Junior Commission Officer (Catering) Entrance ExaminationExams Date »
Junior Commission Officer (Catering) Entrance Examination 2007
1. Applications are invited from candidates for recruitment as Junior Commissioned Officer (Catering) in the Army who fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
The Indian Army has invited applications for recruitment of Junior Commissioned Officers (Catering), from candidates whose domicile is Chennai zone. Director (Recruiting) Major S S Srivastava stated in a press release that a physical fitness and medical test would be conducted between May 21 and 26.
Written examination would be held on
May 27. The candidates should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent and a diploma/ certificate in cookery/hotel management and catering technology from a registered university/food craft institute. Applications should reach the headquarters recruiting zone before April 27. Call letters will be issued by April 28.
a) Age Limit: Between 21 to 27 years as on 08 October 2007.
b) Educational Qualification: The candidate must be in possession of the following qualifications:
i) 10+2 or equivalent from Education board recognized by Council of Board of School Education in India.
ii) Diploma / Certificate course of a duration of one year or more Cookery / Hotel Management and Catering Technology from a recognized Food Craft Institute / University.
2. Number of Vacancies: 10(Ten) Physical and Medical Standards
3. As applicable to the regular army (Details may be obtained from nearest ZRO / ARO / IRO).
Mode of Recruitment:
4. Screening: Screening of candidates will be carried out as per the programme issued by Recruiting Offices.
5. Physical Fitness Test: Physical fitness test will be applicable as given under (a) 1 mile fun in maximum 6.20 minutes (b) Pull up (Beam) minimum of 6 (c) Balance – Quality (d) 9 feet ditch – qualify
6) Medical Standard: A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth, i.e. 14 dental points. Should be in medical category SHAPE-I read in conjunction with AO 146/77.
7. Written Examination:
Only those candidates selected in the screening will be permitted to appear in the written examination which will be of three hours.
8. Result of the successful candidates in the written examination and coming up in the merit for interview along with the interview dates will be communicated by post through self addressed envelopes and list will also be displayed at respective ZROs. Recruiting Organization will not be responsible for non receipt of communication due to postal errors / incorrect address furnished by the candidates
9. The candidates declared successful in the above written examination and placed in the merit list will appear for interview at nominated Regimental Centre. Candidates will be paid traveling allowance from their home station to interview centre. Those who qualify in written examination and interview and finding place in the overall merit list will be selected for the post
10. Candidates who are serving any organization and are selected for the interview will produce “Non Encumbrance Certificate” from their employee at Zonal Recruiting Office before dispatch to the interviewing centre for interview.
T.A. / D.A.
11. No T.A. / D.A. will be admissible for appearing in screening and written examination
Terms of Enrolment:
12. a) Selected candidates will be commissioned as Niab Subedar (Group ‘Y’) after completion of Military and Technical Training
b) Pay and Allowances: Junior Commission Officer will get the pay scale of Niab Subedar (Group ‘Y’) of Rs.5620-140-8140. In addition he will be entitled to DA, free accommodation, fee ration for self, free medical and leave concession for self, family and dependents.
Submission of Application:
13. Candidates are required to submit their duly filled Application Form along with all required documents as per the format duly superscribed “Application For Junior Commission Officer (Catering)” on the top outer cover of the envelope to the Headquarter Recruiting Zone of which the individual is domicile of and that he has to appear for written examination from the same Headquarter Recruiting Zone only. Application submitted to the Headquarter Recruiting Zone of which the candidate is not domicile / native of will be rejected.
14. Candidates are advised to contact the nearest Recruiting Office for further details
- All the above terms and conditions, vacancies and selection procedures are subject to change from time to time.
- Information regarding recognition of universities may be obtained from the nearest ZRO / ARO / IRO.
Postal Address of Headquarters Recruiting Zones:
- HQ Rtg Zone, Chadershekhar Marg, Ambala Cantt – 133001, For Haryana and Himachal Pradesh
- HQ Rtg Zone, 148, Fd Marshal, KM Kariappa Road, (For Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshwadeep)
- HQ Rtg Zone, Fort Saint George, Chennai – 600009, (For Tamil Nadu, AN Islands)
- HQ Rtg Zone, Danapur Cantt – 801503 (For Bihar & Jharkhand)
- IRO, Delhi Cantt – 110010, (For Delhi, Gurgaon & Faridabad)
- HQ Rtg Zone, T-23, Ridge Road, Jabalpur – 482001, (For Madhya Pradesh & Chattisgarh)
- HQ Rtg Zone, Shastri Nagar, Post Box No.35, Jaipur (Raj)- 302016
- HQ Rtg Zone, Jalandhar Cantt – 144005, (For Punjab and J &K)
- HQ Rtg Zone, 1, Gokhle Road, Kolkata, (For W Bengal, Sikkim & Orissa)
- HQ Rtg Zone, 236, M G Road, Lucknow Cantt – 226002, (For Utter Pradesh & Uttrakhand)
- HQ Rtg Zone, 3, Rajender Singhji Road, Pune – 410001, (For Maharashtra, Goa & Gujarat)
- HQ Rtg Zone, Shillong – 793001, (For NE States)