of January 2019.
- The printout of the admit card will be carried by the candidate on the day of exam along with one photo Id proof. The admit cards will not be sent to the candidates by post or any other mean
JEST Admission Selection Process 2019
- Candidate must get valid JEST 2019 score. selection will be done by merit. Candidates who will qualify the exam will be called for the interview. The Interviews shall be conducted individually by the participating institutes.
JEST Admission Exam Centres 2019
JEST will be held at the locations indicated below :
- Mangalore ( Centre is subject availability. Second option will be allotted if centre is not available )
JEST Admission Syllabus 2019
- Mathematical Methods
- Classical Mechanics
- Electromagnetism & Optics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics
- Analytical Reasoning and Deduction
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Discrete Mathematics
- Graph Theory
- Principles of Programming
- Data Structures
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
JEST Admission Results 2019
- The JEST result will declare in the last week of March and those applicants have given the examination of JEST, they can check the result through online mode and also they can download the result.
- Applicants can check their result by entering their username and password. JEST score card will be valid for 1 year only.
JEST Admission Counselling 2019
- Candidates will be call out for the counselling procedure if they have scored qualified marks in the entrance examination.
- The interview will be conducted through authority and it will start from the 3rd week of April. In every particular institution, the personal interview will conduct and it will conduct through offline mode on the different dates for a different course.
JEST Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date for submitting online applications and payments||15th December, 2018|
|2||Availability of admit card||20th January, 2019|
|3||JEST 2019 will be held on||17th February, 2019|
Tehsildar Office, P.O. Jatni,
Khurda 752050, Odisha, India,
Phone No. : 0674 249 4005,
Website : www.jest.org.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.